Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2015 7:00:20 PM EDT
I know you cant get blood from a stone but...
If a person has an assault charge in 2013 and a pending fine of $190 and a shoppifting charge in 2015 of and pending fine of $370 and hasn't paid child support since 2011 and has 3 contempt findings against them on the failure to pay child support, at what point does something along the line of a punishment occur?  

I had no idea that the law had no teeth
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Usually within a certain amount of time with no child support paid, a warrant will be issued for their arrest. Honestly I cannot recall what that period of time of no child support paid is, but I believe every time it is not paid you need to lodge a complaint. Bureaucracy is frustrating as all hell.

ETA: here you go Az Child Support Enforcement
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
They may or may not have a warrant.

LE may or may not ever contact them and discover the warrant.

Regardless, it sounds like you may or may not have a personal problem with somebody, and are now mad that the man isn't holding them down....
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They may or may not have a warrant.

LE may or may not ever contact them and discover the warrant.

Regardless, it sounds like you may or may not have a personal problem with somebody, and are now mad that the man isn't holding them down....
View Quote

I wont deny that, not down, accountable
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
None of that is really for Cops to answer.
Those are matters between the defendant and the court.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
As someone else already said, there is probably a good chance said person already has a warrant for their arrest. The real world isn't like TV, if there even is a warrant the cops aren't going to go raid their house unless it's a high level narcotics/firearms/money laundering/etc sort of thing. Eventually if they get pulled over or have some other contact with LE then the warrant would be discovered during records checks.

edit: Very sound advice to be lodging complaints each time, there needs to be records, the only thing automatic in the government is the issuance of welfare.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a lwyer on it and am doing the family court stuff, it just get discouraging when some one doing the wrong thing always seems to get away with a scolding.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]

The child support is mostly likely get him a warrant.

The fines may either get him a failure to pay warrant (13-810.  Consequences of nonpayment of fines,                 fees, restitution or incarceration costs), a new misdemeanor charge or they may just reduce all unpaid fines/fees to a judgment.  Theoretically a person could be placed in jail over unpaid fines, but that strikes most as a little too close to "debtor's prisons" and doesn't happen very often.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
There are over 50,000 outstanding warrants for residents in Maricopa County alone.  So unless they are a serious felon that is a threat to the community, usually the fugitive teams from the various city, county, state and federal agencies and/or task forces are not looking.   Unless said turd gets pulled over for a traffic stop, does something dumb to warrant contact from the police, or some concerned citizen points him out to a LEO , he is going to continue to have said warrants.

As said above, unless a complaint is filed on the unpaid child support, nothing gets triggered if he doesn't pay.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top