Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 4:49:32 PM EDT
anyone in tucson know a good knife sharpener?

the kid that bought the blade runner knives is ok but he's no Richard for putting an edge on a blade and his entourage of vaping hommies leaves me looking for a new knife shop.

the big dopy white kid needs to back the F^ck off too. i was one step in the shop when i was accosted by his overly trashy bravado..... whatta tool. i feel compelled to tell the asian kid that bought it that its gonna cost him business.

if you go in there...make sure you discuss what type of edge he's going to put on your knife...this was a brand new adamas that wasnt so great from benchmade. imagine my horror when i got it back! i will say it does cut better but i'm kinda thinking he should tell a guy what he's doing before he transforms a brand new blade.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I'd make him buy me a new knife.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That's really pretty pathetic.
I'd be expecting a new blade as well.

ETA...
What the heck did he use to sharpen it?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
one of those wheels. i've had others sharpened by him without problem. i went back and talked to him. he missunderstood what i wanted. i just wanted the edge touched up. bemchmade did a shit job on it.

he thought i wanted a different edge. i will say the edge he put it is frakkin awesome for cutting. its just ugly and not much point left.

i explained to him he needs to communicated shit like that. he got it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Understood.
At least it cuts now and he didn't destroy the serrated part.
Might want to talk to him about ceramic sticks, wheels can heat the metal if not done right.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
There used to be a place on the east side called "Chucks Sharpening" . Used a belt to do the job. I have no idea if he's still there or not but he did a pretty good job on some knives of mine.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Hehe, kinda wanna drive to Tucson just to see this shop now =)

Kidding aside, have you considered DIY?  I used to avoid that concept myself having tried a lotta different systems, but once I found and used the Spyderco Sharpmaker set I've been a convert.  If *MY* dumb ass can consistently put hair popping edges on anything in my collection (including the PITA that is s30v steel) anyone can.  Best $60 or so I've ever spent.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a diamond block i use a little. i thought about buying a real sharpener too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Ouch, sucks about the blade.

Unless you specified to have a different edge put on it, he should have just sharpened it, not put an entirely new edge. Doesn't matter if he did a good job or not, he changed it without asking, and that is very unprofessional.

It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a hamburger, and they bring you half a pizza. You wouldn't pay for it because it is not what you asked for.

I would not have paid him for the work, and he would be buying me a new blade if it was me. You should do the same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ouch, sucks about the blade.

Unless you specified to have a different edge put on it, he should have just sharpened it, not put an entirely new edge. Doesn't matter if he did a good job or not, he changed it without asking, and that is very unprofessional.

It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a hamburger, and they bring you half a pizza. You wouldn't pay for it because it is not what you asked for.

I would not have paid him for the work, and he would be buying me a new blade if it was me. You should do the same.
View Quote

he didnt charge me and he offered to send it back to benchmade for a new blade.

he's a nice kid and done great work on my kitchen knifes and other pocket knives. he miss understood my complaint about the factory edge but he understands now that he needs to communicate better.

i might ask him for a killer deal on an HK axis folder he has though, to make up for it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

he didnt charge me and he offered to send it back to benchmade for a new blade.

he's a nice kid and done great work on my kitchen knifes and other pocket knives. he miss understood my complaint about the factory edge but he understands now that he needs to communicate better.

i might ask him for a killer deal on an HK axis folder he has though, to make up for it.
View Quote

That's good, at least he made it right on his mistake. I wouldn't push for a deal on another knife. Just get yours replace.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The next time you have a little extra money, buy a Work Sharp sharpener.  I bought one a while back (the cheapest one) and couldn't be more pleased with it.  Everything I have is sharp including kitchen knives, tools in the tool shed, pocket knives, and fixed blades.  Even my one and only Benchmade.

I know guys that can do it better by hand, but I don't think you can go wrong.  Works great and you won't end up with what you have now.

Sorry about your knife.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I sharpen my Benchmade with a Spyderco Sharpmaker. It really is too easy to maintain an edge with that thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top