Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 2:07:44 PM EDT
This is the best CCW course in the State of Arizona.  Dan Southard and Brian Kowolski have assisted Mas Ayoob in several Tucson based court cases during which Tucson Citizens were released from custody and charges dropped.  
It is from this course that we give first choice to attend when Mas Ayoob comes to Tucson to teach his MAG 20 Courtroom class.
This will be held in the small classroom at SERP.
This course goes well beyond the necessary requirements
of the State of Arizona to carry a concealed
weapon. Arizona Law relating to use of a handgun
is covered. The course includes both classroom
study and range time. A written test and a handgun
qualification must be passed to receive a certificate
to apply for a CCW permit. For those who need a re-familiarization in using a handgun instruction will be provided.
We will use a Laser SIRT Next Level Training gun during the class to revue gun safety. Please visit www.gatorfarmtactical.com.
Where Southeast Regional Park, Time 0900-1600, Cost $80.00  Register through Pima County Parks and Recreation  520 724 5264
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
IM sent
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it Billy, the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok just dropped off my registration for myself and brother.

Few details for others that my be interested.

Because it's through Parks and Rec they do not have online registration. You have to print the registration form and either mail it in or drop it off. They do not take registration nor payment over the phone either.

Class Code is 4-060DS found here.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Billy.  They are going to put in online registration next quarter.  AND you may register at the class, just bring in a check made to Pima County Parks and Rec,
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This Sunday at SERP.  I have asked the state to expedite carry permits for military.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Round count?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Round count?
View Quote

10 minimum, 50 max.  If the class is small Brian will give a hour or so tactical carry class free in addition to the regular. Tell him you want to shoot his Glock with Optic.  I'll have my CORE with an optic also.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't remember the range rules. Leave pistols in a case?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't remember the range rules. Leave pistols in a case?
View Quote

Yes, we spent a bunch of bucks on SIRT pistols so we will use them for indoor training.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Great class. AAR to come.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you, can I put the AAR on our new website?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thank you, can I put the AAR on our new website?
View Quote

Sure thing

I'll tell ya right off that of the 3 classes I've taken over the years focused on the CCW permit that this was really the best. No joke.

I got to take Rizzo's class at some point.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:50:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Rizzo took Ayoob's MAG 40 when I sponsored it down here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Website is open but we are updating things tonight.  We are adding video, dates of classes, AAR's of classes, and updates on instructor development.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#15]
dupe
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
AAR on GatorTactical Legal Issues of Concealed Carry

So every so often I like to take a refresher CCW course to help stay abreast of any changes I may have missed in the CCW world as it pertains to Arizona. My first class was in 2002 fresh out of the Navy. I took it through a well known gun shop in Tucson. Very basic and I want to say it was paired with some NRA teaching. 10 round qualifying range time and there you go. The second class I took was in 2010 with a different well known gun shop in Tucson. Very similar to the first class I took including the same video instruction. Again, very basic, firearm selection, safety, basic laws etc, same as the first class and again followed up with 10 round qualifying. I give this background to help identify the difference with Gatorfarm Tactical's class.

The instructor was very friendly and has plenty of years in Law Enforcement which help give a different insight into CCW. The instructor was funny, presented his instruction very clear with a reason behind each anecdote as it pertained to CCW. The content of the course was based on Mas Ayoob's instruction which for me, was a very welcome change of pace from the previous two classes with the same generic video. This video covered the law in a very insightful way and when needed the instructor stopped the video for discussion and to point out what is not applicable in Arizona. After a recap of the class information the standard AZDPS test was taken and off to the range for the standard 10 round qualifying safety test.

Overall, having experienced 2 other CCW classes in Arizona I can at this time say Gatorfarm Tactical's Legal Issues of Concealed Carry to be the best class I've taken to date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top