Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:48:10 PM EDT
It has been a few years since I tried to sell/trade on backpage. What is the deal with people on there now? Has anyone with any sense left?  I offer up a gun at a fair price for sale or trade. Have received  super low offers and trades. People seem to think you will trade a  $800 gun for their $3-400 dollar gun. The couple of trades that have been interesting the people just disappear after couple of emails. No changed my mind or anything. I realize the world has lost all civility but come on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Put it up in the EE here for a FTF sale. I gave up on Backpage a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll never use BP again, people on there are generally dumb as dirt and have no problem jerking you around.  Find an FFL that won't rape you on transfers out and sell it on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
There is that other AZ only gun forum with a EE............

Just sayin'  
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Last BP transaction a guy was selling a MKIII 22/45. Agreed on fair price for both of us. Drove 25+ miles. The slide/bolt on the thing wouln't operate

Perhaps he could have told me that before I drove down. I left, but sometimes kick myself for not offering him $100 for it in its state. (Probably put back together wrong, nice condition gun)
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm working a BP transaction right now ...  The issue I've seen are the people that agree to a deal and then just disappear or no show.  It's frigging anonymous email, there is no reason to not send a "I changed my mind" notice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#6]
same shit with craigslist....I only arrange meetings in an area I need to be at anyways...so when they flake I'm not really out any time

I swear there's people that troll those boards and engage in conversations just for the sake of fucking with you.

I ALSO suspect that antigun zealots use it to compile emails and phone numbers,  and thus I only use CL/BP specific emails....

good luck!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#7]
After a week of dealing with ....will call them people, from both Craigslist and Backpage on numerous sale ads. I am seriously thinking throwing stuff away would be preferable.  I can say some of the people on here are not much better.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
What are you selling?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:24:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you selling?
View Quote

I have alot for sell but the bigger items are a Kimber 1911 and a Miller 175 Mig welder
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Have you tried "Offer Up?"

I've listed a few things and gotten some hits, never had a sale yet, but it seems like it could work well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have alot for sell but the bigger items are a Kimber 1911 and a Miller 175 Mig welder
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you selling?

Would you trade that Kimber for a broken Marlin Model 60 .22 with a cracked stock and a missing magazine tube?

Just trying to get you in the Backpage vibe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I have tried OfferUp. No real difference. All the buyers seem to have disappeared and all thats left is reseller looking to get stuff for free.

I had one guy try to compare my Miller welder to a harbor freight model he could get.  Then I get backpage people who think their Glock 17 is somehow worth more than a new one and I should trade them straight across for the Kimber.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I have had good results with buying and selling on,

arizonashooting.com

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]

I'll trade you what's in the Bear Mystery Bucket for what you got (everybody wants what's in me bucket).

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll trade you what's in the Bear Mystery Bucket for what you got (everybody wants what's in me bucket).

View Quote

Frosted Lucky Charms - yeh, those are ok

Crispy FreeBear Scat...not so much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#16]
The difference between a Backpage transaction and an Arfcom transaction is....

The only gun you need to bring to an Arfcom transaction is the one your selling.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The difference between a Backpage transaction and an Arfcom transaction is....

The only gun you need to bring to an Arfcom transaction is the one your selling.
View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

arizonashooting.com

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

arizonashooting.com

This

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into azshooting. I did finally trade the Kimber for a Remington 1903
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]
my buddy tried selling his FN PBR for $600 or so.  Guy said he would take it.  Later backed out when he realized it wasn't an FN SCAR-17.   Thankfully it was just before they met up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#21]
People are really this stupid!

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
People are really this stupid!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fnraci.jpg
View Quote

Those are the real illegal deal. Probably a cop waiting to arrest people.

Keep in mind Lordsburg, NM, is just a few hours away
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]
so what kind of fireworks are legal in AZ anyway?   I see people discussing going and getting the real "fun" stuff all the time...?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I've found some good deals on there, but it's mainly filled with BS now. I love the guys with the M&P Sports ,NC Star Scope,TAPCO grip, and NEBO lights that want $2k for their "custom" AR's!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
so what kind of fireworks are legal in AZ anyway?   I see people discussing going and getting the real "fun" stuff all the time...?
View Quote

Poppers, sparklers, fountains (that shoot sparks like 5 feet) are legal.

Anything that goes up in the air (mortars, roman candles, bottle rockets, zips/jumping jacks) including firecrackers are all illegal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've found some good deals on there, but it's mainly filled with BS now. I love the guys with the M&P Sports ,NC Star Scope,TAPCO grip, and NEBO lights that want $2k for their "custom" AR's!
View Quote

Better than the sporterized/cut down Mosin with a tapco stock and cheap scope that the guy thinks he will get $500-$700 for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top