Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/21/2015 11:27:51 AM EDT
JeredMD and Tasty_Chicken where the only 2 people interested in the idea of the free course but maybe I went about it wrong since I posted the idea inside the AAR thread. I want to make this available to all those interested in the precision rifle meets and open up the realm of precision reloading for your equipment. Whether you're buying a new press and need setup help or already have a press and need a walkthrough, I hope to cover all bases. I want to throw the date on the first week of August but can adjust to fit the majority of those willing to attend. I teach progressive and single stage, so whatever you have, or want to attempt, I can help.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm always interested to learn more. I probably can't do a weekend, though, and the first week of August I am unavailable.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
This is an invaluable opportunity guys, I wish this was available a few of years ago when I had to learn it on my own.  Jump on it!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Where would the course be?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Haven't decided that yet. I know most of you guys are in Phoenix and can accommodate but I would need a bench and a place to host the class. If someone is willing to suggest a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Haven't decided that yet. I know most of you guys are in Phoenix and can accommodate but I would need a bench and a place to host the class. If someone is willing to suggest a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Peoria and will volunteer my house?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he can show you how to use your press, LOL

ETA:  If this turns into something biggish, we can use my shop on the weekends.  Its swamp cooled though, so understand it's 85ish degrees in there at best.  But, I have lots of room and a 30' table.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA:  If this turns into something biggish, we can use my shop on the weekends.  Its swamp cooled though, so understand it's 85ish degrees in there at best.  But, I have lots of room and a 30' table.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either place will work and thank you for allowing us the presence of your home/business. I need actual attendees to sound off, so please IM/email me or just post to the thread. You don't need a press to attend but bring pen and paper to take detailed notes. However, a cheap 30 dollar press is still very capable of reloading 50-100 rounds for your rifle.

ETA: The date I threw is just a suggestion and I can move it around to better fit the majority of those who want to attend. I live in Prescott Valley, so those of you in the neighborhood, I can make local accommodations.

Also, seeing as we'd be very close to Cow Town, I can ask Glen to see if he'll let us use the range to test and gather accuracy data. At the minimum, I hope to see everyone walk out with at least 50 rounds a piece, using a variety of powder and bullet weights.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Mark me down for attending. If during the week would have to be evening for me. But I hope to be able to swing a day off or something.

Oh, and Raged I've been loading on that for a few months now.
Need more Dillon things for different calibers though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm interested. Just need to know time and place and will try and make it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm interested in and may have a buddy in for it, but not sure when he will be in town.  I will send this to him as well.

Also in the original thread I put in a bunch of idea's for classes/stuff that people need to understand and often need help with.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't had any input on a date but it has to be within the first or second week of August at the latest (my kids are starting school). I'll shift fire to accommodate the majority of those willing to participate.

It should go without saying that I'm not a cash tree and I'm not supplying everyone with their components. My intent is to teach those who attended the 1 day precision rifle course or those willing to attend the rifle meets. These attendees, Cory's and Glen's generosity gave the group steel targets to enjoy shooting at whenever we host these meets. If you don't fall into either of these groups, I ask that a small donation be made to the class. This donation will go into purchasing additional targets and equipment.

As far as components go: If everyone chips in, it wouldn't cost a whole lot to get components in bulk and make it so that everyone walks out with ammunition to shoot. Brass is left behind by a lot of shooters and unless you have a 1 mile rifle, there isn't a need for Lapua brass. Stay away from NATO brass, as it's thicker walls reduce powder volume.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I shot an IM to 11Bravo.

My space is available any weekend except August 15/16th (hunter ed class for my kids).  I am near the 51 and Greenway.

You guys pick a day and I'll make it happen.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I haven't had any input on a date but it has to be within the first or second week of August at the latest (my kids are starting school). I'll shift fire to accommodate the majority of those willing to participate.

It should go without saying that I'm not a cash tree and I'm not supplying everyone with their components. My intent is to teach those who attended the 1 day precision rifle course or those willing to attend the rifle meets. These attendees, Cory's and Glen's generosity gave the group steel targets to enjoy shooting at whenever we host these meets. If you don't fall into either of these groups, I ask that a small donation be made to the class. This donation will go into purchasing additional targets and equipment.

As far as components go: If everyone chips in, it wouldn't cost a whole lot to get components in bulk and make it so that everyone walks out with ammunition to shoot. Brass is left behind by a lot of shooters and unless you have a 1 mile rifle, there isn't a need for Lapua brass. Stay away from NATO brass, as it's thicker walls reduce powder volume.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Charging a fee is more than fair.  Plus it will help weed out the tire kickers.

