Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 4:22:58 AM EDT
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/south-phoenix/silent-witness-looking-for-man-who-stole-gun-from-mcdonalds-customer

video at the website.

Wow that happened fast. I don't open carry anymore due to my new lifestyle full of kids and being in and out of elementary schools but I use to literally put my hand on my gun when I couldn't pay attention to things completely. This guy needs to work on his situational awareness.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Retention holster but I only OC when out in the wild because concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#2]
"Back pocket holster"

Looked like a full size gun in a back pocket.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha, idiot kept his gun in a back pocket.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

All the cool kids are doing it..
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
That wasn't in a holster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
More fuel for the anti-gun crowd.....
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Condition white will kill you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Time, place, location and manner...

This was more than a problem of open vs conceal, this was failure of situational awareness and to retain the weapon.

Just dumb.

Now what if the guy had a back up gun when he went after the thief who then pointed the gun at him? now it escalates to a shooting?

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Retention holster but I only OC when out in the wild because concealed means concealed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Couple of months ago, some idiots gun fell out of his back pocket sitting in a chair at a hospital. Some gun owners make other gun owners look like ass.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Years ago, I was buying a rifle from an individual on backpage. We met at a parking lot and when he got out the car, his CCW fell out of his non-retention IWB holster on to the ground.

We both looked at it for a second before he apologized and picked it up. Shocked me a bit at first.

We looked over each others ID, but just to be safe, I had Phoenix PD run the number on the rifle after I met him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Central and Southern in PHX wild enough for you?  

(I used to float for work and did shifts around Central and Baseline. Interesting part of town whereas they had brand new HUGE houses that looked beautiful across the street from stereotypical crack dens. Never understood that.)

This sucks for the dude, but he should have been more careful.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

(I used to float for work and did shifts around Central and Baseline. Interesting part of town whereas they had brand new HUGE houses that looked beautiful across the street from stereotypical crack dens. Never understood that.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I avoid Phoenix like the it's got the ebolas

Wild for me is anywhere 15 minutes from my house and up into the hills and mountains...or what's left of them if the transplants stop fucking with our forests
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Dumbass....

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done it years ago CCW with a Springer Ultra Compact.  OC? That guy was a fool.

For me to OC in town, a retention holster would be my only choice. I've never done it though.
A snap holster has always been the rig for desert OC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top