Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2016 4:01:37 PM EDT
Tucson City Council Outlaws the Sale of Gun/Magazines Holding More Than 10 Rounds on City Property

Fortunately this only impacts gun shows held on city property meaning the TCC.  As noted in the video there haven't been any guns shows there for awhile and I think this will pretty much insure that there won't be any in the future.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought there was something passed a few years ago that made gun shows on city property virtually impossible to have at all?  

I was with the understanding that that's the reason there haven't been any since then.

ETA:  Ah...the background check thing was what I was thinking of.  

http://tucson.com/news/local/background-checks-now-mandatory-at-some-tucson-gun-shows/article_cc8c44c0-6fda-11e2-bb0b-001a4bcf887a.html

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]

This is the first area we need to bring in the political refugees from CA so we can take it back from blue fuckery.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't this a violation of state law since it is under city/state property?

Or does it fall under private property?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is the first area we need to bring in the political refugees from CA so we can take it back from blue fuckery.
View Quote

At least quarantine them there. That way if they bring "California Common Sense" with them they won't infect the rest of us, but if they don't they can help reunite our state.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

At least quarantine them there. That way if they bring "California Common Sense" with them they won't infect the rest of us, but if they don't they can help reunite our state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't you gotten your immunization yet?

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
And what about this?

":13-3108. Firearms regulated by state; state preemption; violation; classification; definition

A. Except as provided in subsection G of this section, a political subdivision of this state shall not enact any ordinance, rule or tax relating to the transportation, possession, carrying, sale, transfer, purchase, acquisition, gift, devise, storage, licensing, registration, discharge or use of firearms or ammunition or any firearm or ammunition components or related accessories in this state."
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Preemption, as previously stated.

We should pass laws to ban poverty and hunger. Yeah, that will work.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I emailed my councilman to ask how he voted on the ban and to get a copy of the new regulations.  I received a response from his aide.  According to him, the vote was only to have the city attorney draw up the verbiage for the proposed changes.  If true, I would assume the council will have to vote again on the actual wording of the change in the regulations.  I'm sure it will be rubber-stamped with a unanimous vote but it gives us time to contact our council critters now and make plans to attend the meeting when they'll hold the vote.  

Here's the response I received:

"The vote was 6-0 (Shirley Scott was absent), but it was to ask the city
attorney to come up with language to amend regulations passed in 2013 to
cover the weapons you describe. There is no language yet, but I could
get it to you when it becomes available."

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Tucson the home of vagrants, homeless, refugee, reefer head, heroin shootin garbage pail kids.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
City governments will do any stupid thing imaginable until they're slapped down hard a few times.  Looks like it's slapping time in Tucson.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tucson the home of vagrants, homeless, refugee, reefer head, heroin shootin garbage pail kids.
View Quote

I'm not a big fan of Tucson but I will say that when I was down there last weekend for work (near U of A campus), every single person I walked by smiled, made eye contact, and said "hello."  I was quite pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Tucson is a left wing shithole sanctuary city , may as well be in San Fran .
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#15]
As far as i know Tucson is the ONLY  sanctuary city in AZ .
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
^^ Finally! I was waiting for someone to point this out. I just did not want to be the first one
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to this link, Tucson has some company.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys in Tucson stay safe, if SHTF you'll have your hands full of zombified sombitches. I'll get down there ASAP for the rescue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You guys in Tucson stay safe, if SHTF you'll have your hands full of zombified sombitches. I'll get down there ASAP for the rescue.
View Quote

If you're up in Phoenix don't bother.  By the time you get out of freeway traffic, Corporal, myself and the few other hometown guys that live down here will have eliminated the threat, rescued a few dozen U of A hotties and started a colony at the base of the Catalinas.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you're up in Phoenix don't bother.  By the time you get out of freeway traffic, Corporal, myself and the few other hometown guys that live down here will have eliminated the threat, rescued a few dozen U of A hotties and started a colony at the base of the Catalinas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phoenix was lost a long time ago, it fell to the invading hordes. I live in an old folks area so those hotties for me will be in their 60s if I'm lucky, I can make it work though
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#23]

So....the children living in Tuscon will be safer, right?

Otherwise, any reasonable man would say why the fuck bother?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#24]
The stupid on this one hurts bad, the tucson city clownsel originally banned gun sales at their convention center. So, gun sales proceeded at pima county fairgrounds (gun shows), where money was had for the county. The city loses out due to their oppressive laws (illegal at best), so they pass more oppression hoping gun shows will return to the convention center. Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Beat me to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to this link, Tucson has some company.

Beat me to it.

That link is not quite accurate.  I'm not sure about Mesa or Chandler, but Phoenix regularly cooperates with ICE and turns bodies over to them.  ICE screens a lot of arrests entering the jails.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The stupid on this one hurts bad, the tucson city clownsel originally banned gun sales at their convention center. So, gun sales proceeded at pima county fairgrounds (gun shows), where money was had for the county. The city loses out due to their oppressive laws (illegal at best), so they pass more oppression hoping gun shows will return to the convention center. Stupid is as stupid does.
View Quote

And that my friends, is the absolute truth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top