BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As always , comments, feedback and general gripes are welcomed.

View Quote

Mark,

That was a great match, everything seemed to run pretty smoothly.The earlier start time was nice too. My only gripe is that you beat me by about 5 seconds overall.

-John
View Quote

Win some, lose some - even I get lucky on occasion lol.
I was surprised by the number of shooters in Armor Division and how close in standings we ended up.
A trend I hope to see continue.

Quoted:
Quoted:
As always , comments, feedback and general gripes are welcomed.

View Quote

I scored quite low, but very much enjoyed it, the stages looked far easier than they actually were (one-handed pistol looked incredibly simple - until I actually ran it). Fun match, great people! I've been at other matches where RO's were just getting off on their authoritah. None of that here, just professional behavior. Much appreciate that.
Complaint: If possible, it would be nice to break up the group into smaller squads so that you could have as many stages as possible running at the same time. You theoretically could've had the highpower, 2 pistol stages, and 1 of the smallbore stages all running at the same time. I'm thinking that would be a more efficient use of time and space. As it was, I had to skip one stage and leave early due to the events running longer than I expected.
Overall: Still very much enjoyed it, and should be back for the next one.
View Quote

Looks like Paul addressed this and we appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
2nd match was awesome! Loved the tire flip. Brought a buddy with me, he had a great time & wants to come out again.

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Next match is November 8th, 130pm sign in, 2pm safety brief and start time.  Gate closes at 2pm.

We again secured the High Power, small bore, and practical ranges.  Expect to shoot a little further then last month.
No capacity restrictions this month.

As always, we need volunteers to help with setup.  This starts at 1130am the day of the match. Setup volunteers shoot the match for free.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Next match is November 8th, 130pm sign in, 2pm safety brief and start time.  Gate closes at 2pm.

We again secured the High Power, small bore, and practical ranges.  Expect to shoot a little further then last month.
No capacity restrictions this month.

As always, we need volunteers to help with setup.  This starts at 1130am the day of the match. Setup volunteers shoot the match for free.
View Quote

I'll b there!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
One week away. The weather has finally cooled off. Expect the physicality of the match to ramp up!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Match is Sunday.

Sign in starts at 130pm, safety brief at 2pm.  Be signed in, and ready to go at 2pm.

Remember the main gate to the range will close at 2pm.

We have the High power, small bore, and practical ranges this month.  4 stages of awesome await you.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Match is Sunday.

Sign in starts at 130pm, safety brief at 2pm.  Be signed in, and ready to go at 2pm.

We have the High power, small bore, and practical ranges this month.  4 stages of awesome await you.
View Quote

Exact change appreciated.
$5 PRG members
$10 non members
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$5 PRG members
$10 non members
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Match is Sunday.

$5 PRG members
$10 non members

I forgot that part.  Guys it is near impossible for us to break $50 and $100 bills.  Please if at all possible brings $5's and $10's.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/november-2015/

November Scores are up on the 2GACM website.
Thank you all for coming out today, and for the smooth flow of this months match.

Big thank you to everyone who helped with tear down.
Even bigger thank you to the set up crew.

Hope to see you all back for the December match.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Next match is December 13th.

130pm sign in open. 2pm safety brief and squading. The main gate to the range closes at 2pm.

We have some really fun stages planned this month. No mag capacity restrictions this month. Be prepared to shoot both rifle and pistol on all the stages.

Please bring $5 and $10 bills if possible. Breaking $50 & $100 bills with the range til is mighty difficult. Exact change is much appreciated.

We have the high power range again and will continue with the extended distance shooting like the past few months.
Be prepared to run, crawl, jump, flip tires, carry kettlebells, and other such fun.

Hope to see you all in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
HUMP day bump.

Prepare yourselves for the Kettlebell fun we have planned
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you all for coming out today, hope everryone had a good time.

ETA:
those with a "500" for score. I did not have a score card for you for those stages.  We looked around but did not find em.  Sorry.

Please let Mark and I know your thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I echo what Paul said, thanks to everyone who came out.

What were your thoughts on the 3 stage format this month.?

The difficulty level of stage 1?

Tire flipping : more or less (distance/time)?

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Definitely one of the better matches I have attended and I didn't shoot particularly well.  Tire flipping was was easier that I thought it would be and I was gimpy.  Everyone in my squad made it between 20-27 seconds.

The stage design and walk through was far less complicated than the first match.  All three stages were winners.  Stage three was my favorite, on both bays.  Lots of people lost track of the target they were engaging on the right bays.

