BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can arrange that for you and others interested also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like this will be happening on Jan 30, hereby known as "Day of The Dicks."

I'm out then, have drill that weekend.

See yall at the next shoot, maybe we can do a summer shoot for the thin blooded among us

OK now you're talking my tune!
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like this will be happening on Jan 30, hereby known as "Day of The Dicks."

See yall at the next shoot, maybe we can do a summer shoot for the thin blooded among us

Already informed Junior of the winter one and he's interested. He also scored some Federal bulk cheap wally world 22, that bastard

As for summer, I just need an insider tip on the details to make a date we can all agree on.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#3]
You folks that are going to the Freeze, anyone interested in me bringing my can cannon?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If you bring that be ready for an ATF raid.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're only invited if they bring enough toys to share.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have an SBR, this is a DIY that has a chopped barrel
unlike the smooth bore that the real one used.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I get some directions from someone pleeeeeeease? I should be in on dicks or the 30th.

Wait, wat.......
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can I get some directions from someone pleeeeeeease? I should be in on dicks or the 30th.

Wait, wat.......
View Quote
You're in Tucson, correct?

Bam!

I'm sure the OP will give the actual area location by IM though, but the link will put you within a mile or two.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
It will be a little while until I know whether or not I will be able to make it.

If I can, I will potentially need a ride from the road, back to the shoot location. I'll update that info when I have it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Already informed Junior of the winter one and he's interested. He also scored some Federal bulk cheap wally world 22, that bastard

As for summer, I just need an insider tip on the details to make a date we can all agree on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably in July. Remind Junior of the SAR show, he said he wanted to go.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bam!

I'm sure the OP will give the actual area location by IM though, but the link will put you within a mile or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, wat.......

Bam!

Yup in Tucson. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Tentatively, I am in.
What is the elevation there. Oh, and where is there?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tentatively, I am in.
What is the elevation there. Oh, and where is there?
View Quote
Chino Valley, and its 4,707 ft above sea level.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Jan 30th.... I might make it
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I get a three day weekend on Feb 13-15, but any weekend should be okay depending on my work load.  I really won't know until that week, but I'll try to get out there.  I had a great time in previous meets.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump!

Freebear cannot make it due to his schedule and I floated the idea for a summer shoot and he will have to see with his show schedules.

I'm going to hit Costco the Friday of and pick up some Hebrew National hot dogs, the good shit, for anyone camping that night.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Drat... Looks like I will have to wait for the summer shoot to maybe meet you guys and make things go bang.

KOH starts that Friday.

Radio Man
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Drat... Looks like I will have to wait for the summer shoot to maybe meet you guys and make things go bang.

KOH starts that Friday.

Radio Man
View Quote
Your location and low post count is throwing me off

Who be you?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I be a gun enthusiast.  

Not sure why its saying I still live in TX.  Changed that a while ago.  Been here a few years but work has kept me away from the ranges and such.  Was active with a few different forums in TX.

Radio Man
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I be a gun enthusiast.  

Not sure why its saying I still live in TX.  Changed that a while ago.  Been here a few years but work has kept me away from the ranges and such.  Was active with a few different forums in TX.

Radio Man
View Quote
Well nice to meet you. I'll try to plan the summer shoot for August so we all don'tfry out in the sun, even here in the Prescott area.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd really like to come out as well, assuming it's open to Arfcommers you haven't met yet.  Of course, that would be dependent on my getting the time off and figuring out where it is, and borrowing my fiancee's truck.  I see it's N of Prescott, so about 4.5 hours from me.  I'm a little east of Tucson.

What's the general plan / schedule?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd really like to come out as well, assuming it's open to Arfcommers you haven't met yet.  Of course, that would be dependent on my getting the time off and figuring out where it is, and borrowing my fiancee's truck.  I see it's N of Prescott, so about 4.5 hours from me.  I'm a little east of Tucson.

What's the general plan / schedule?
View Quote
You are all most welcome. I believe there will be other Tucson travelers as well. Maybe link up with them and figuring it out?

Some folk come out that Friday as soon as they can to get their choice camp spots, while others show up on Saturday and will camp out or not depending on how close they live or whatever. If I know that people are coming out on Friday, I will probably join you all until I get tired of not feeling my hands, ears, toes, and start sniveling my way to my car an haul ass back to the house with the heat cranking then show back up the next day.

Just beware, I have been known to show up the next day and fire my loudest gun if the bears are still sleeping  so we can kick things off. We try to keep an area clear so the long range folks can use that prime spot to get their thing going undisturbed.

Alias I'm sure will be there and if not, we'll try and get a two gun course on the side and leave the short range area next to the long range guys undisturbed for those that want to plink away or whatever.

No drinking while shooting. Night fires are okay but no drinking until it's done an over. Bring an IFAK and an extinguisher, an try not hitting the free range cows if you can help it.  Bring a bucket if you reload or to help others clean up their brass if you do not reload, and trash bags to police up everything. We leave that place pristine so we can keep on using it.

If anyone needs a lift from the dirt road, please let us know so we can work things out to pick you up. When Rizzo planned this back in 2013, we all met at Gabby's Kitchen nearby and went from there after our breakfast. People met up in Phoenix and convoyed from there as well.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would like to attend. I have yet to meet any of you guys. -Art
View Quote

I would like to attend as well, haven't been able to attend any AZ functions yet.

