Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2015 12:39:53 AM EDT
I don't know how you all live here year round, I haven't been this hot since Baghdad, 2003 in the summer.

^^ But the difference between then and now? Back then I had a uniform and full battle rattle, today I was in shorts and a T
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't know how you all live here year round, I haven't been this hot since Baghdad, 2003 in the summer.

^^ But the difference between then and now? Back then I had a uniform and full battle rattle, today I was in shorts and a T
View Quote

Funny, I said the exact same thing 2 weekends ago when I was driving thru there with my son. Just when we stopped at the Frys for some gas and grub...the A/C in the truck died. Left there at 3:30 heading for Tucson with the windows down.
Fuck me it was a long, miserable ride home.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Go to Tacos Mi Rancho and have the Carne en su jugo...

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go to Tacos Mi Rancho and have the Carne en su jugo...

http://i57.tinypic.com/121bgpc.jpg
View Quote

Um.. what IS that?! Looks like my Taco Bell from earlier after it was..uh.. "processed."
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Mexican chili...

Mexican beef stew...

I really don't know...

It's a very hardy meal.....and if yer eating taco bell while yer in Yuma....yer doing ti wrong

Also hit Mr. Gs for some burritos...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Funny, I said the exact same thing 2 weekends ago when I was driving thru there with my son. Just when we stopped at the Frys for some gas and grub...the A/C in the truck died. Left there at 3:30 heading for Tucson with the windows down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No AC either? Going full circle, aren't we ?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a story that manny moons ago Yuma and Lake Havasu used to compete for the hottest place in Arizona. Then, suddenly, Havasu started being hotter consistently. It was discovered that, after the new airport terminal was built they put the thermometer on the shady side.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I work in here, but for the most part (thankfully) indoors.

Those poor bastards on the flight line sure earn their pay during the summer months; I often wonder how I used to manage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those poor bastards on the flight line sure earn their pay during the summer months; I often wonder how I used to manage.
View Quote
I'm here until Friday, know any decent spots? I was using the one near the VFW with the M60 out front. Trying to shoot precision on my mat with my friend went good until the overcast burnt away and we were getting cooked and were glistening.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm here until Friday, know any decent spots? I was using the one near the VFW with the M60 out front. Trying to shoot precision on my mat with my friend went good until the overcast burnt away and we were getting cooked and were glistening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine you're talking about Adair Range (north of the VFW a ways).  That's the default answer you'll get fo the most part.  However, it is the desert and there's lot's of space.  Though I'm not sure of the distance you're looking to shoot, if you look towards Dome Valley, ther's plenty of area to stretch the legs of your rifle(s).  Just me mindful of private property signage and your back drop.  

Also, if you go south of the base (i.e.) county 18th or 19th, there's a lot of area out there as well.  As for the heat/sun, wear a sombrero
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
It'd rough down here. I can't wait to be able to move north into higher elevation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It'd rough down here. I can't wait to be able to move north into higher elevation.
View Quote
Are your coworkers staying at the Microtel right now? If you're nearby, PM me dude.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I imagine you're talking about Adair Range (north of the VFW a ways).  That's the default answer you'll get fo the most part.  However, it is the desert and there's lot's of space.  Though I'm not sure of the distance you're looking to shoot, if you look towards Dome Valley, ther's plenty of area to stretch the legs of your rifle(s).  Just me mindful of private property signage and your back drop.  

Also, if you go south of the base (i.e.) county 18th or 19th, there's a lot of area out there as well.  As for the heat/sun, wear a sombrero
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking of hitting that wally world nearby to see if they had a sun shade for sale.

I've become such a pussy after retirement from the Army
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are your coworkers staying at the Microtel right now? If you're nearby, PM me dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am actually up in Phx for school right now. Tue-Thurs I am in Phx, then Yuma during Fri-Mon. How long you going be down there till?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am actually up in Phx for school right now. Tue-Thurs I am in Phx, then Yuma during Fri-Mon. How long you going be down there till?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
So a friend from California wants to hit Sprague's this afternoon for some binaries.

How bad is he going to get raped?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
hate that place....
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#18]
They've got 22 Automatch for 25 though. That's cheap in today's 22 price gouging's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I avoided that crisis seeing as I went nuts on WM bulk packs when they were under $10 per...

Probably could have sold it all and bought a 2014 Land Cruiser if I sold it all at the peak...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So a friend from California wants to hit Sprague's this afternoon for some binaries.

View Quote

I am shocked at the prices they have there. Besides the 22lr, I don't really like to go there except to look at the mounts and see if they have any used guns for decent price.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am shocked at the prices they have there. Besides the 22lr, I don't really like to go there except to look at the mounts and see if they have any used guns for decent price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, you'd be better off asking 11b or me to scout for you back in Prescott.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
Being from Cali, it won't be rape in his mind...

But everyone else will see it for what it is.  Spragues will go in dry...
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey GSL, missed your post and call, I was in the hospital in San Diego. Let me know next time you head down here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey GSL, missed your post and call, I was in the hospital in San Diego. Let me know next time you head down here.
View Quote
Possibly the week of the 19th, in October. It should be what, two degrees cooler than August?

Standby for a call.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
On an unrelated note, is the Territorial Prison museum any good?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:28:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are down here it's worth a visit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's worth a visit.
They have a decent museum and you get to see the cells.
The guard tower gives you a  good view of the Colorado River.
$6 admission.

http://www.yumaprison.org/
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

On the flight line wings are your friend ??
Had the soles of my boots get sticky more then once
Fuck YPG in the summer it gets dam hot but I would not trade my job for anything
But then again I work inside now

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top