Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2016 1:15:05 AM EDT
Friend is doing his paperwork for an sbr and needs to get his fingerprints.  Does he have to go to DPS or can he go to any local PD?  He asked me cause he lives right next to a phx PD precinct and I had no idea.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Neither. He can roll his own even. There is no provision from the ATF requiring LE to print you for NFA. Anyone who is equipped to do so may print you (which is how Silencer Shop is doing their kiosks in dealers for prints).
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh sweet. Does he just need to get a fingerprint card? Any exact kinda?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
He can get a card from the ATF by submitting a request to them for a paper form1 or 4. He will have to supply the card whether he does them himself or takes them to a PD to do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, there are two types of fingerprint cards. The pink ones are for criminal printing (after an arrest), and the blue ones are for non criminal purposes.  Just make sure you get the right ones, don't just have a cop buddy grab a few from the station, because most PDs only have the pink ones on hand.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, there are two types of fingerprint cards. The pink ones are for criminal printing (after an arrest), and the blue ones are for non criminal purposes.  Just make sure you get the right ones, don't just have a cop buddy grab a few from the station, because most PDs only have the pink ones on hand.
View Quote

ok.  i may just tell him to request the form from ATF
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I know some local depts around here won't even do them.  There's a ton of private places though that I've had to use for various pre-employment background fingerprint checks.  They'll do it for a nominal fee.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Most 3rd party MVD offices do them. UPS stores too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
When I did my sbr  a few years ago I had to wait 6 weeks for Sheriff Joe's office to do the LEO sign off. Is there no longer a requirement for the LEO to sign off anymore?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I did my sbr  a few years ago I had to wait 6 weeks for Sheriff Joe's office to do the LEO sign off. Is there no longer a requirement for the LEO to sign off anymore?
View Quote

With the 41F changes, if you use a trust, you now need to submit fingerprints.  The one good thing to come out of it is for individuals, it is now a CLEO notification, not approval, which should streamline that process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top