Making my video now, although it's profanity laced, which I generally don't like to post a ton of that.  Tough match for me personally, but great stages.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I echo what Paul said, thanks to everyone who came out.

What were your thoughts on the 3 stage format this month.?

The difficulty level of stage 1? If this was the "Long Range" 200 & 300 meter targets, then it was awesome! I sucked at it, but enjoyed the challenge. Would love to see more of these types of stages.

Tire flipping : more or less (distance/time)? I would vote for more distance like how the very first event you guys did with the kettle ball toss stage, or do some kind of combined transition from rifle to pistol shoot no shoot type stuff at the distance it was at.

View Quote

Overall great stuff! I'm learning, so I just plain suck! Right now with my really busy boring life, this is the only thing I look forward to each month with excitement.

Thanks to the all the persons envolved for putting these events on each month, I'm sure it's not an easy task, but I am grateful that you do. I'm also hoping at the end of next year to be able to help out more with set-up & anything else that could be needed for smooth running event. Just need to finish up with some other commitments before I can.

I would also like to vote for maybe a pistol / shotgun shoot. Same Ideas as the Halloween event, but with pistols involved.

Thanks again for a great time, see you guys next month!

ETA: edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Next match is January 10 2016

gate closes & shooter meeting at 1400.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Happy New Years from the Phx 2GACM crew.

Next match is January 10th.  130pm sign up, 2pm safety brief and squading. Reminder the gate to the range closes at 2pm.

We've secured the High Power, Small bore, and Practical bays again this month.

Please note you will need 3 rifle mags down loaded to 10rds each for stage one. No other mag capacity restrictions on the other stages.

Exact change is much appreciated. Please no $50 and $100 bills if possible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Fun match!
I was da sukk!
Thanks to everyone who helped out on squad 4.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Howdy all.

Scores will be up shortly.

We have two sets of scores to be posted.  First posted score is the altered score set, and here is the explanation for it.

Stage 1 was a bit ambitious with too short a PAR time. we have made the notes and will try harder in the future.
Stage 1:  We changed the penalty scores from miss and no hits on target to be all penalties scored as a miss.  This change altered the total time down for a lot of people.  Given only 5 people completed the stage under PAR time, this change really helped the people who simply ran out of time and didn't get to shoot at all the targets.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#22]
http://twogunaction.squarespace.com/january-2016/

http://twogunaction.squarespace.com/january-2016-fte/

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Next match is February 14th.

We have a very special stage planned in recognition of an event that happened in 1929.

Sign in starts at 130pm, 2pm is safety brief and squading.  The gate to the range closes at 2pm.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Howdy all.

We have two sets of scores to be posted.  First posted score is the altered score set, and here is the explanation for it.

Stage 1 was a bit ambitious with too short a PAR time. we have made the notes and will try harder in the future.
Stage 1:  We changed the penalty scores from miss and no hits on target to be all penalties scored as a miss.  This change altered the total time down for a lot of people.  Given only 5 people completed the stage under PAR time, this change really helped the people who simply ran out of time and didn't get to shoot at all the targets.

View Quote

Fun match, I will shoot it again.
New goal is overall win while wearing armor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy all.

February will be a great month for this challenge.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Howdy all.

Cool , we will look for you in the armor squad.
So that you guys and gals can still make the most of the evening for V day, we are running 3 stages for the 14th.

Until that day.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#27]
A weekend away from the February match.

130pm sign in, 2pm safety brief and squading.  The main gate to the range closes at 2pm.  Please come early enough to get signed in, geared up, and ready to go at 2pm.
Exact change is very much appreciated.  Breaking the $50 and $100 bills is mighty hard on the meager cash bag the range provides us.

Expect "3" stages for this month (what do the quote marks mean????).

One stage requires 3 rifle and 3 pistol mags loaded to 7rounds each.  Special stage for 1929 incident on V-day.
All other stages are regular/full capacity.

Gloves and knee pads are as always suggested.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Full auto Tommy gun???
Nahhh....can't be.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Full auto Tommy gun???
Nahhh....can't be.
View Quote

per club rules full auto is not allowed.  Besides we couldn't secure a Tommy gun either.

Gets back to the "loosely based" on theme
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#30]
To our faithful 2GAC Phx customers :

It is with deep sadness that this month's and all following matches are canceled per the club BoD new rule.
Centerfire rifles may only be shot on the High Power and Public Ranges until further notice.
View Quote

Once whatever issues are at hand that enabled this new rule get sorted out and rescinded, we will resume our regular match schedule.