As for components it would almost be better to make everyone kick in a set amount.  To keep from having to re-setup as people switch out loads.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As for components it would almost be better to make everyone kick in a set amount.  To keep from having to re-setup as people switch out loads.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

However you guys want to handle components is fine with me. I recommend that everyone try at least 3 different powders. I've known from experience the weird things that can occur with bullet/powder variations. Components are cheap, cheaper in the valley than anything I can get locally. If you need suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Since I'm not getting any feedback on a date, I had to throw out August 2nd. I hope to be in town around 0900 and expect the class to be around 6 hours but it may drag on a little longer than that. There is no press requirement but those who are bringing in their press, please let me know so I know what to expect. I'm trying to cover all bases but if I'm forgetting something, please let me know.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Since I'm not getting any feedback on a date, I had to throw out August 2nd. I hope to be in town around 0900 and expect the class to be around 6 hours but it may drag on a little longer than that. There is no press requirement but those who are bringing in their press, please let me know so I know what to expect. I'm trying to cover all bases but if I'm forgetting something, please let me know.
View Quote

Do it at my shop, right?  If so, anyone attending shoot me an IM and I will get you location.  

I will bring a 550 set up for .223 and 6.5 grendel.  I have tons of space, but not a lot of chairs.  If you want to sit down, you might want to bring a camp chair or something.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do it at my shop, right?  If so, anyone attending shoot me an IM and I will get you location.  

I will bring a 550 set up for .223 and 6.5 grendel.  I have tons of space, but not a lot of chairs.  If you want to sit down, you might want to bring a camp chair or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup! Do you have a stool by chance? I have a hard time standing up for extended periods of time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup! Do you have a stool by chance? I have a hard time standing up for extended periods of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.  It's more of a chair, but it's pretty tall, we use it for sitting at a 4' tall counter.  I have some other chairs, but I don't know how many will show up.  We don't spend much time sitting at my shop LOL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do.  It's more of a chair, but it's pretty tall, we use it for sitting at a 4' tall counter.  I have some other chairs, but I don't know how many will show up.  We don't spend much time sitting at my shop LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be grateful for anything and greatly appreciate the use of your shop. I think we have 5 but I'm trying to get a hold of a sixth, possibly seventh person. I have and will be bringing my xl650 and Lee classic cast. I can load the following calibers:

50bmg
300 Win Mag
.30-06
5.56/.223
.300 BLK

For pistol
.45/.45 GAP
9mm/.38 super
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Cat says she wants to attend too
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#21]
In! Super excited! I will IM for coordinates this week!

I am game to pay a small fee. Especially if Bravo is willing to make the drive down from up north and spend his own time to teach this class. Along with ragedracer allowing us to use his place and electricity.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent!  I will be attending and will have some questions for you about the 6.5 Grendel.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 2nd.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in.

I will bring my turret press, set up with 308 and 338LM.

11B,  i can bring my XL650 if you dont want to drag yours down.
Doesn't sound like my buddy will be back in town, so that is one less for the count.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm in.

Doesn't sound like my buddy will be back in town, so that is one less for the count.

View Quote

I have my press setup for quick detachment but it would spare me the hassle of making room in my car. I'm a little paranoid about messing with my bags at the moment after opening my closet door.

I'll bring my tool heads instead.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have my press setup for quick detachment but it would spare me the hassle of making room in my car. I'm a little paranoid about messing with my bags at the moment after opening my closet door.

<a href="http://s492.photobucket.com/user/s12_022/media/20150727_161744_zpsgfamnjmy_edit_1438045592343_zpsbppgmuld.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/s12_022/20150727_161744_zpsgfamnjmy_edit_1438045592343_zpsbppgmuld.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in.

<a href="http://s492.photobucket.com/user/s12_022/media/20150727_161744_zpsgfamnjmy_edit_1438045592343_zpsbppgmuld.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/s12_022/20150727_161744_zpsgfamnjmy_edit_1438045592343_zpsbppgmuld.jpg</a>

Lmao
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Somehow i missed this thread.  

I wouldnt mind attending.  Ive been reloading for a few years but still wouldnt mind attending to learn new things.  i have a 550B i use mostly for 308. 223 and 9mm.  I would only be able to make it sunday as i work 2nd shift sat nights.  Im sure i could chip in somehow as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Please work out components amongst yourselves. I know Jered went ahead and bought his own stuff. If you guys want to build your cache now, that's great but make sure you bring something for the class. There will be plenty of presses, so the class might shrink down some in time. Please guys, I don't want to see 20lbs of powder at the class and no primer, bullets, or brass. I wish I had more rifle brass but I made a severe miscalculation and ended up selling most of my .223 brass and my .308 brass was snagged up by at trash thief.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lmao
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in.

Lmao

You have no idea of how terrified I am about Black Widows in specific. Jihadis and the occasional roadside bomb is no problem but a widow will stop me cold.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You have no idea of how terrified I am about Black Widows in specific. Jihadis and the occasional roadside bomb is no problem but a widow will stop me cold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in.

Lmao

You are allowed to use chemical weapons against black widows!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in.

