Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2016 1:36:03 AM EDT
I recently moved here from Texas. I'm a Commercial pilot looking for a something in a multi-engine aircraft, but I'll consider almost anything.

I'm also looking for people to go shooting with. I'm in Queen Creek, but I have a membership at Scottsdale Gun Club so I go up there fairly often.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently moved here from Texas. I'm a Commercial pilot looking for a something in a multi-engine aircraft, but I'll consider almost anything.

I'm also looking for people to go shooting with. I'm in Queen Creek, but I have a membership at Scottsdale Gun Club so I go up there fairly often.

Thanks guys.
View Quote

I'm in San Tan.

Might go shoot to BZO rifles Thursday at like 6AM in Florence. Early day, but it's cool outside at that time. You're welcome to come.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Mesa air seems to be perpetually hiring as a feeder to Delta/American
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]
How many hours?  IFR 135 minimums?  CFI?  What do you want to do?  Cargo, airlines, charter, air ambulance, skydiver driver?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many hours?  IFR 135 minimums?  CFI?  What do you want to do?  Cargo, airlines, charter, air ambulance, skydiver driver?
View Quote

Commercial single engine land
Commercial multi engine land
Commercial single engine sea
Instrument rating
High altitude
Complex
Tail wheel
Expired CFI
All ground instructor certificates
1,800 hours
Most of that is PIC cross country
300 hours instrument time
160 hours multi time
30 hours turbine time
I screwed up and didn't get my ATP when it was easier

Ultimate goal is air ambulance
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking to go shooting with a few folk, the hometown shoot on OCT 1st and 2nd is a great way to meet and introduce yourself to us.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you're looking to go shooting with a few folk, the hometown shoot on OCT 1st and 2nd is a great way to meet and introduce yourself to us.
View Quote

Cool. What time and where?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For those that need to be convoyed into the area, 1000 at the Chino Valley Safeway. The link to more information is here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a ton of flight training in AZ, due to the great weather.  If you got your CFI reinstated (or add CFII/MEI?) you could get a CFI job in no time.  Westwind, Transpac, CAE, ATCA (Lufthansa), etc.  The schools are desperate for instructors, paying $5k hiring bonuses, etc.  But, it's flight instructing...

Cargo jobs.  You could get on with Ameriflight in the PA-31 with your times.  I don't know if they would guarantee a PHX base, however.  There's also a 135 cargo outfit out of FFZ that flies twin Cessnas.  Aerolynx I think is the name.  I would think you'd be a pretty strong candidate with 160 multi.

Lots of skydiving activity out here as well.  The big DZ is in Eloy (Skydive Arizona) and they fly mostly multi-engine planes.  That place can be tough to crack without an internal rec.  There are half a dozen other DZs in the state, however.  Mostly 182/206 or Caravan.  Pay is not great at the smaller places.

Corporate.  Lots of that out of SDL.  I've got to think you could get a right-seat job with 1800/160.  

Flying tourists at the Grand Canyon?  Grand Canyon Airlines, Scenic, etc.  Mostly twin otter.  

Pictometry is hiring, but you'll be on the road all the time.

I don't know anything about air ambulance, sorry.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you very much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top