User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shotgun MUST be retained when empty and transitioning to pistol. Slings are not required, but allowed.  There wont be any dump boxes for the PHX match.

View Quote

As shooting a handgun one-handed sucks, it sounds like the most competitive approach would be either (1) drop the shotgun to a sling and keep fingers crossed the RO does not DQ you for inadvertent 180/sweeping, or (2) shoot the whole match with shotgun, leaving the pistol at home.

I really hope you will be able to add dump barrels/tables in the interest of everyone's safety. If not, can you publish the ammo count on the assumption that a competitor will elect to shoot the entire match with shotgun-only?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As shooting a handgun one-handed sucks, it sounds like the most competitive approach would be either (1) drop the shotgun to a sling and keep fingers crossed the RO does not DQ you for inadvertent 180/sweeping, or (2) shoot the whole match with shotgun, leaving the pistol at home.

I really hope you will be able to add dump barrels/tables in the interest of everyone's safety. If not, can you publish the ammo count on the assumption that a competitor will elect to shoot the entire match with shotgun-only?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shotgun MUST be retained when empty and transitioning to pistol. Slings are not required, but allowed.  There wont be any dump boxes for the PHX match.

A pistol is required.

Bring a minimum of 50 birdshot and 100 pistol (if you don't miss a lot, and don't transition a lot, you could cut the pistol ammo amount by half or more).
4 buckshot may be used as an option on one of the stages.

Without giving the match away, here is what to expect.
There are 4 stages, stage 1 requires a pistol only.  Stages 2 and 3 require the shotgun loaded at start and allows transition to pistol. Stage 4 is both guns and transitioning will not be available (ie the guns are staged and stationary).

Don't be dissuaded from participating.  Mark and I have worked long and hard on making a shotgun/pistol match possible.  SAFETY is our number ONE priority after fun.  Expect some interesting challenges for both the guns.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like I will be putting a sling on my shotgun and crossing my fingers on Stages 2 & 3 then
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It sounds like I will be putting a sling on my shotgun and crossing my fingers on Stages 2 & 3 then
View Quote

It's going to be fun. I assure you. You will have fun or else.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This might be a retarded question.....

You stated about the ability to have two SAA on your personal when shooting. Is there any rules that state the pistols must both be the same caliber (I know it would be preferred so no wrong ammo is put in the wrong gun), I was thinking about using my Colt SAA 45LC but my only other revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 Mag. I would only run one gun that would get reloaded and the other would just be for 6 shots and then re-holstered. I was just curious, always wanted to use my SAA in a match so figured this might be a good opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This might be a retarded question.....

You stated about the ability to have two SAA on your personal when shooting. Is there any rules that state the pistols must both be the same caliber (I know it would be preferred so no wrong ammo is put in the wrong gun), I was thinking about using my Colt SAA 45LC but my only other revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 Mag. I would only run one gun that would get reloaded and the other would just be for 6 shots and then re-holstered. I was just curious, always wanted to use my SAA in a match so figured this might be a good opportunity.
View Quote

This isn't a SASS match. Good to go with the two revo's you have asked about.

Make sure you have two safe holsters for the guns and make it happen.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Match is a little over a week away.

Should be a real hoot.

Small note: the range has been doing a lead reclamation project the past few weeks.  The practical bays are currently VERY dusty since the bay floor and berms have been turned up by machinery. Those with breathing problems might want to consider a dust mask or other means of reducing their intake of dust when breathing.

Otherwise, plan to get a little dirty this month.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Should be a real hoot.

Small note: the range has been doing a lead reclamation project the past few weeks.  The practical bays are currently VERY dusty since the bay floor and berms have been turned up by machinery. Those with breathing problems might want to consider a dust mask or other means of reducing their intake of dust when breathing.

View Quote

Well, obviously all stages should be done in MOPP 3 for dust reasons......

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be a real hoot.

Only if you wear armor too.  Then its a party.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Small update for Sunday's match.

There will be shotgun dump tables available for transitioning to pistol.  Slings aren't required, nor really needed.

Plan for an extended safety brief to cover the Shotgun/Pistol 2GACM rules and complete stage walk thru before we split into squads. Please take the time to read the shotgun/pistol 2GACM rules posted on the 2gunaction website.

Reminder the Gate to the Range closes at 2PM.  Please arrive at the range early enough to be paid and geared up ready to go before 2PM.  Exact change is always appreciated (sorry guys it is really difficult to break $50 and $100 bills with the meager cash till in the register).
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Scores are up.

http://twogunaction.squarespace.com/march-2016-shotgun-event/

Thank you all for coming out an playing yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Be advised, there will not be an April match.
We will resume again in May.
Please spread the word.

until that day - check your shot & slug patterns!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Next match is Sunday May 8th at 2pm.

This will continue the shotgun/pistol 2GACM format because of range restrictions.

Minimum rounds counts: (if you don't miss)
6 slugs
50 birdshot or buckshot or combo of both.
Bring at least 100rds of pistol for optional engagements.

I suggest bringing extra ammo, but it is up to the shooter how they solve the shooting problem.

For scoring on the stage 1: slug is a single hit on steel, and the pistol requires 4 hits.  The shotgun must start fully loaded and may be abandoned when empty.  There will be abandon areas designated.  No slings required, but are allowed.  Shooter must maintain the 180 even with an empty gun on sling.  
Slugs will only be required and allowed on stage 1.

The other stages will be birdshot, buckshot, and pistol.  Any combo of the above may be used to solve the shooting problem  Shotgun must start fully loaded and shot to empty before transitioning to pistol.

Please read the shotgun/pistol 2GACM rules before coming to the match.

Please bring exact change if possible.  No $50 and $100 bills if possible.  Match fee is $5 for members, and $10 for non-members.

Lastly...
Depending on turn the out, Mark and I will decide if the match will continue through the summer or take a break until it cools off.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Is PCC an option for future matches?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Already checked with practical leadership.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Apparently a PCC is considered a center fire rifle according to the Board of Directors.  Therefore it is not allowed to be fired on the small bore and practical bays.

Sorry guys, logic and reason are no longer in use.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Reminder that the match is this Sunday.

Sign in at 130 pm. Safety brief and squading at 2pm.

The gate to the range closes at 2pm.  Please be on site, paid/signed in, geared up, and ready to go at 2pm
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude is Mother's Day!! I can't attend darn it!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know right.

First it was Vday, now its Mday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know right.

In honor of Mother's day, all ladies shoot for free.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]
FYI from the range

the gate is closed because of summer hours (whatever)

We are here and the match is a go.

Mark or I are checking the gate every 15 minutes at the quarter hours and letting people in.  Please wait and we will come and let you in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#23]
After much discussion, Mark and I are going to suspend the match until further notice.

Hopefully the range will make the correct choices and once again allow rifle use on the small bore and practical bays.

Thank you all for coming out to the matches and we hope to see you all again in the future.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I echo what Paul says.

FYI
PRG does have several days this month that are scheduled for range/berm repair.
Hopefully a decision will be made soon on permitting cf rifle back on the SB & practical ranges.

Until that day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I know of another range that is still interested in hosting the match.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I know of another range that is still interested in hosting the match.
View Quote

I like the way you think!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#27]
for some of you guys that miss the PHX 2 GACM, the IDARM will have a bit of the flavor you're used to.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/600514_Cowtown_Independence_Day_Action_Rifle_Match___July_4.html
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top