Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2016 4:55:55 PM EDT
Anyone know of a home alarm installer that you trust in your house that I can hire?  I need to hire someone to program my alarm system for a new 4G communicator since all the old 2G communicators are no longer being supported by AT&T. I live down south of the metro area near Casa Grande so I know I'll be paying travel time as well as the labor but I'm looking for someone I can trust around my
house.

I really don't want to hire my alarm company to do it since I'm less than happy with the people they use so I don't trust them based on past experience.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the new panel come with any documentation?  Can you program a vcr?  If the answer to both is yes and there is beer in your fridge I'd be willing to help.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure what you mean by documentation of the panel.  The panel I have is an Honeywell Ademco Vista-10P panel and it was working fine until it started chirping with a bF code that wouldn't go away with a reset. So my alarm company determined (this being all done over the phone) that its because the radio communicator is a 2G system and it needs upgraded to 4G communicator.

The Honeywell GSMV4G 4G Cellular Communicator I wanted to buy is supposed to work with the Vista 10P and its supposed to be an easy install since the system has already been using a cell connection to communicate. I was going to install the 4G communicator but I guess it needs to be programmed once installed.  I just have been less than happy with the strange rangers my alarm company has sent out the last couple of times they've been here. They've sent some creepy repair guys who seemed to express an unprofessional interest in where my belongings where when all they were supposed to do was work on the alarm panel.

So I want to hire an independent installer/repair guy to install the 4G communicator and program it so it communicates properly with my alarm company. I thought vetting them through ARFCOM would be a good filter..
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
With some of the people I've seen that install I imagine the programming is pretty straight forward.  Vetting through arfcom is a great idea.

If it doesn't work out and the part has even the most basic of instructions I'd be willing to scratch my head next to you and curse at it till it works.

To some time > money and that's not always wrong, I just hate to pay for anything if I can figure it out
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With some of the people I've seen that install I imagine the programming is pretty straight forward.  Vetting through arfcom is a great idea.

If it doesn't work out and the part has even the most basic of instructions I'd be willing to scratch my head next to you and curse at it till it works.

To some time > money and that's not always wrong, I just hate to pay for anything if I can figure it out
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I'll order up the part and see what I can do.  I guess the worst that could happen is to have to call the scaryfreaks in from my alarm company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top