Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/20/2015 11:23:28 AM EDT
Welcome to the official thread for the 2G-ACM PRGC match.

First match is Sept 13th, with a sign in time of 3pm.
Safety brief and squading at 345pm.  First shots at 4pm.
The gate to Phoenix Rod and Gun Club will be open from 3pm until 4pm.  Please don't be late.

Winter hours.  1pm sign up time, 2pm start time.  The front gate to PRGC closes at 2pm.

More information, rules, etc, here:
https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/2gACM

This FAQ should address any questions you have:
https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/can-i-shoot-this-match/

Please email any questions about the Phoenix match.  Otherwise ask here in this thread.
2GACM.PHX @ GMAIL.COM

Things to expect at the 2G-ACM PRGC match:
This will be a more physical match then other local club events.  You the shooter can expect to run, jump, stand, go prone, kneel, and get into as many weird or awkward shooting positions at every event.  Further we do some fun things like:  carry heavy objects, drag even heavier objects, do lots of par time stages were the targets hit count for bonus against the par time.  Everyone is welcome to come out and shoot with us.  If there is any challenge that you are unable to complete or do, just talk to one of the match officials and we will sort out a suitable alternative for you.

Unless otherwise noted, the Par time for all stages will be 120seconds.

Slings are not required on rifles, however they are advisable.  Please read the rules at the link above.
Big note: gear cannot be changed or altered during the course of the match.  This includes: altering the rifle or pistol in any way.  Altering your gear on your body in any way.  Simple put, what you start with is what you will carry or use on all stages.

Things to bring:
A good attitude
Eye and ear protection (this is mandatory and a club rule)
A rifle and pistol, or PCC (see rules and divisions)
Belt and holster (please no crossdraw or shoulder rigs)
at least 3 rifle and pistol mags.  More is fine.
200rds of rifle and pistol ammo (you will go home with ammo)
Water and snacks for your self
sunblock
elbow and knee pads are advisable (there will be no shooting mats provided, or allowed)
--plan to get dirty--

One last note specific to PRGC: full auto is not allowed at this range.  Sorry, it is a club rule we must follow.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Forgot something.

Match fees are $5 for PRGC members and $10 for non-members.  Cash only at this time.

Meet for sign in, safety brief, and squading in the practical bays under the shade.

If this will be your first match ever, please tell the match officials at sign in.

Please PM me with any questions.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
So is this going to be every 2nd sunday of the month?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is this going to be every 2nd sunday of the month?
View Quote

Schedule & range permitting, that is the plan.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Any idea on what the max distance is for rifle targets?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any idea on what the max distance is for rifle targets?
View Quote

This is being run by a different crew than us down at 2G-ACM south, however, PRGC affords the ability to have targets anywhere from 10 yards to 500.

I would guess that it will change per month just like at 2G-ACM south and that stage descriptions and general metadata like this will left for the shooter to find out about when they arrive.  :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Current max distance at PRGC is 500yards on the high power range.
Minimum distance is the minimum safe distance to shoot steel and to not be contact shooting the paper.

Shooters can expect to see longer distance stages at PRGC because we have the range capability to shoot longer distances.
We will do our best to make target presentation at longer ranges visible to all shooters regardless if they are shooting iron sights, red dots, or magnified optics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Gonna cover a few questions we have been receiving about the PRGC match.

1.  Muzzle brakes larger the 1" OD, and 2.3/4" in length are banned.  Simply put, it is for safety and so the props used do not get destroyed.  We will be shooting through small ports, and frankly a "tank brake" is not going to fit through, and worse, will damage the prop.  When firing from awkward positions and roll over prone, the tank brake tends to the throw rocks at the shooter and others.  Never mind the dust cloud it produces.  The faster split times a tank brake allow for will not win this match.

2.  Ghost/race holsters are specifically banned because of the physical nature of the match.  Per the rules the shooter must have the pistol on them during all stages even if the pistol is not being used.  An open front race holster also has a much higher tendency of having the pistol fall out.  Even a high quality retention holster can fail, but the race holsters have a higher fail rate when doing the running, jumping, up/down, climbing over props that is a part of what makes 2G-ACM what it is.

We do have a place for all shooters to come out and shoot with us.  These two pieces of gear are specifically banned for safety reasons.  If this is the only equipment you have to shoot with, please contact the match director by email and we will see about getting you a loaner holster or rifle to shoot the match with.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]
does that mean no suppressors?
View Quote

Suppressors are permitted no problem.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Does that mean no suppressors?
View Quote

This match is running under the same ruleset we've been using at the Tucson 2G-ACM match for quite a few years:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/divisions-and-equipment/

"Suppressors are allowed in all divisions."

