Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2015 2:18:31 AM EDT
Went in looking for a  fridge and washer/dryer. Salesman immediately started the cheesy used car sales pitch. Told him my budget and he never was even close. Always tried selling me up and all the quotes were 300+ over budget.kept throwing offers like "well I can bundle this/that and add a promo code to that " and " well I just had a return on these from July sale, but wont last long". really? you have these since July and you think it wont last till tomorrow?

overall, terrible experience and felt like I was pressured to BUY BUY BUY. said no thanks and walked out. Went home and I google search a few items he showed me and found a few ALOT cheaper. guess ill be buying from several stores.

I found some damn good deals at the sears outlet in Tempe, but the reviews are HORRIBLE online. anyone have good experience with them . As far as i can see, the appliances still have same manf. warranty but i guess sears repair people suck ass

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a bad salesman. I had the exact opposite experiences when i go there.  Usually comparable prices to other local places.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the situation I came into when I went into a Radio Shack a few days ago....

"That speaker you're listening to is on sale for 40% off, blah blah blah..."

Then the guy has the nerve to keep bothering me when I went looking for what I needed.....

P.S.- How is radio shack still around?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like the situation I came into when I went into a Radio Shack a few days ago....

Then the guy has the nerve to keep bothering me when I went looking for what I needed.....

View Quote

Especially since most of their employees couldn't give any reasonable definition for "transistor"...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
sounds like a bad salesman. I had the exact opposite experiences when i go there.  Usually comparable prices to other local places.  
View Quote

Ditto.  I've given up on everyone else.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure they aren't around anymore...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went in looking for a  fridge and washer/dryer. Salesman immediately started the cheesy used car sales pitch. Told him my budget and he never was even close. Always tried selling me up and all the quotes were 300+ over budget.kept throwing offers like "well I can bundle this/that and add a promo code to that " and " well I just had a return on these from July sale, but wont last long". really? you have these since July and you think it wont last till tomorrow?

overall, terrible experience and felt like I was pressured to BUY BUY BUY. said no thanks and walked out. Went home and I google search a few items he showed me and found a few ALOT cheaper. guess ill be buying from several stores.

I found some damn good deals at the sears outlet in Tempe, but the reviews are HORRIBLE online. anyone have good experience with them . As far as i can see, the appliances still have same manf. warranty but i guess sears repair people suck ass

View Quote

I've bought from the Sears outlet three times so far, last week was the most recent. I haven't had any bad experiences.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
So got a fridge from frys electronics . Kick ass deal and warranty cheaper than anyone else in town . I'll wait for the washer dryer sales during Labor Day
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are, but Im sure they are owned by Sprint, since all the employees I saw were wearing sprint shirts....

They'll be done soon, especially with their new form of "customer service"

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Spencers = Bait/Switch plus super hard sell.  I seriously hate those F's.

If you are on the north side go to B&B on Dunlap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
We've bought from Lowe's several times now.  Dishwasher, garbage disposal and washer and dryer.  They price match, have lots of good brands, their website has customer reviews, etc, etc. And a good delivery and setup service.  We've never had a bad experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Best Home Appliance on Tatum and Bell.
Been going there a long time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We've bought from Lowe's several times now.  Dishwasher, garbage disposal and washer and dryer.  They price match, have lots of good brands, their website has customer reviews, etc, etc. And a good delivery and setup service.  We've never had a bad experience with them.
View Quote

Lol. If I told you about my experience with their install crew, you'd shit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I buy everything at Sears.  Went to Spencers, got the runaround as well, Sears had a WAY better selection and prices.  And got the warranty.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:52:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I had pretty good luck with home depot to be honest, free delivery and install, plus 25% off on the brand so everything in my house is LG right now.  My appliances are on the upper end too
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
We went to Home Depot and Lowes, picked out the models we wanted. Emailed Spenser's with the  model numbers and prices. They emailed me back a quote that was several hundred dollars cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I buy everything at Sears.  Went to Spencers, got the runaround as well, Sears had a WAY better selection and prices.  And got the warranty.  
View Quote

My last two came from Sears.  As much as I wanted to go to the Pacific Sales, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Sears still had the best deal and installed within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

We went to Home Depot and Lowes, picked out the models we wanted. Emailed Spenser's with the  model numbers and prices. They emailed me back a quote that was several hundred dollars cheaper.
View Quote

This is the way to do it.  I bought a tv through them, I got the Amazon price called and they beat it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Spencer's has treated us like gold, but salesmen drift from job to job, applying their skills and mindset to whatever they're selling this week. Our most recent purchase was a convection range that had been used in the Pillsbury Bake-Off. Spencer's had apparently bought all of them, and sold them for about 50% off list. Our salesman knew his stuff and guided us to the "Bake-Off" ranges even though they were $300 or so BELOW our price ceiling. The install crew was on time, polite, and efficient (though plugging in a range isn't much of a challenge). The dingbat from Lowe's who came to install our water heater, however......(((((shudder)))))
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top