If someone could PM me information on the location that would be awesome
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I would like to attend as well, haven't been able to attend any AZ functions yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to attend. I have yet to meet any of you guys. -Art

IM sent.

Let me know if you need something with more details, or will that grid coordinate work?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Assuming I can make it, and it is still a very big IF; I will try and get something together for the Tucson people.

If anyone would like me to keep them posted about it send me an IM.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Does Verizon cell service work out there?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Assuming I can make it, and it is still a very big IF; I will try and get something together for the Tucson people.

If anyone would like me to keep them posted about it send me an IM.
View Quote

PM sent.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rape whistles don't even work out there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.
Sup with your location?

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sup with your location?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.
Sup with your location?

I'm in Tucson. Got your PM and should be able to find it no problem. Fellow AZ member ONTIME69 may be carpooling with me if we can both make it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm in Tucson. Got your PM and should be able to find it no problem. Fellow AZ member ONTIME69 may be carpooling with me if we can both make it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.
Sup with your location?

The TRP, don't leave for here without it.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The TRP, don't leave for here without it.

View Quote

Never leave home without it.

I'll have a couple mags loaded up for ya.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

As GSL said, not very well.  But, my texts always worked, I have had phone conversations while I was out there, and I could sometimes browse ARFCOM.

It seems like cell reception got better once the lead started to fly
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As GSL said, not very well.  But, my texts always worked, I have had phone conversations while I was out there, and I could sometimes browse ARFCOM.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't doubt that my friend has a signal booster built in to his BMW, when he wanted to kill me for making him get his shiny car get muddy that day

Can you make it to this one?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone needs direction's, IM me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wouldn't doubt that my friend has a signal booster built in to his BMW, when he wanted to kill me for making him get his shiny car get muddy that day

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was muddy out there that day

I am sure I will get flamed for this but I am feeling wimpy with the cold lately  But, tonight I did go cycling down near the border.

So, I will check the forecast the week of the event and see if I am a wimp or a nut!

And, by the way, I have some once fired 300 Blackout brass for you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to try get the weekend off so I can make it.   I picked up some new stuff black friday and haven't had a chance to shoot yet.  A new rifle, new scope for the 308, some MOA targets including a mozambique style.   I'm looking forward to trying them out and hopefully getting some distance on the 308.  It's also suppressed which seems to make it popular when I take it shooting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am sure I will get flamed for this but I am feeling wimpy with the cold lately  But, tonight I did go cycling down near the border.

So, I will check the forecast the week of the event and see if I am a wimp or a nut!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appreciate that but...can I give it to someone at the shoot who needs it more than me? I traded that upper for a CQO, so no longer needed. I am however, suddenly in need of 10mm brass though as I have a G20 gen4 now. So far so good, she hasn't broken down on me like the gen2 an gen3 did
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Not sure if I can make it but will note my calendar for Jan 30 just in case. I hope to go and would like to see you guys. Alphabavo, you might want to add the date to the title or edit the first post of this thread, to indicate that the date is finalized.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm going to try get the weekend off so I can make it.   I picked up some new stuff black friday and haven't had a chance to shoot yet.  A new rifle, new scope for the 308, some MOA targets including a mozambique style.   I'm looking forward to trying them out and hopefully getting some distance on the 308.  It's also suppressed which seems to make it popular when I take it shooting.
View Quote

Hopefully you can. I'll be flying into PHX on the 30th. May be able to make it to the shoot on Sunday the 31st. Would be awesome.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hopefully you can. I'll be flying into PHX on the 30th. May be able to make it to the shoot on Sunday the 31st. Would be awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you moving to AZ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are you moving to AZ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you moving to AZ?

Don't let them New Jersey guys in!
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I was looking HARD at a half cord of wood today.

That plus the several dead and down trees on the hill behind the firing line MIGHT prove sufficient.
Anyone bringing a chainsaw?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I am really trying to see if I can make this. There are deer captures Feb 1st now..... Which means I should stay in Phx and do all  my homework so I can capture deer on Monday but still not 100% sure
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am really trying to see if I can make this. There are deer captures Feb 1st now..... Which means I should stay in Phx and do all  my homework so I can capture deer on Monday but still not 100% sure
View Quote
Arrive Friday, set up camp, shoot Saturday and leave that evening or Sunday morning back to Phoenix?

C'mon dude, make it to the shoot!
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Arrive Friday, set up camp, shoot Saturday and leave that evening or Sunday morning back to Phoenix?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This could be a possibility. I finish class in San Tan at 4pm on Friday so I would make it up late enough to want to pass out and be able to shoot Sat morning and stay for drinks that evening. Imma try! Also depends on if I have a new job or not

I highly suggest not doing full time work 200 miles away from where you go to school full time. It really becomes a serious drag.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm out for that weekend, I'll be taking my real estate classes-5 weekends of 10 hours a day. It will be worth it, I'm not complaining! I really wish I could have made it though. The offer stands on using my steel targets. Anyone going through Kingman on the way to the shoot that wants to use it for the weekend, just IM me. I hope you guys post some pictures and video so I can live vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn it!

You suck

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top