I would recommend anyone coming to either match for the first time to familiarize themselves with the rules, divisions and our idiosyncrasies.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I missed it, but do you need to pre-register for the event ( Looking at going to the PHX match )

And, can you shoot steel cased ammo?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Show up on the day and register/pay at the event.

Steel case ammo is allowed.  However armor piercing, incendiary, tracer, and exploding ammo are all forbidden.  No black, red, or green tip ammo allowed.

Any one found to be using the above ammo will be given a match DQ and made to pay for any damaged targets.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Steel case ammo is allowed.  However armor piercing, incendiary, tracer, and exploding ammo are all forbidden.  No black, red, or green tip ammo allowed.

Most steel cased ammo, including Tula, has a projectile with a bimetal jacket - steel washed with copper (Hornady Steel Match ammo is a notable exception). It is not as hard as a tungsten penetrator, but is harder than gilding metal (conventional jacket). It will also spark more readily when hitting rocks (a fire risk if shots miss the berm and hit dry, rocky desert terrain). Most 3-Gun matches do NOT allow this ammo for the above reasons and because a magnet test is the only ready way to uncover penetrator core ammo. With this said, I believe the 2GACM folks down in Tucson DO allow steel jacketed ammo (others can confirm).

In the end, it is up to the range/Match Director to make the call on what they are willing to accept - their house, their rules.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Most steel cased ammo, including Tula, has a projectile with a bimetal jacket - steel washed with copper (Hornady Steel Match ammo is a notable exception). It is not as hard as a tungsten penetrator, but is harder than gilding metal (conventional jacket). It will also spark more readily when hitting rocks (a fire risk if shots miss the berm and hit dry, rocky desert terrain). Most 3-Gun matches do NOT allow this ammo for the above reasons and because a magnet test is the only ready way to uncover penetrator core ammo. With this said, I believe the 2GACM folks down in Tucson DO allow steel jacketed ammo (others can confirm).

In the end, it is up to the range/Match Director to make the call on what they are willing to accept - their house, their rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Given this is not a 3gun match, rather a tactical match, the use of the most common and cheapest ammo for the guys wanting to shoot there comblock guns will be allowed.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Those that are shooting a modern long gun; have 1 magazine loaded to 20 rds on hand.
We'll let you know where & why on the appropriate stage.
For those shooters with nostalgic taste, have extra ammunition on your person.

Until that day
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Given this is not a 3gun match, rather a tactical match, the use of the most common and cheapest ammo for the guys wanting to shoot there comblock guns will be allowed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the replies / answers. I think I will play it safe & just shoot an AR .
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Putting out a call for those who have expressed interest in helping with the match.

Anyone who would like to help with setup, please send an email to 2GACM.PHX @ GMAIL . COM
We will get you the info.

For everyone else, per weather predictions, bring lots of water.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#19]
9-13-2015 match news.

Bring lots of water, please stay hydrated.  Its gonna be a warm day.

Bring one rifle mag of 20rds for stage 2.  No other capacity limitations on other stages.

Slings are not required, but advisable.  Knee/elbow pads are not a bad idea either.
Reminder: shooters cannot reconfigure gear or weapons after the start of the match.  If you want knee/elbow pads, gloves on your person, or a sling on your rifle; have em on at the start of the match.

Looking for a really good turn out for this first match.

See you all on Sunday!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
9-13-2015 match news.

Bring lots of water, please stay hydrated.  Its gonna be a warm day.

Bring one rifle mag of 20rds for stage 2.  No other capacity limitations on other stages.

Slings are not required, but advisable.  Knee/elbow pads are not a bad idea either.
Reminder: shooters cannot reconfigure gear or weapons after the start of the match.  If you want knee/elbow pads, gloves on your person, or a sling on your rifle; have em on at the start of the match.

Looking for a really good turn out for this first match.

See you all on Sunday!
View Quote

In addition;

Please be on time.
The main gate will be only be open for a short time frame (1500-1600).

match fees:
$5 PRG members
$10 non members  
Exact change requested please.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Sand storms lol.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#22]
The inaugural 2G-ACM Phoenix division match is in the bag.

It is REALLY challenging and tiring to run these matches, so let's give a big round of applause to Paul and Mark for stepping up to this effort.

Scores are up!

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/september-2015/
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Finally home and wow was that difficult.
Thank you Tucson crew for making the trip and posting the scores for us.
Also a thank you to the working crew that helped Mark and I put this match on today.
Andy, Chris, and Ed. Thanks for the help setting up, and all the running done on stage 1-2.

