User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honestly, they will give you a hard time if you AREN'T armed in some areas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys, I'm moving to Flagstaff, should arrive about mid October.

I've tried to google the laws about uncased long guns in a vehicle in AZ, but no dice.

Thanks.

Um... you see, you can't find the laws because we don't have any.  

Loaded uncased and on the seat next to you is perfectly legal.
Not even the border patrol cares in this state, so long as you don't go "Si" when they ask if you're an American

I don't go anywhere completely unarmed, but here it's tough to roll around PROPERLY armed, because of the gun laws. ( we finally got CCW in 2011)

My Wisconsin permit is only good until 2016, so I'll probably Get my AZ permit, so I can carry while visiting places like UT and NM. I'd like to see some of the Anasazi ruins in NM especially.

Just a little over a month, and I will be hitting the road.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't go anywhere completely unarmed, but here it's tough to roll around PROPERLY armed, because of the gun laws. ( we finally got CCW in 2011)

My Wisconsin permit is only good until 2016, so I'll probably Get my AZ permit, so I can carry while visiting places like UT and NM. I'd like to see some of the Anasazi ruins in NM especially.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried to google the laws about uncased long guns in a vehicle in AZ, but no dice.

Thanks.

Not even the border patrol cares in this state, so long as you don't go "Si" when they ask if you're an American

Give me a holler when your here, do you have a place already picked out to live already?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
No, not really, just the Prescott area. (wherever I find a good place to rent)

I'll just put my  stuff in storage right away, while I look for a place. I'll probably stay at a motel or camp out until I find a place.

Monday I'm going to call these guys AAA-Xtra Space Storage and see if I can get a 10x15 rented, to put my trailer and motorbike in.

I should be able to make it to your birthday shoot too, so that will be cool.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No, not really, just the Prescott area. (wherever I find a good place to rent)

I'll just put my  stuff in storage right away, while I look for a place. I'll probably stay at a motel or camp out until I find a place.

Monday I'm going to call these guys AAA-Xtra Space Storage and see if I can get a 10x15 rented, to put my trailer and motorbike in.

I should be able to make it to your birthday shoot too, so that will be cool.
View Quote
Talk to Rob, tell him Adam sent you.

(I get no commission )

http://www.willowridgerentals.com/
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just don't get sideways with the Game and Fish dept....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Just don't get sideways with the Game and Fish dept....  

They're hit or miss. Now, BLM...

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Talk about a streak of bad luck. The motor on my first truck blew up as soon as I hit the interstate in Wisconsin, barely got the truck and trailer back home. Unpacked almost everything looking for the title, sold it for a quick $500.

Found out uhaul wanted $2100 for the smallest cube truck they had, so I bought a beater 2000 Ranger, and did a little work to it. Left again Friday around noon, made it to the panhandle of Oklahoma in one shot. Left OK Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon I was on I40 going through Gallup NM, and I had a brand new camper trailer in front of me lose it's spare tire. I had traffic on one side and guardrail on the other. So I ended up running it over.

It broke my rear brake lines, one leaf spring, one seal on the rear axle, rear bumper, and caught on the underside of my trailer so bad it just about turned it inside out. The trailer is a total loss. I'll have to go to Tractor Supply and just buy another one I guess.

So I've been stuck in a motel in Gallup all this time, waiting for my truck to get fixed.

Other than that everything's going well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Talk about a streak of bad luck. The motor on my first truck blew up as soon as I hit the interstate in Wisconsin, barely got the truck and trailer back home. Unpacked almost everything looking for the title, sold it for a quick $500.

Found out uhaul wanted $2100 for the smallest cube truck they had, so I bought a beater 2000 Ranger, and did a little work to it. Left again Friday around noon, made it to the panhandle of Oklahoma in one shot. Left OK Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon I was on I40 going through Gallup NM, and I had a brand new camper trailer in front of me lose it's spare tire. I had traffic on one side and guardrail on the other. So I ended up running it over.

It broke my rear brake lines, one leaf spring, one seal on the rear axle, rear bumper, and caught on the underside of my trailer so bad it just about turned it inside out. The trailer is a total loss. I'll have to go to Tractor Supply and just buy another one I guess.

So I've been stuck in a motel in Gallup all this time, waiting for my truck to get fixed.

Other than that everything's going well.
View Quote

Does their insurance cover you or are you SOL? Ive always wondered about an incident like that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
So this is the "Bust" part I take it?

I was wondering about you, if you changed your mind, went dark and gave up on the internet or just arf alone
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been pretty busy getting everything ready to go, so I haven't been around much, plus I don't have a computer anymore, just my phone.

About the spare tire guy and his insurance, he probably never knew it happened. ( it was a camper trailer) He never stopped, and at 70 mph just trying to get out of traffic, I never had a chance to get the plate number.

Funny thing happened though, somebody came along and swiped the spare.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go to Wal Mart and buy a black sheet.  Very cheap.  Cover your goods with it.  From the outside through tinted windows, you look like you have nothing.
View Quote

I saw a thread (maybe on this site?) a couple of years ago. Guy had an old tarp he hot-glued a bunch of crap to.... soda cans, coffee cups, crumpled-up fast food bags, etc. Kind of like a ghillie suit for the landfill.

He'd throw it over the load of guns in the back when he went shooting. Made the cargo area of his SUV look like it was full of trash, lol.

ETA: Just saw your update. That sucks. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I finally escaped from Gallup. Went through a gnarley hail storm before Flagstaff, and arrived in Prescott within the last hour.

I doubt it, but hopefully some of the storage unit businesses around town are open Sunday. Otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday to get this truck and trailer unloaded. That's the first order of business.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats on getting out here! Sounds like you were pretty determined.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Congrats on getting out here! Sounds like you were pretty determined.
View Quote
Amen to that.

OP, come send me a PM when you get the chance, let's burn some ammo and celebrate with a bang your first tastes of freedom.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Well guys, I got a storage unit, got the truck and trailer unloaded Sunday. Today I got the trailer sold on craigslist. And I got a room rented in a house on a nice property. After everything that's happened I'm getting pretty low on cash, so I might end up selling a few things off while I find some work.

But I don't have any bills to pay for a month, so I should do alright.

Edit, if anybody knows anyone who needs painters in the area please let me know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on the move. Welcome to AZ, brother.

My wife and I moved down here a couple weeks ago and we're about to close on a house and start new jobs. I don't know about your area, but there are plenty of jobs of all kinds to be had in the PHX area.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks to everybody for the welcome.

I know there's a lot of work down near Phoenix lew, but I'm pretty much committed for good or bad to Prescott. I drummed up a few things to look into this week. Besides, the heat and congestion in the city might not be so good for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well guys, I got a storage unit, got the truck and trailer unloaded Sunday. Today I got the trailer sold on craigslist. And I got a room rented in a house on a nice property. After everything that's happened I'm getting pretty low on cash, so I might end up selling a few things off while I find some work.

But I don't have any bills to pay for a month, so I should do alright.

Edit, if anybody knows anyone who needs painters in the area please let me know.
View Quote

I can't help you right now but come tax returns I will need my house painted. I will keep you in mind if you don't mind driving down to phx. i had a delivery up to Prescott today on Cortez street. I need to move up. There... Best of luck.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top