Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2016 9:07:16 AM EDT
Delete, found some old threads.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit up Rizzo.  He'll get you squared away with any questions.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, after a little searching, his threads are exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If you need any additional help, let me know. Always happy to throw my .02 out there.

Most of the camo I use is inexpensive or issued gear - as long as the colors match the terrain and the pattern breaks up your outline, you are good to go. Most camo is sold to appeal to the human eye (I can look like a leaf?! Awesome!) but none of that matters out in the real world.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you need any additional help, let me know. Always happy to throw my .02 out there.

Most of the camo I use is inexpensive or issued gear - as long as the colors match the terrain and the pattern breaks up your outline, you are good to go. Most camo is sold to appeal to the human eye (I can look like a leaf?! Awesome!) but none of that matters out in the real world.
View Quote

Thanks man.  

Right now I am operating under the principle that its more important to remain motionless vs being invisible.  Well, to a degree anyway.  I have well worn and faded green bottoms (they look OD) with a desert MARPAT long sleeve t-shirt, various packs and rucks are tan and/or 90s era desert camo.  Might head down to the local surplus store and try to find some cheap sets of well-faded BDUs, this is for Sonoran desert use (Tucson area).  

I've read dozens of pages of posts referencing camo on various varmint sites, lots of lighter colors designed to reflect the darker colors in one's surroundings (which mirrors my own experience, darker colors don't work as well).

I've read a number of your threads from the past few years that google turned up, although your area seems like its probably a lot greener than time, on average.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

.... Always happy to throw my .02 out there.  Most camo is sold to appeal to the human eye (I can look like a leaf bear?!  Awesome!).
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks man.  

Right now I am operating under the principle that its more important to remain motionless vs being invisible.  Well, to a degree anyway.  I have well worn and faded green bottoms (they look OD) with a desert MARPAT long sleeve t-shirt, various packs and rucks are tan and/or 90s era desert camo.  Might head down to the local surplus store and try to find some cheap sets of well-faded BDUs, this is for Sonoran desert use (Tucson area).  

I've read dozens of pages of posts referencing camo on various varmint sites, lots of lighter colors designed to reflect the darker colors in one's surroundings (which mirrors my own experience, darker colors don't work as well).

I've read a number of your threads from the past few years that google turned up, although your area seems like its probably a lot greener than time, on average.
View Quote

I hunt all over the country, but spend most of my time in southern AZ. Doesn't really affect my camo selection too much. I won't hesitate to hunt in tan/green pants or even blue jeans with a natural color or cheap camo shirt from Wal-Mart, and I've killed a lot of critters that way. You are correct - sitting still with good cover in the shade will do a lot more for you than the most expensive camo. All of my camo is old school BDUs or these days I'll use some MARPAT or Multicam sometimes. I also really prefer to use a face mask of some kind, to break up the head/neck outline, hide head movement and hide face shine.

Here's a few camo combos that seemed to work - these are spread out over many years, but all of these photos come from AZ. I bet I haven't spent more than a few hundred bucks on camo - most of it was issued or is surplus from somewhere.

Blue jeans, cheap Wal-Mart camo shirt

Called in this bobcat for my buddy, he was sitting in the shade with that 'camo' combination

MARPAT T shirt and some kind of pants that I ended up not using much, but worked ok in lighter terrain

One of my favorite camo photos, only hunting photo that actually hangs up in my house. One 'cause my Dad is in it, but two look at the difference in camo color vs. terrain.

All MARPAT

My current favorite combo, Multicam top and MARPAT bottom, or sometimes I use a BDU bottom

Pretending to be a bush with a gray sweatshirt on and MARPAT bottom.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Kings Desert Shadow. Just outside of Paulden/Drake, Az

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/justinf001/Kings%20Camo%20Az_zpsnby9icom.jpg
View Quote

Good looking rifle, what's the set up on that?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/justinf001/Kings%20Camo%20Az_zpsnby9icom.jpg

Gracias!
All Quentin Defense w/ custom internals. Larue mount w/ Leupold vx6 1-6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top