I didnt help myself. For those who noticed my pronounced limp today. That was me breaking my little toe on my right foot early this morning. Oops.
Nothing like handicapping yourself for the first match.

I apologize to those of you who didn't get a chance to shoot stages 1-2 Sorry.
Your scores are listed as 500 each so you could still see your scores on the other stages.

Mark and I promise to do better at scheduling and flow next month. Expect an announcement with an earlier start time next month.

Thank you all and hope to see you next month.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Tough match.  Nice job, Paul.  I have a huge bruise on my right hip, presumably from dropping prone on a large rock.  It looks like I got hit by an MLB fastball.

Deleting Youtube link.  Will bump thread with new link when I get it fixed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Howdy all,

Please email us your feedback.

2gacm.phx   @   gmail    .com

Mark and I would really like to hear from you
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks! That was awesome!
I had a great time, and I am looking forward to more matches on the PHX side of town.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks to everyone that came out to set-up, participate and tear down.

Have good feedback but we are always open to more input from you, the customer.

Paul & I are already working on ideas for next month!

Until that day

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#28]
InRangeTV is going to have a full video with interviews and a discussion about the 2g-ACM concept soon.

This is just an outtake of my Stage 1/2 for those of you who are interested:

https://www.full30.com/video/ed3c346c83b359a1f2ad294d5dcffef9
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine finally uploaded.  My support hand shooting is really a problem, but there is something very wrong with that hand.  I may end up sitting Saturday out.  

http://youtu.be/M25__fxHH-Q
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#30]
October 11th is the next match.  New start time of 2pm.

We have moved to winter hours for the October match.

Safety and stage brief begins at 2pm.

We secured the High Power, Small Bore, and Practical bays for this match.  Max distance will be 200yards on high power.  We will do our best to make the targets iron sight friendly.

Thank you all for showing up last month.  Looking forward to seeing everyone back again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#31]
InRange coverage of the Inaugural match.

https://www.full30.com/video/58411dddc36ab00ebd0b733c186e7336

Ian, you have the bolt on an SMLE figured out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag for trying to make the next match...I'm really glad you guys started doing this up here in the valley. Can't wait to get into this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tag for trying to make the next match...I'm really glad you guys started doing this up here in the valley. Can't wait to get into this.
View Quote

Careful what you wish for! The match directors up here are JUST as evil as the ones down south!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Careful what you wish for! The match directors up here are JUST as evil as the ones down south!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so much evil, however Sadistic and Cruel come to mind.

Beware my post 666.  It'll be the final match posting the week before the match.  Mark and I got devious and have something very "interesting" planned.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow guys, that's pretty cool. Wish I was closer, I'd love to play. Is this going to be an ongoing thing? I ask because I'm moving about an hour and a half closer to Phoenix soon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Beware my post 666.  It'll be the final match posting the week before the match.  Mark and I got devious and have something very "interesting" planned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow guys, that's pretty cool. Wish I was closer, I'd love to play. Is this going to be an ongoing thing? I ask because I'm moving about an hour and a half closer to Phoenix soon.
View Quote

Currently scheduled for the 2nd Sunday afternoon of the month.  Next match is October 11th with sign up beginning at 1pm, safety brief and squading at 2pm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally posted by Henry David Thoreau
If misery loves company, misery has company enough.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally posted by Henry David Thoreau
If misery loves company, misery has company enough.

So true.

now try doing the match with a freshly broken little toe.  That running REALLY sucked.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#40]
We finally get a local match setup and a) it's on a Sunday, and b) all my monies go to flight expenses. Doh! It's progress, though! Maybe I can make a 2G match down in Tucson again sometime in the next year...
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#41]
InRangeTV has received a early production model Kel-Tec RDB Bullpup which we are going to bring to the October 11th Phoenix 2G-ACM match.

If you're willing to be filmed and interviewed, we're providing this rifle to anyone who wants to use it as their match rifle on our squad.

It's chambered in standard 5.56 and takes normal AR15 magazines, so far we've tested USGI, Magpul, Lancer, Tapco (Eww) and Surefire magazines without an issue.

Obviously we can only have a normal sized squad, so this will not be available to everyone.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Little over a week out.

For the October 11th match, please arrive early enough before 2pm to be signed in, geared up, and ready to go at 2pm.

The gate will close at 2pm...

This time around we are taking it up a notch.  Be prepared for 5 stages of awesome.  This will include the use of the High power range with distances of 200yards.  
Round count will be the usual.  Bring 200 rifle and 100 pistol (300 for PCC) and you will go home with ammo.
Note the Armored division rule update will be followed starting with this match.  Plates (front and rear) are required to be eligible for this division.

