Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 8:08:27 PM EDT
Howdy,

I recently moved here from Michigan and have a current (at least until I change my residence) MI CPL. Will Arizona's DPS accept a scanned copy of my MI CPL to waive the training requirement or do I need to send in the actual CPL with the application packet?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy! Here's what I found on the subject..
"I moved to Arizona and I have a CCW from my prior state of residence. How long before I have to get an Arizona CCW to carry legally in Arizona?
You may carry concealed utilizing another states permit as long as that permit is valid and in good standing. Once expired you may wish to obtain an Arizona CCW Permit. See additional information under the Reciprocity tab on this web site
."
From here..
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Questions/#22

Welcome to Arizona!
ETA -
Found this too..

"(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section."

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Did mine years ago when I moved from Ohio. I made a copy of my Ohio CCW, front and back, and I think my drivers license as well. Mailed it in, got my AZ carry license in the mail shortly after.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]
That is precisely how I got mine in 2011.  Kept the blue MI card until it expired last year.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Wonderful. Thanks for the information and the welcome.

It feels damn nice to be back out here, and this time for good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top