Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2015 10:39:46 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm moving to Flagstaff, should arrive about mid October.

I've tried to google the laws about uncased long guns in a vehicle in AZ, but no dice.

I was wondering if uncased and loaded long guns are illegal in AZ. (they are in WI)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not illegal here.
Hell, get you a rifle rack and fly your loaded AR with pride!
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]

It's all good here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm really going to like Arizona.

Thanks guys.

ETA  I might have to SBR my AMD65, just to have a super short, fun, truck gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
i often have an ar chambered in the front seat and a pile of loaded guns in the back seat if im headed out shooting.  No fucks givin no laws broken.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 3:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
SBR in the front, locked and loaded and no laws being broke as Victor just said

Hell, holstered to the car BU in the front along with my EDC on my person...life is good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i often have an ar chambered in the front seat and a pile of loaded guns in the back seat if im headed out shooting.  No fucks givin no laws broken.
View Quote

That is what I do when heading out to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't wait to get out there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

You will love it, I moved Here from Mn and remember thinking wow they let people do that (insert gun freedom) here?  Now when I go back all I can think about are the bullshit freedom restricting laws.  

Pile as many guns in your front seat as you like, it's liberating.

Edit: Sorry about the hippy population in Flag.. They are hard to convert..

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
No problem with a long gun in your vehicle ,but I would keep it hidden from view ,or your vehicle will get broken into and the weapon stolen .
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to Wal Mart and buy a black sheet.  Very cheap.  Cover your goods with it.  From the outside through tinted windows, you look like you have nothing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You will love it, I moved Here from Mn and remember thinking wow they let people do that (insert gun freedom) here?  Now when I go back all I can think about are the bullshit freedom restricting laws.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as they don't give me some bogus argument against self defense, I won't pee in their granola.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#12]
While we are on the subject, what do you guys think about living in the Flagstaff area in general?

There seems to be alot of good places to camp / hike / shoot / offroad (I have a dr650 right now) in the area.

I have a job interview that seems pretty promising once I arrive, and I have some money put away if I don't get a job right off the bat. (so I'm good on that end for now)
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
While we are on the subject, what do you guys think about living in the Flagstaff area in general?

There seems to be alot of good places to camp / hike / shoot / offroad (I have a dr650 right now) in the area.

I have a job interview that seems pretty promising once I arrive, and I have some money put away if I don't get a job right off the bat. (so I'm good on that end for now)
View Quote

As discussed in the other Flagstaff thread, the housing situation sucks.  There aren't many rental opportunities and under 300k doesn't buy much.  

There is a lot of outdoors stuff to do, which is great.  However wages tend to be lower than the Phoenix area and the cost of living is higher in Flag.  I believe it was someone here that called the area "poverty with a view" which I found to be fairly accurate.  Flag in general is also pretty anti growth, so that keeps out a lot of new businesses and jobs from coming to town.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This shocked me, I was not expecting this may hippies. I stayed in downtown Flag last week, it felt like the bay area. If we can't convert them, at least we can dilute the population.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This shocked me, I was not expecting this may hippies. I stayed in downtown Flag last week, it felt like the bay area. If we can't convert them, at least we can dilute the population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you guys are making me nervous. Last time I was in Flagstaff, was briefly in 2004.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you seen the bike nazi's yet?

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I was going to move to Prescott, but it seems like I would have an easier time making money in a little bigger town. (I heard getting work is pretty tough around Prescott)

Really, I just want to get my foot in the door in Arizona, someplace where it isn't so hot. I can always pick up and go to a different area, if I don't like Flagstaff.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now you guys are making me nervous. Last time I was in Flagstaff, was briefly in 2004.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No hippies down in Prescott
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was going to move to Prescott, but it seems like I would have an easier time making money in a little bigger town. (I heard getting work is pretty tough around Prescott)

Really, I just want to get my foot in the door in Arizona, someplace where it isn't so hot. I can always pick up and go to a different area, if I don't like Flagstaff.
View Quote

Most of the money and the jobs in AZ are in the Phoenix area.  Tucson is second and Yuma is probably third as economies go.  All are hot as hell.  The Northern part of the state doesn't have a great economy anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

What type of work do you do?  Given the choice I would personally pick Prescott over flag assuming you can find work.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Flagstaff is a fun place to enjoy the outdoors.  I do not live there, but I did graduate from NAU.  I also vacation in the area every few years.

OP, what kind of work do you do?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been a painter since 1995, I usually have a regular job, and do work for myself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#23]
If you include Prescott Valley, the population in the Prescott area is larger than Flagstaff.  Flag is nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.  Prescott area is nicer.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Flag is awesome, But I rather live in the Prescott area. That is where I am trying to get work. Prescott area or Payson.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you include Prescott Valley, the population in the Prescott area is larger than Flagstaff.  Flag is nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.  Prescott area is nicer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know why, I must have misread something, I thought Prescott was smaller than it actually is. It may be a better option all the way around.

Is it any easier to find a rental in Prescott than Flagstaff?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't know why, I must have misread something, I thought Prescott was smaller than it actually is. It may be a better option all the way around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, way easier. The local area has Paulden, Chino Valley, Prescott itself, Prescott Valley, Jerome...and possibly Wilhoit all close together.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've tried to google the laws about uncased long guns in a vehicle in AZ, but no dice.