Thank you all for giving our match a try.  Hope to see the usual crowd plus some new faces.

Anyone wishing to help out (set up etc) please email us at [email protected].

Any questions etc, please IM or email me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Match is this Sunday afternoon.

Hope to see you all there.

For some alternative fun. At the end of the month we are running a shotgun only match

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/589405_no_more_teasing__HALLOWEEN_HORROR_SHOTGUN_MATCH_2015.html

This is filling up quick.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you all for coming out tonight. Decent turn out. I will say it ran a bunch smoother this time around.

Hope you all liked the tire flipping on stage 1.

Scores will be up soon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#45]
October 2015 Phoenix scores are up:

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/october-2015/
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
As always , comments, feedback and general gripes are welcomed.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mark,

That was a great match, everything seemed to run pretty smoothly.  The earlier start time was nice too.   My only gripe is that you beat me by about 5 seconds overall.

-John
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:02:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I scored quite low, but very much enjoyed it, the stages looked far easier than they actually were (one-handed pistol looked incredibly simple - until I actually ran it). Fun match, great people! I've been at other matches where RO's were just getting off on their authoritah. None of that here, just professional behavior. Much appreciate that.
Complaint: If possible, it would be nice to break up the group into smaller squads so that you could have as many stages as possible running at the same time. You theoretically could've had the highpower, 2 pistol stages, and 1 of the smallbore stages all running at the same time. I'm thinking that would be a more efficient use of time and space. As it was, I had to skip one stage and leave early due to the events running longer than I expected.
Overall: Still very much enjoyed it, and should be back for the next one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Complaint: If possible, it would be nice to break up the group into smaller squads so that you could have as many stages as possible running at the same time. You theoretically could've had the highpower, 2 pistol stages, and 1 of the smallbore stages all running at the same time. I'm thinking that would be a more efficient use of time and space. As it was, I had to skip one stage and leave early due to the events running longer than I expected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Valid complaint.  Here is the explanation of why we ran the stages in the order we did.

The range facility itself is our limiting factor.  The High power range has no lights and shuts down promptly at dark.  Small Bore and practical bays have lights. Nice yes, but the SB range only has lights at the front of the bay.  So again, at dark we have to shut down any stage in the dark area of the bay.  So we could get everyone through the HP and SB stages (stage 1 and 2) we split into two squads and got those stages completed well before dark.

We had planned to run a third squad if we had more shooters.  We felt with the 33 shooters we had that splitting would work, and it did for most shooters (sorry you had to leave early).

We also have one other limiting factor: only a few trained 2G-ACM RO's in PHX.  Currently Mark and I are the two with the most experience.  There are 6 other shooters we can lean on to help out too.  2 of those were absent this month, and the other 4 helped out in more ways then we can thank em.  We are hope to have a 2G-ACM RO training class set up soon (look for an announcement soon).

With this match, currently Mark and I are doing all the stage planning and set up.  Both months we had 3 helpers with setup.  If anyone would like to volunteer to set up, please email us at [email protected] for times and information.  Setup helpers shoot the match for free.

Hope to see you all at the HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOTGUN MATCH, and next months 2G-ACM PHX match November 8th
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Valid complaint.  Here is the explanation of why we ran the stages in the order we did.

The range facility itself is our limiting factor.  The High power range has no lights and shuts down promptly at dark.  Small Bore and practical bays have lights. Nice yes, but the SB range only has lights at the front of the bay.  So again, at dark we have to shut down any stage in the dark area of the bay.  So we could get everyone through the HP and SB stages (stage 1 and 2) we split into two squads and got those stages completed well before dark.

We had planned to run a third squad if we had more shooters.  We felt with the 33 shooters we had that splitting would work, and it did for most shooters (sorry you had to leave early).

We also have one other limiting factor: only a few trained 2G-ACM RO's in PHX.  Currently Mark and I are the two with the most experience.  There are 6 other shooters we can lean on to help out too.  2 of those were absent this month, and the other 4 helped out in more ways then we can thank em.  We are hope to have a 2G-ACM RO training class set up soon (look for an announcement soon).

With this match, currently Mark and I are doing all the stage planning and set up.  Both months we had 3 helpers with setup.  If anyone would like to volunteer to set up, please email us at [email protected] for times and information.  Setup helpers shoot the match for free.

Hope to see you all at the HALLOWEEN HORROR SHOTGUN MATCH, and next months 2G-ACM PHX match November 8th
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appreciate the response! I figured a lack of RO's was part of the problem (and you always want to have plenty of safety guys on hand). I very much appreciate your willingness to setup and run these events, and I am hoping to attend the Halloween shotgun match.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top