Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2015 1:11:28 PM EDT
I was given a WWII 20MM Ammo can by a neighbor and I have refinished it.  I just need to find a replacement Gasket for it.  

Is there a local business that can make a replacement Gasket for me?

Here is the link to mu thread in the C&R Forum and some photos of the finished product below.

C&R Thread

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No help on the gasket....

But I think you spelled "spray painted" wrong when you put "refinished"....

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, good one

Just in case you wanted a reason for eye Bleach...

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a large ammo can similar to yours except I believe it to be from a foreign military source.  I couldn't find a gasket so I went to Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember which) and bought some narrow foam weatherstrip material that fit into the gasket channel.  Its self adhesive on one side so it has worked out well.  Its not as water proof as a rubber gasket would be but the foam will keep moisture and dust out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top