I was wondering if uncased and loaded long guns are illegal in AZ. (they are in WI)

Thanks.
View Quote

Illegal? Brother, I think you're going to like AZ. I'm seriously trying to think of anything that's illegal on the state level involving firearms and am drawing a blank.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Illegal? Brother, I think you're going to like AZ. I'm seriously trying to think of anything that's illegal on the state level involving firearms and am drawing a blank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

That's good to hear. I heard they stop you at the state border, and pass out guns and ammo.

Man, I'm really getting excited. I've been making some big progress, as far as getting my affairs in order here. I'm starting to have trouble sleeping, from anticipation.

I think AZ will be a much better place for me than WI. AZ is pretty much geared for everything I like to do. Plus there's so many more places, and so much more room, to do them.

I've been studying my new AZ gazetteer, this is gonna be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's good to hear. I heard they stop you at the state border, and pass out guns and ammo.

Man, I'm really getting excited. I've been making some big progress, as far as getting my affairs in order here. I'm starting to have trouble sleeping, from anticipation.

I think AZ will be a much better place for me than WI. AZ is pretty much geared for everything I like to do. Plus there's so many more places, and so much more room, to do them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

If you're going to do the Prescott area, give me a holler. Lots and lots of places to shoot and get your precision on.

This was from today with another arf brother local to me:

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you're going to do the Prescott area, give me a holler. Lots and lots of places to shoot and get your precision on.

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/11885383_10207715276264167_5979952951282380562_n_zpsvmtzgabk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/11885383_10207715276264167_5979952951282380562_n_zpsvmtzgabk.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/11885383_10207715276264167_5979952951282380562_n_zpsvmtzgabk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/11885383_10207715276264167_5979952951282380562_n_zpsvmtzgabk.jpg</a>

Thanks so much for the offer. I think I'm gonna give Prescott a go. (instead of Flagstaff)

I'll update the thread, and keep you guys in the loop, and take you up on your offer GSL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:44:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Mid October ETA? Going to organize a long range shoot and maybe some pistols around that time frame, partial celebration of my birthday and it's looking around 24 October to be the date.

Send me a PM when you get here, or need some questions answered.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, my last day at my job will probably be Sept 30 (I might work the last 2 days of that week, because the 30th is a Wed.)

I imagine I'll head out there within a week from then. (I shouldn't have to do much by then besides load up my truck and trailer, change my oil...stuff like that)
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

I grew up in MN (land of 10,000 laws), only think I miss is the over the counter deer tags.  Damn lottery system here keeps leaving me out.  Other than that AZ is better in every way, couldn't pay me enough to move back there.

Congrats on making the move, its not always easy but it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I grew up in MN (land of 10,000 laws), only think I miss is the over the counter deer tags.  Damn lottery system here keeps leaving me out.  Other than that AZ is better in every way, couldn't pay me enough to move back there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Thanks bro.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Just to tease Billy_Dee some more, today was a .22LR day in the Prescott Forrest:

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just to tease Billy_Dee some more, today was a .22LR day in the Prescott Forrest:

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/20140831_092648_zpsqjjwd2xq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/20140831_092648_zpsqjjwd2xq.jpg</a>

View Quote

I see how you are
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/20140831_092648_zpsqjjwd2xq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/20140831_092648_zpsqjjwd2xq.jpg</a>

View Quote

That spot looks, familiar.
Needs more silencer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Needs more silencer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs more silencer.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Flagstaff is cool...except for the flaggets  (flagstaffians)
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look again around Prescott College. Fortunatel they don't seem to spread themselves around.

Local paper: http://dcourier.com/

Breakfast: http://www.thelonespur.com/      https://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN71x681694&id=YN71x681694&q=Gabby's+Kitchen+Chino+Valley+AZ&name=Gabby's+Kitchen&cp=34.7126~-112.4526&qpvt=gabby's+chino+valley+az

Lunch/dinner: http://steaksaz.com/     http://www.murphysprescott.com/

BARBEQUE: http://bigdaddyes.com/

This should hold you over until you're settled.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I avoid that side of town when possible
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#43]
I live in the Doney Park area not the Peoples Republic of Flagstaff itself and there are more like minded people here than in town.  I teach at NAU for now and the student body is not all liberals, just most of the old hippie types in town.  That said the FPD is pretty cool about personal firearm ownership, at the citizens academy we go to shoot the cops guns for the day.  I had a Coconino County sheriff drive up in the forest one day and started to shoot the bull.  It was an area deputies would go to check out the service weapons (and leave the brass ).  I learned about extended bolt latches for AR's from him.

Just go to town for lunch and beer and live in the outskirts.  Come out to the range east of town and meet some of the local shooters

There are lower price areas like Williams and Bellemont as well as Doney Park.  Flag itself is for the well to do.

The solution to (hippie) pollution is dilution.  Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Prescott is a great place.  All through the summer, there is something going on in the Square.  It really feels like a small town.Some good dining, LOTS of places to shoot, lots of trails, biking, hiking.  Just a nice friendly little town.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#45]
As a painter you have a skilled trade. You probably could find work in Prescott. It's the unskilled that have a problem finding jobs. Prescott is also known as a retirement town. It seems to me that a residential painting business has a better chance of succeeding than others. Arizonans do hate to part with their money though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the info and encouragement guys.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:31:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote

Um... you see, you can't find the laws because we don't have any.  

Loaded uncased and on the seat next to you is perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:37:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Not even the border patrol cares in this state, so long as you don't go "Si" when they ask if you're an American
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not even the border patrol cares in this state, so long as you don't go "Si" when they ask if you're an American
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Honestly, they will give you a hard time if you AREN'T armed in some areas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Just don't get sideways with the Game and Fish dept....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top