In the meantime, we will gather at Pima Pistol on the 3d Saturday of the month.

Please spread the word with your friends.

Until that day

Mark & Paul

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Please note that this does not effect the Tucson division and we will be running our matches as normally scheduled.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Sad news, I was really hoping I could start making it to these matches. Hopefully things get cleared up and you guys get the green light to continue these matches.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sad news, I was really hoping I could start making it to these matches. Hopefully things get cleared up and you guys get the green light to continue these matches.
View Quote

This, I got all me stuff together to shoot and now sad news hurts mah feels....
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Take a moment and email the PRGC board of directors your thoughts on this.

Please be civil.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Please be civil.
View Quote

DONE. The email addresses of the President and BoD members can be found at the Phoenix Rod & Gun website.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

DONE. The email addresses of the President and BoD members can be found at the Phoenix Rod & Gun website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please be civil.

thanks for your support
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#38]
SOON...
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#39]
A friend and I are planning on making the trip from Phoenix for the Saturday match.

I look forward to missing targets!

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Nvm found the answer bummed about the PHX matches.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#41]
****NEW ANNOUNCEMENT TIME****

Due to the range limitations, we are going to run the March 13, 2016 match as 2GACM TACTICAL SHOTGUN/PISTOL.

Rules/Divisions will be posted to the 2GACM webpage, and facebook shortly.

Usual time: 130pm sign in, 2pm safety brief and walk through.  The gate to the range closes at 2pm.

NO SLUGS NEEDED OR ALLOWED.

Round counts.
Bring a minimum of 50 birdshot (#6 @1350FPS or slower or smaller shot, nothing special will be needed).
4 rounds of buckshot for an optional buckshot/pistol paper engagement.
100 rounds of pistol ammo.

Divisions:
Antique
Pump
Auto
Open

No limitations on ammo carrying devices. Be warned: BE PREPARED FOR CRAWLING, GOING PRONE, CLIMBING OVER THINGS, AND RUNNING (ALOT).
Speed tubes and magazine guns are Open only.  Twins/quads whatever are allowed in Pump, Auto, Open.

Slings are not required (we understand not every shotgun has provisions for a sling), however slings are allowed.

Ask any questions here or via email ( 2GACM.PHX @ GMAIL .COM )
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#42]
FYI, the "official" 2G-ACM Shotgun/Pistol rules are now posted here:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/shotgun-and-pistol-rules/
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#43]
COOL - are costumes optional?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Is it possible to make it thru a stage with only 6 rounds? I see you guys posted about using wheel guns. I never used my colt saa in a match before
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you wear it, they will come.

Quoted:
Is it possible to make it thru a stage with only 6 rounds? I see you guys posted about using wheel guns. I never used my colt saa in a match before

It is up to you to give it a try.  I foresee lots of shotgun reloading in your future if you do
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It is up to you to give it a try.  I foresee lots of shotgun reloading in your future if you do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will be using a Coach gun
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the spirit
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmmmmm.........

Now on the shotgun rules it says loaded to capacity? Does that mean i can put all 12 rounds into my nova or should i use the other nova without the extension?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm.........

Now on the shotgun rules it says loaded to capacity? Does that mean i can put all 12 rounds into my nova or should i use the other nova without the extension?
View Quote

Fully loaded means?

Fully loaded....

Bring whatcha want, and good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Clarification since the question keeps being asked via email.

PLEASE READ THE RULES.

There are no barrel length or mag tube length or capacity limitations for the shotgun in PUMP or AUTO divisions.  

A Kel-tec KSG with iron sights is PUMP division legal. Put a red dot on it and it is now an OPEN division gun.

Shotgun MUST start fully loaded. If you have a 15rd tube on your gun, you will load it to 15rds. If your gun works with those Aguila short shells and holds 20+ rounds, cool. Your shotgun only holds 5+1; well then, you can load more into the shotgun or transition to your pistol.

Shotgun MUST be retained when empty and transitioning to pistol. Slings are not required, but allowed.  There wont be any dump boxes for the PHX match.

180 with the empty shotgun will be enforced.  EMPTY or not, the shotgun CAN NOT break the 180...

Basically the full on 3gun gamer shotgun in pump or auto is fine.

Pick your poison, and good luck.

ETA:  costumes are allowed.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top