Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 6:36:31 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can find a target stand that's set up for one 2 x 4 (for a small steel plate) ?

Not looking to pay out the ass, just want to know before I buy some off ebay

I live in mesa
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
P3DT in Flagstaff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Theres a paintball/gunshop on higley just south of mckellips that has a buch of different target stuff
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you cant find what you're looking for, check an industrial metal shop. I ended up getting an 8" AR500 plate, 5ft of 1" angle iron and 10" hollow steel 2x4 for $35 and had it welded the same day for $15. $50 all said and done and just used a 4"x1/2" Grade 8 bolt,1.5" spring, some washers and a butterfly nut I had laying around.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Shooters Element has a nice folding stand that takes a 2x4.
I have 2 of them, very sturdy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooters Element has a nice folding stand that takes a 2x4.I have 2 of them, very sturdy.
View Quote

That price tag tho
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That price tag tho
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooters Element has a nice folding stand that takes a 2x4.I have 2 of them, very sturdy.

That price tag tho

I agree
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot you're all cheap :)

It's a handy design the way it folds. And it's sturdy.

Try this to save 12%: Save12

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
P3DT in Flagstaff.
View Quote

P3DT makes great targets and stands.  He is also a member here.  I have one of his steel targets with a stand.  It takes a lot of hits.  I will be buying more.

There was a thread here in HTF about target stands that had some good suggestions.  I cannot find it right now.  Maybe someone else will have better luck.  Based on that thread there seems to be few of our members who make stands and targets.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you cant find what you're looking for, check an industrial metal shop. I ended up getting an 8" AR500 plate, 5ft of 1" angle iron and 10" hollow steel 2x4 for $35 and had it welded the same day for $15. $50 all said and done and just used a 4"x1/2" Grade 8 bolt,1.5" spring, some washers and a butterfly nut I had laying around.
View Quote

Just remember bolt your ar500 to the hanger or stand dont weld it... an m855 can penetrate a welded piece of ar500 because it gets retempered from the heat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#10]

I make my own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top