Lmao

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I am probably out. I have to load 223 and test before Rocky Mountain 3 Gun on the 12th. Im running out of time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Please work out components amongst yourselves. I know Jered went ahead and bought his own stuff. If you guys want to build your cache now, that's great but make sure you bring something for the class. There will be plenty of presses, so the class might shrink down some in time. Please guys, I don't want to see 20lbs of powder at the class and no primer, bullets, or brass. I wish I had more rifle brass but I made a severe miscalculation and ended up selling most of my .223 brass and my .308 brass was snagged up by at trash thief.
View Quote

Couple of other things for people to bring case trimmers, case prep tools, powder scales and powder trickler.

I can bring my chargemaster, but if we are going to use a bunch of different powders it is not a good choice.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Couple of other things for people to bring case trimmers, case prep tools, powder scales and powder trickler.

I can bring my chargemaster, but if we are going to use a bunch of different powders it is not a good choice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the case trimmer, chamfer/deburr, trickler, and scale. It's not necessary to bring more unless members want to bring theirs anyway.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey guys, I need everyone to sound off and announce what components you're bringing to the class. I'm hoping everyone agreed to community property but if not, please state so.

Here's who I have so far:

ragedracer1977
HK_farmer
LukeDuke
tasty_chicken
azmp5 (unconfirmed)
cat-mechanic
JeredMD
notgrownupyetSBR556
atram6
Cat

If I missed anyone, you need to contact either me or ragedracer1977 for directions.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I need everyone to sound off and announce what components you're bringing to the class. I'm hoping everyone agreed to community property but if not, please state so.
View Quote

I have a bunch of .223 brass and bags full of random caliber pickup brass I'll bring.  I can donate a 100 round bag of .223 62 grain and 100 round bag of 6.5 (.264) 120gr softpoints (projectiles only).  If anyone legitimately is in a hard place and just wants to try it out, but can't afford it - please IM me and I will make sure you have something to work with - don't skip coming because you don't have components.  Just let me know beforehand.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Here's who I have so far:

ragedracer1977
HK_farmer
LukeDuke
tasty_chicken
azmp5 (unconfirmed)
cat-mechanic
JeredMD
notgrownupyetSBR556
atram6

If I missed anyone, you need to contact either me or ragedracer1977 for directions.
View Quote

Don't forget Cat. She will be carpooling with me.

I will be bringing 120pcs of once fired brass, tumbled, but needing to be further processed.  100 Hornady 75BTHP, 100winchester primers, 1 pound of Varget, and I can bring some Exterminator if anyone wants to try that powder. Exterminator is my go to powder for 6.8SPC and also works great in 223/556 loading.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I will be bringing 100pcs of once fired tumbled 223 brass, 100 Hornady 75gr HPBT and 52gr SMK, 1 lb of Reloder 15, and cci small rifle primers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Y'all are going to learn some good info from 11b, mark my words.

Take notes!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, I am out. Work calls. I will be in Tucson Sunday.

What time is this shindig starting?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]
For those that cannot make and willing to drive north to Prescott, and if 11b think's its viable, I am willing to donate my place for a day. This is too good to miss out.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

9am.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

9am.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9am.

Cool, I am planning on starting early, so hopefully be back by noon. Maybe you guys will still be there. If so I will swing by.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#44]
LukeDuke has the .223 dies for my press.  I'm not sure if he's going to be done with his loading for a competition in time.  So, not sure that I'll have my setup in that caliber.  I will bring it set up for 6.5 Grendel, if anyone has a spare set up in .223 or whatever caliber (toolhead, powder measure, etc) for a Dillon 550, please bring it!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I'll be bring several different weight .30 cal bullets, from 165 to 185.  1 pound XBR powder.  Federal large rifle primers.  I have a bunch of once fired brass i can bring, 30-06 and .223 are the easiest, but if i can find time today i can bring some .308 as well.
I'll bring my .223 dies and setup for my 650 since rage does not have his.

Is anyone planning on bring there rifle with them?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LukeDuke has the .223 dies for my press.  I'm not sure if he's going to be done with his loading for a competition in time.  So, not sure that I'll have my setup in that caliber.  I will bring it set up for 6.5 Grendel, if anyone has a spare set up in .223 or whatever caliber (toolhead, powder measure, etc) for a Dillon 550, please bring it!
View Quote

I am 99% sure i will be able to drop off the 223 set up for the 550. I processed 1500 or so peices of brass on the 1050 at work this morning and the R&D department is up to something so they are gonna load the final rounds for me.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Got all my gear loaded up.  I will load up the fridge with a couple cases of water, if anyone wants to bring anything to drink there is plenty of fridge space.  No alcohol please though.  I have a Keurig at the shop with plenty of Kcups if anyone wants coffee.  

There is a chevron sort of across the street, kinda ghetto, but it's there.  If you want doughnuts, Rainbow Donuts is 1/2 a block north of me  Excellent doughnuts!

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Glad i got to come hangout! Really great group of guys and girl. Haha.
Hope everyone made it home safe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
No pics!?

Fucking fail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No pics!?

Fucking fail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No pics!?

Fucking fail.

I could post video from my security system LOL.

Was good meeting new folks and seeing some I haven't seen for years!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top