Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:25:40 PM EDT
Looks like he might lean very far to the left.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in favor of Aziz but it will be interesting to see how the first few months go. I know a lot of officers are NOT in support of him including TPOA. Being a civilian employee, I'm not sure his reign would affect myself much but I really hope the threats of people leaving are just threats
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
To progressive for Tucson is my thought..
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in favor of Aziz but it will be interesting to see how the first few months go. I know a lot of officers are NOT in support of him including TPOA. Being a civilian employee, I'm not sure his reign would affect myself much but I really hope the threats of people leaving are just threats
View Quote

I don't know how anyone can work for TPD.  I have a few acquaintances that did, but most were looking at moving up to the Phoenix area for better pay.  LE is obviously of no concern to the city council.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The TPOA and a civilian on the board both recommended Aziz based on highly objective criteria, so it's very telling (but not surprising) that they were ignored.  Guess we'll see.
View Quote

I saw who was on the search committee and knew the result would not be good.  Glad I live in the county, but it's not much better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like he might lean very far to the left toes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I saw who was on the search committee and knew the result would not be good.  Glad I live in the county, but it's not much better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The TPOA and a civilian on the board both recommended Aziz based on highly objective criteria, so it's very telling (but not surprising) that they were ignored.  Guess we'll see.

Not much better?  At least deputies respond to all calls. I guess you mean the leadership.  Nanos and Radke are trying to set a high bar for complete corruption.

Tip of the iceberg here:

http://tucson.com/news/local/sheriff-official-s-relative-ran-department-cafes-rent-free/article_2f2c25d5-1310-5ab8-89d2-e067fb662e37.html#utm_source=tucson&utm_campaign=most-popular-tabs-2&utm_medium=direct
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not much better?  At least deputies respond to all calls. I guess you mean the leadership.  Nanos and Radke are trying to set a high bar for complete corruption.

Tip of the iceberg here:

http://tucson.com/news/local/sheriff-official-s-relative-ran-department-cafes-rent-free/article_2f2c25d5-1310-5ab8-89d2-e067fb662e37.html#utm_source=tucson&utm_campaign=most-popular-tabs-2&utm_medium=direct
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tip of the iceberg here:

What a fitting name considering the "situation"... "Off The Record"
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Looks like he might lean very far to the left.
View Quote
He will lean as far as the puppet masters pull him.  They pay his salary.  The previous chief was actually a fairly conservative Republican, however, he was also controlled by those who sign his check.  Hopefully when he runs for Sheriff, this will come out.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like he might lean very far to the left toes.

Sued for sexual harasment of a male employee, out of the closet and a "community policing" liberal who now loves the BLM guys after having previously been sued for racial discrimination... have fun Tucson.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Pima County

Tucson

LE anywhere in the area is not supported well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top