Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
BACKPAGE HAS BUT ARMSLIST HAS SOME REALLY SUSPICIOUS PRICES. ANY ONE USE ARMSLIST?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
every time I find a deal on armslist, I do google image search and find out its a scam..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I was afraid of
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never made an inquiry on Armslist that didn't come back sketch.  I gave up on it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used Armslist several times and find it very legit.  Even meet a police officer selling a personal weapon one time.  And you can find some smoking deals if you are willing to haggle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used Armslist several times and find it very legit.  Even meet a police officer selling a personal weapon one time.  And you can find some smoking deals if you are willing to haggle.
View Quote

Same here... I have found it to be more legit with less flakes than BP. Never dealt with dealers, only private sales and all went smoooooth.....unlike BP
Only down fall  I see is a lot less volume of traffic.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I still remember when backpage was "new" enough that not alot of people knew about it.  they had some AWESOME deals from people on there.  But after sandi hook, it went full
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I gave up on both. I sell everything on the EE or AZS now. Takes a bit longer but way less weirdos encountered. Not that some of y'all ain't weirdos, but mostly the kind of weirdos I'd kick back a beer with, rather than desire to cattleprod in the face.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Sometimes Armslist, sometimes Backpage, but always my caps lock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd only do FTF with either of those and then only after checking out the seller/ad.  GB and various forums (including ARF) are the only place I'd do a ship to me from.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Backpage really needs add title search option or add more folders.   So much dealer spam on there.  And then all the derps who list every firearm related key word known to man in there listing.

I was looking for a Colt Python, but because you so graciously added those words to your listing for a Jimenez .25 auto, hmmm...    I think I shall reconsider my need for a Python and buy your guy instead, thank you good sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top