Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:33:16 PM EDT

On the hunt for a job. Again!

I'm looking for hands-on work, preferably near the Chandler Airport area or within a handful of miles of it (5-10 miles or so). I'm looking for full-time work until the school semester starts on August 24th, at which point I'll be going part-time (somewhere around 25-30 hours a week or so). I can provide a full resume and cover letter upon request.

My skills include customer service, vehicle transport/driving, forklift operations, manufacturing/production work, and I am a trained entry-level motorcycle tech (among others). I'm not looking for contract work, but rather a steady job with a regular pay check. I'm looking for something in the $12-16 range, if at all possible. I have applications in all over the place already, but haven't had any solid hits just yet. I figure the more exposure I get, the better, so I'm posting this up here as well in the hopes that greater exposure increases my chance of landing the right gig where both my employer and I are getting the most from our working relationship. :)

Anything relating to aviation, firearms, or motorcycles (sportbikes more-so than cruisers, as I'm trained on Kawasaki and BMW) would be of particular interest to me, but I'm absolutely open to learning new skills. I'll be pursuing a career as a commercial helicopter pilot starting this fall, so I'd say that aviation takes top priority as I'd like to be immersed in the industry, but any of the others would tickle me pink. As part of my flight training, I'll also be pursuing an associates degree part-time at Chandler-Gilbert, so I'll need somewhere that can be flexible semester to semester as my class schedule changes (proving to be the difficult, most limiting factor thus far, I'm afraid).

Allow me to state up front that I'm looking for somewhere with a professional, smooth-running environment where management is willing and able to provide a work place where employees are treated with respect. If you're aware of anything, please let me know. Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Allow me to state up front that I'm looking for somewhere with a professional, smooth-running environment where management is willing and able to provide a work place where employees are treated with respect. If you're aware of anything, please let me know. Thank you in advance!
View Quote

Not to be a dick - but I think everyone wants that pipe dream lol

Good luck, I'm searching for full time work as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not glorious but maybe check out some of the armed guard gigs. For school it will be nice because you can squeeze more hours into the week with odd hours, and you'll have tons of time to study or do homework. The only real downside is the wait time for the guard cards. If you need to scale things back it will be easy, or you can just work special events as they come up.

It's not an end all solution, but it will get the money coming in and buy yourself some time, with lots of flex for school, which is priority#1.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.

My requirement for a professional place to work doesn't mean there won't be bumps in the roads, per se. :) But I'm also unwilling to be someone's punching bag or door mat, for any amount of money. If I'll be treated like a human being with some level of respect, then I understand there will be less than perfect  days at work. That happens. If management is unwilling to treat me with some level of decency that should be afforded any human being, than I'm unwilling to suffer there, that's all. I'd say 90% of the workplaces out there afford at least that much. I've just had a few experiences that left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, and I've learned it's not worth the trouble.

Any leads are appreciated!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top