Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 12:36:54 AM EDT
So just got back from a family event and my uncle, who just moved back to AZ, said our version of the 9th court just ruled the 2nd doesn't cover concealed weapons in public.

I don't read the news much what is he talking about?  I don't have a permit I just conceal, I was going to get a permit but is this true?

Doesn't seem right at all.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
does not affect AZ

someone Kalif sued the state demanding he be issued a permit, he won, state appealed, verdict overturned... so Kalif does not HAVE to issue permits... AZ and most other states do issue permits and continue to do so.

And AZ and a few other states don't criminalize carrying without the gov't permission slip.

so Carry on.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does not affect AZ

someone Kalif sued the state demanding he be issued a permit, he won, state appealed, verdict overturned... so Kalif does not HAVE to issue permits... AZ and most other states do issue permits and continue to do so.

And AZ and a few other states don't criminalize carrying without the gov't permission slip.

so Carry on.

View Quote

Ahhh. Ok. This is why you can't listen to anyone anymore. Know one knows all the details. My uncle just ran into the party last night telling me I can't carry anymore lol. I knew he had to miss something about it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ahhh. Ok. This is why you can't listen to anyone anymore. Know one knows all the details. My uncle just ran into the party last night telling me I can't carry anymore lol. I knew he had to miss something about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
does not affect AZ

so Carry on.

You were not the first to be mislead with false information due to a lack of investigative follow through to verify the information as true or not.

Had a CA hippy buddy try to do the same thing and openly posted this on my Facebook. So I got the facts, posted them to let him know that he should never again knee-jerk post on my wall or threads without doing the proper researching to verify first.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Arizona is a free state ,you can carry if you are not restricted .
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The OP should join AZCDL and then he would know about Constitutional Carry that the Great State of AZ has mostly due to AZCDL !
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to join.

I know about carry rights here but I guess the ruling was last week and the ninth circuit court covers out area too so according to what my uncle read you can now be made to prove why you need a concealed permit even here.

I've been thinking about getting my conceal permit. What are the benefits?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to join.

I know about carry rights here but I guess the ruling was last week and the ninth circuit court covers out area too so according to what my uncle read you can now be made to prove why you need a concealed permit even here.

I've been thinking about getting my conceal permit. What are the benefits?
View Quote

Speeds up the gun purchase process. You've already been background checked, so you fill out the 4473, the dealer takes info from your DL and your CCW, pay the man and off you go.

The class is kinda informative about rights vs duties of carrying in public, when you're justified shooting and when you're not. Plus it some range time when you can laugh (or be horrified) at how Joe Six Pack or Sally Soccermom shoots when they're not gun guys like us.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]

To the 9th Circuit 'judges':

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top