Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2016 12:31:04 AM EDT
Got a 10 year old working 4 ton AC, thought for sure someone would buy it off of me on Craigslist.    But no interest.

Anyway, guys who installed the new system claim its worth $100 in scrap if I disassemble it.   Got the tools and I find taking apart such stuff to be a fun time.  Not to mention easier to load into the truck.

However, if value is closer to $25 than $100, I might just set it out for bulk pickup and figure someone will haul it away.

Anyway, what is the closest scrap yard near Ahwatukee that would give me money for it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody knows of a scrap yard to take it to?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess everyone has so much money they never recycle anything that won't fit in the trash can.  (I haven't had anything big enough to recycle yet.)  Might just have to google it or leave it for the traveling scrappers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess everyone has so much money they never recycle anything that won't fit in the trash can.  (I haven't had anything big enough to recycle yet.)  Might just have to google it or leave it for the traveling scrappers.
View Quote

ha, this and my other recent post asking where to re-certify some fire extinguishers has me thinking the same thing.  I guess everyone is just happy to throw everything in the trash as soon as possible.  I may be the only guy left under the age of 50 that still gets shoes and luggage and fixed at a repair shop.   I figure spend $20 getting an old pack or bag fixed is better than spending $50-60 on a new one that is likely to be more shoddily constructed and won't last as long as the original item post repair.   Plus I give the $20 to the old timer to fix it vs. $30 to Kohls and $30 to Chinese sweat shop owner.

Oh well, people have laughed at me at a long time for trying to buy American whenever possible, I guess listen to the economists who told you offshoring all the jobs would make the economy better, how did that work out?

Other reason to bother taking it to the scrap yard, scrap yards owners and employees are a gold mine of future story telling opportunities.  Think the guy from slingblade...

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Davis Salvage Company in Phoenix. That where I get my metal from, they are a recycling plant.
602-267-7208 - 3322 E. Washington Street
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I know where a bunch of recycle places are, just not in Ahwatukee.  I'd almost bet there aren't any, lol.

For fire extinguishers, I've always used Sun Devil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top