Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2016 2:56:29 PM EDT
looking for recommendations on SBR engraving local to the valley.

If you could post turnaround time and  price paid too would be great

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Quentin Defense twice.

Been a few years now, but they did the work sameday while I went off and had lunch. Wasn't pricey. Don't recall exact price now though. $35 or $45 I believe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Where in the valley? I recommend Molon Labe in Peoria at ~83rd Ave and Bell Rd.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Molon Labe in Peoria hands down, he uses lasers that are very precise. The owner is a member here and if you make an appointment he will do it as you wait all of 15 mins. I have had 3 NFA items engraved with him and after your first one you get your others done at a substantial discount. http://www.molonlabe.com/index.html

I like Quentin Defense, I buy my stripped lowers from them, but they use a mill to engrave and they will ask you to remove your fire control group and possibly your buffer tube; not to mention they charge around $65. Also as a side note QD, last I checked, does not engrave suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
3rds on Molon Labe, they did a great job, and was done in about 15 mins while I waited. I love QD, but they had quoted me 2 to 3 weeks and twice $ as much as Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
QD a lower for me at the end of April for $50. They are slammed lately, so Molon Labe might be better at the moment. I hear the guy at  3 tactical does nice work also.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Another +1 for Molon Labe, excellent work and the price was right ($40 for the first and $25 for any additional with the same info).
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
We have to get supressors also engraved with trust info? I haven't really come across a lot of info on supressors needing engraving. SBR yes. But not cans.

Molon labe is sounding good btw
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have to get supressors also engraved with trust info? I haven't really come across a lot of info on supressors needing engraving. SBR yes. But not cans.

Molon labe is sounding good btw
View Quote

You only need to engrave a suppressor if you are building a Form 1 suppressor. I used Mr. Silencer for my homebuilt suppressor I just finished Monday as he was only a few miles from me. He uses a high end laser to engrave with. He can cut all kinds of material, he engraved caliber markings on a Remington 700 that I had barreled with a uncut barrel blank. Turned out beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Tempe Trophy does great work. They will do it while you wait if you call ahead and make an appointment.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ahh geez guys, all the good feed back I am seeing about us (MolonLabe) gives me the warm fuzzies.......that or I am still numb from the dentist .......sent you a couple pictures JayRock

here is something I engraved inside the magwell of one of my lowers:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=74891
View Quote

Lol that pic and the other you sent me CONVINCED me. I'll be calling real soon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ahh geez guys, all the good feed back I am seeing about us (MolonLabe) gives me the warm fuzzies.......that or I am still numb from the dentist .......sent you a couple pictures JayRock

View Quote

Not the best pic to post in a thread about your business...

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Someone had wanted to see a sample of our NFA engraving. I will not post pictures of customers NFA engraving, if they want to post it, that is fine. I just feel that is their personal info and I am not going to put it out there on the web. I had also been asked if I can engrave on the magwell lip....that is the story for that engraving...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the best pic to post in a thread about your business...

Someone had wanted to see a sample of our NFA engraving. I will not post pictures of customers NFA engraving, if they want to post it, that is fine. I just feel that is their personal info and I am not going to put it out there on the web. I had also been asked if I can engrave on the magwell lip....that is the story for that engraving...

I was only kidding.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry thread drift since it looks like the OP got his answer, but can someone explain the whole engraving SBRs thing please.  I don't have any NFA stuff, but have been thinking about an SBR.  Several people have told me you don't need to engrave an SBR.  If that's true why does it seem so many people do it?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry thread drift since it looks like the OP got his answer, but can someone explain the whole engraving SBRs thing please.  I don't have any NFA stuff, but have been thinking about an SBR.  Several people have told me you don't need to engrave an SBR.  If that's true why does it seem so many people do it?  Thanks
View Quote

Those people are wrong, when you submit a Form 1 to SBR a gun, you, your trust or corporation is considered the maker of the SBR and the entity's name (your name or the trust/corporation name) and city/state must be permanently engraved into the gun.  This discussion comes up fairly frequently in the SBR and Classic 3 forums here.

Linky

Better link

This website lays out the requirements
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Those people are wrong, when you submit a Form 1 to SBR a gun, you, your trust or corporation is considered the maker of the SBR and the entity's name (your name or the trust/corporation name) and city/state must be permanently engraved into the gun.  This discussion comes up fairly frequently in the SBR and Classic 3 forums here.

Linky

Better link

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Better link

Thanks for the links.  I was looking into this a bit a few months ago when I was considering doing my first SBR and I also found a few articles that said people talked to the ATF and were told you didn't need to engrave.  And my FFL, who I think is a class 3 dealer or whatever it's called, also told me you don't need to engrave.  Strange there's so much confusion about this...
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I had Wright Armory inside C2 Tactical do a laser engraving for me.

It was a simple engraving, and took less than 24 hours. Only cost $25.

http://www.wrightarmory.com/laser-engraving/
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I had wright armory do 4 of mine and I'll never go  back.  They screwed up 2 of them, tried to deny it was tbeir fault, took 4 trips (I'm in avondale) and a month to get it worked out.  Never again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had Wright Armory inside C2 Tactical do a laser engraving for me.

It was a simple engraving, and took less than 24 hours. Only cost $25.

http://www.wrightarmory.com/laser-engraving/
View Quote

Before I clicked the link I had called them a while back and they quoted me $45 and a week turn around. So I saw you posted $25 and sure enuff their site says $45. So how did you get it for $25?  Even tho they are right down the street from me I've heard several bad reviews about their engraving. But their customer service and stuff is good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top