Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2016 7:01:16 PM EDT
Anybody see them yet? Saw 2 on I-17 this afternoon. They are silverfish gray and front fender says " courteous vigilance". Rear says "State Trooper". Kinda cool looking.....I know...CSB.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Been seeing one on SR85 between I-10 and Gila Bend for a few months now. Saw another one on I-10 east of Tucson a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a silverish unmarked one in Cochise County over the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a black on black one in my AO. But he is DUI enforcement.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
We changed the team colors.  Not changing any existing ones, so revenue neutral.  So any new DPS Patrol Vehicle will look like this:

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Bleh.  The white and blue was so classic.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, well, they had a poll at work, and siad the rank and file would make the decision, and the majority said keep it with the White and Blue.  It looked good.  And then the brass said, thank you for your input, and... We are going with what we picked.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, well, they had a poll at work, and siad the rank and file would make the decision, and the majority said keep it with the White and Blue.  It looked good.  And then the brass said, thank you for your input, and... We are going with what we picked.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a dilbert pointy haired boss move for sure.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did they decide you would become a "State Trooper"?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We changed the team colors.  Not changing any existing ones, so revenue neutral.  So any new DPS Patrol Vehicle will look like this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1574/25829365163_43eb19c647.jpg

View Quote

I like it.

Will the stripe make the vehicle appear to be going faster than it actually is?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#10]
New ones look sweet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
LOL.  Gay.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it.

lol

I don't like it.  Whatever.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Somehow "Courteous Vigilance" doesn't have the same ring as "Bad Mutherfucker".

But, optics and all that crap.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:38:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like it, Sarge. Noticed one on my way home earlier.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#15]
State trooper sounds better anyways
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#16]
DPS all up changing things and what not.

I kinda like it, but I grew up with the white/blue.

They're changing the image with new paint schemes and side arms, maybe change the uniform too?

Just kidding, keep the tan/tan.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard some of their recruitment and training guys comment tha they look like the new cars belong to the Oakland Raiders.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#18]
By loosing "Highway Patrol" and replacing it with "State Trooper", does this mean they are expanding their AO and law enforcement roles?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the name Highway Patrol better than State Trooperhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXPJJUzO-mk
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I like it. A lot of people don't even know DPS/highway patrol are state police.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Gay as fuck

and 'state trooper?' lame
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I've seen one the past couple days on the I-10 W and the 202. I can dig the new colors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#23]
There's a new one in my complex at night.  There was an old one (looked new), then it was gone for a week or so, but now the new design is parked right outside.  It's reflective for sure.  Reminds me of a design from back east.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Around the same time.  Finally.  We had a serious identity crisis at DPS, no one knew who we were.   APS?  Department of Public Service?  Are you the Sheriffs?   So went to what 95% of all State agencies do, and switched to Trooper.  The rank and file love it.  Didnt change my name plate, I already promoted.   Oh, well.    
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Somehow "Courteous Vigilance" doesn't have the same ring as "Bad Mutherfucker".

But, optics and all that crap.  

View Quote

Has been the motto of DPS since before DPS, 1969.  So I am glad it is on the car.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

By loosing "Highway Patrol" and replacing it with "State Trooper", does this mean they are expanding their AO and law enforcement roles?
View Quote

No.  Just a name change.  Why Highway Patrol came off the cars is still a mystery.  It is still on our Badges.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Classy look. The whole "Public Safety " thing always sounded nannyish, Trooper has a professional ring to it.

F'N things are gonna be harder to see though LOL might have to cut down on the top speed runs on the S1000RR out on the 74

Oh kidding of course
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Classy look. The whole "Public Safety " thing always sounded nannyish, Trooper has a professional ring to it.

F'N things are gonna be harder to see though LOL might have to cut down on the top speed runs on the S1000RR out on the 74

Oh kidding of course
View Quote

Ill let them know to give you a pass.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Saw one on the way to Tucson two weekends ago, and on my trip there Friday for work.  I was like.. wtf is a res cop doing on I-10 until I got closer.  I like both styles really.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Did you guys change the color of the desktop on TRACs to match the new cars?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:40:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh kidding of course

Could have used you while I was in my twenties!  My license eater is "track only" now for the good of everyone
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw a ghost version today.  Coming down the 260 from Show Low, it was assisting with an accident.  It was an all white explorer with a just slightly different color white marking scheme.  Looked pretty slick.

ETA:  

Just like this:

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I like both.  Prefer the white, but like the change to Trooper.  Either way, driving is - for Arizonans - a source of tremendous mental and emotional anguish.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I like both.  Prefer the white, but like the change to Trooper.  Either way, driving is - for Arizonans - a source of tremendous mental and emotional anguish.
View Quote

I suggest you travel abroad and see how bad driving can really get. Makes Arizonans look exceptionally competent.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:26:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Did you guys change the color of the desktop on TRACs to match the new cars?
View Quote

Seems you know our systems.  But no.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top