Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2015 7:37:22 PM EDT
Without getting into unnecessary details, we are in an area that our well water is being threatened by someone water mining under the guise of "farming".

I've talked to people on the know, and it's time to get outta Dodge before it's too late. Anyway, the wife and I have always loved Prescott. We go there at least once a year to spend a few days. We've made an appointment to have a realtor come give us an opinion about what she thinks we could sell our place for. I think we can sell it, then get a place in Prescott-or surrounding areas-that we like without having to finance too much. I hate to leave my home, but if we're pulling out of here, we are just going to hit the RESET button. My wife can get a job doing what she does easily (banking), but I may have a tougher time. I posted a while back when we first started talking about the idea in the Aviation forum, and had someone reach out to me, but my thread has since gone cold, and I accidentally deleted his IM's in a clean out also.

Anyway, I thought I'd touch base here before posting again back over there. I am a Quality Assurance Inspector at an FAR 145 Repair Station. We do aircraft wheels and brakes, in November it will be 12 years here. I applied at a place called Prescott Aerospace today, as I have experience with some of the audit programs they have listed and I figured it was worth a shot. Anyone here on the Hometown forum know any places I should start my search? I'm on Indeed, but the Prescott Aerospace place I found on a Google search.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
luvmyglock flies out of Prescott Airfield. He lives in Chino Valley if you have particular questions.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
luvmyglock flies out of Prescott Airfield. He lives in Chino Valley if you have particular questions.

Good luck.
View Quote

Hey! That's the guy that I was talking to from the other thread, thanks man!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious where you live in K-town with a well. My inlaws are there as well (on a well).
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I also fly out of the PRC aerodrome.
I retired from Cobham Aerospace Communications which is located on the airport - but they are an electronics manufacturer of navigation/communication equipment nothing aircraft mechanical related but they do have a FAA repair facility for returned equipment.

Never-the-less, you can't go wrong moving here....

Good luck.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Curious where you live in K-town with a well. My inlaws are there as well (on a well).
View Quote

Out on Stockton Hill, about a mile past the Crazy Horse store. These "farms" out here are drilling way more wells than required, it's pretty obvious what their plans are.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I also fly out of the PRC aerodrome. I retired from Cobham Aerospace Communications which is located on the airport - but they are an electronics manufacturer of navigation/communication equipment nothing aircraft mechanical related but they do have a FAA repair facility for returned equipment.
Good luck.

View Quote

I saw them while looking, sounds interesting, but I guess my skill set won't do me any good there. What about just industrial manufacturing/factory type jobs? Are there any places out there? Our airport here has multiple little mom and pop type places that manufacture various things.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I saw them while looking, sounds interesting, but I guess my skill set won't do me any good there. What about just industrial manufacturing/factory type jobs? Are there any places out there? Our airport here has multiple little mom and pop type places that manufacture various things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I also fly out of the PRC aerodrome. I retired from Cobham Aerospace Communications which is located on the airport - but they are an electronics manufacturer of navigation/communication equipment nothing aircraft mechanical related but they do have a FAA repair facility for returned equipment.
Good luck.

Embry-Riddle may be looking for the help, give them a look as they are here in Prescott near the airport.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Out on Stockton Hill, about a mile past the Crazy Horse store. These "farms" out here are drilling way more wells than required, it's pretty obvious what their plans are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're way out there!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife's interview went very well yesterday...shit just may be getting real.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Is Kingman like Tatooine now? Do we need to setup moisture farms?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not quite yet.

The wife and I have always liked Prescott, and having a well on my property with this asshole just a couple of miles away isn't going to help my property value-even if the concern is perceived and not realistic. It just seems like a good time to do what we've always wanted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me know if you need intel/recons on the spots.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not quite yet.

The wife and I have always liked Prescott, and having a well on my property with this asshole just a couple of miles away isn't going to help my property value-even if the concern is perceived and not realistic. It just seems like a good time to do what we've always wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite yet.

Cool.

Gotta love western water rights
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let me know if you need intel/recons on the spots.
View Quote

Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote
Yeah I was in contact with him...but I'll say it again- Always willing to help, or at least drink a beer with ya if you make it up this way!

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah I was in contact with him...but I'll say it again- Always willing to help, or at least drink a beer with ya if you make it up this way!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.
You know what? My mighty Mk25 was asking where his wimpy 228 bastard cousin was. I looked at her, shrugged, and loaded all of her mags to keep her happy.

By the way, I changed my mind. I'm keeping her until a P30L trade happens my way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Well crap. My wife didn’t get the job we were hoping she would, but that’s okay. We’ve decided moving to Prescott is our mission. We’ve got a plan, but it may take some time. Thanks for all the kind words fellas.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well crap. My wife didn’t get the job we were hoping she would, but that’s okay. We’ve decided moving to Prescott is our mission. We’ve got a plan, but it may take some time. Thanks for all the kind words fellas.
View Quote
What's the temperature where you're at? It ain't quite the over here
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hang in there, you guys will find something.

As someone not in the know, what are your neighbors intentions with the multiple wells?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As someone not in the know, what are your neighbors intentions with the multiple wells?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea, as I don't know any of them. Selling the house first though to fund a couple more rental properties. Going to make this thing work.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been toasty here! Not quite as hot as Phoenix, though. But, after a certain temperature, hot is hot!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, come on over, the Water is fine here in Prescott.  I know a few homes for sale in PV
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Phase one is nearing completion-we accepted an offer on our house today. It's a cash offer so we have to be out by the 30th unless they back out during the inspection period. No turning back now!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Good luck man!

Prescott is awesome...only one country bar awesome but eh, I'm fine with that.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Good luck man. Let me know if there is anything can do to help.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:34:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
House warming chef appearance meal?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the first thing I thought too!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I've had a taste of your bbq...

arfcom fashion says both!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top