Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 2:43:56 AM EDT
Hey guys, kind of a long shot but, if you know anyone who's lost their dog in the Prescott/Prescott Valley area, please let me know.

Tonight I found a dog running down the middle of Hwy 69 near Robin (Lane?). It almost got ran over by the guy in front of me. Real nice dog, well mannered. Someone is missing this dog. Got right in my truck.

I took it to the emergency vet place, and it has a chip, but the number didn't have contact info registered to it. I plan to take it to Yavapai humane society in the morning, hopefully they can look up it's chip also. I put an add on Prescott Craigslist also.

I need to find this dog's people. I have no issue keeping the dog with me, but I have to leave Sunday night for Williams for work, and will be up there until Friday in a hotel. ( can't take it with) I'll only be in Prescott on the weekends for the next 5 weeks. Otherwise it could stay with me.

Any help appreciated. Don't hesitate to IM me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Long shot for sure.  You managed to avoid any description of the "dog" - size, color, breed, male/female, never mind a pic.  Your CL ad is likewise of little use:

http://prescott.craigslist.org/laf/5425536825.html

Best way to get a dog returned is posted fliers where you found it with picture, description, and your phone number.  CL isn't bad, but "dog" isn't going to do it.

Best wishes to dog.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Great move, helping out that dog!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Long shot for sure.  You managed to avoid any description of the "dog" - size, color, breed, male/female, never mind a pic.  Your CL ad is likewise of little use:

http://prescott.craigslist.org/laf/5425536825.html

Best way to get a dog returned is posted fliers where you found it with picture, description, and your phone number.  CL isn't bad, but "dog" isn't going to do it.

Best wishes to dog.
View Quote

I posted a listing on Craigslist, I purposely avoided giving a description because I fear someone may try to claim this dog who isn't it's owner.

It's a really nice dog, and every Tom, Dick, and Harry that's seen it is on me to give it to them. So there's that angle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The humane society opens at 11, and I'm hoping the can find more info by scanning the chip.

Thread in GD
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
if you dont want to leave it at the humane society, I could watch it in PV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top