Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there going to be a way to haul steel, or do I need to load up Big Red?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There will be a road to haul steel along.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet. I'm guessing you're talking about the road up on the left hand side of the shooting area. If it will make things easier, Big Red can haul the little 4'X8' trailer that I haul it on and we could use that, but if I recall, the area you guys had the steel placed at the Hometown shoot, it looks pretty much pedestrian only.

Big Red:

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump.

See you all in a week.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bump.

See you all in a week.

View Quote

Yeah buddy! I'm pretty excited. It will be a welcome change from packing and loading boxes!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah buddy! I'm pretty excited. It will be a welcome change from packing and loading boxes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump.

See you all in a week.

It'll be good to met you and the others.

If anyone wants to sign up for this class and doesn't have a rifle set up for long range, I have a 20" LR308 zeroed for 168 Federal Gold Match and if you'd rather do .223, I have a 16" White Oak barreled .223 Wylde that is zeroed for 69 Federal Gold Match. Just bring ammo, and I'll bring the rifles.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If anyone wants to sign up for this class and doesn't have a rifle set up for long range, I have a 20" LR308 zeroed for 168 Federal Gold Match and if you'd rather do .223, I have a 16" White Oak barreled .223 Wylde that is zeroed for 69 Federal Gold Match. Just bring ammo, and I'll bring the rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump.

See you all in a week.

We got to chat a little last year. I emailed you the video of you firing the M60
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#8]
See you all tomorrow. I'll be there early to get some shooting in if anyone wants to join. Probably be there at or before 0600.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
See you all tomorrow. I'll be there early to get some shooting in if anyone wants to join. Probably be there at or before 0600.

View Quote

Now I see your post!  A day late and a dollar short, again.  I would have loved to see that shorty in action.  It was nice meeting you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Now I see your post!  A day late and a dollar short, again.  I would have loved to see that shorty in action.  It was nice meeting you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I can bring it out again the next time we meet, for a long range session after 11bravo can figure out a good date.

...or somebody could try and organize a hometown lights out shoot, same location, NVG's or light mounted guns only...no tracers though, egads no tracers
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I can bring it out again the next time we meet, for a long range session after 11bravo can figure out a good date.

...or somebody could try and organize a hometown lights out shoot, same location, NVG's or light mounted guns only...no tracers though, egads no tracers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was nice seeing you again. I was going to ask you-how do you like that Surefire model on your SBR? I am in the market for one for mine and that's the model I think I'm leaning towards.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the Pastrami p2tharizo! That shit was legit! Loved it!

Hope to see ya at the carbine class!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was nice seeing you again. I was going to ask you-how do you like that Surefire model on your SBR? I am in the market for one for mine and that's the model I think I'm leaning towards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

I like it better than the WMLx, as I am not fond of the interface that Inforce uses with 1913 because even though the WMLx is just as light, it can come lose during sustained semi or full auto fire. The Surefire X300U mounts rock solid, and now that she's on a Thorntail mount, it performs even better for me.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Same here.

I like it better than the WMLx, as I am not fond of the interface that Inforce uses with 1913 because even though the WMLx is just as light, it can come lose during sustained semi or full auto fire. The Surefire X300U mounts rock solid, and now that she's on a Thorntail mount, it performs even better for me.

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/P1010915_zpslnuwkasr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/P1010915_zpslnuwkasr.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/P1010915_zpslnuwkasr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/P1010915_zpslnuwkasr.jpg</a>

Cool. I was wondering what that mount was too. Now you may have just cost me more money!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for the Pastrami p2tharizo! That shit was legit! Loved it!

Hope to see ya at the carbine class!
View Quote

No problem bro.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#16]
So let's get back on track with trying to set up some shoot days. I think we need to decide if we want to make these monthly or quarterly. We also need to decide if we always want to shoot in the same location or rotate so some people are not always traveling. Also Rizzo can chime in on maybe a group rate cost to use Cowtown once every 3-4 months on a Saturday or Sunday if possible. The AZHTF shoot spot is great to shoot at however we are limited to about 500 yds and most will want to shoot further than that quickly. Also it is good to know your equipment at different elevations, temps and scenarios. So lets get some feedback on frequency and locations.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I think quarterly may be in our best interests. It gives time for people to squirrel expensive match ammo, also gives time to make plans or work schedule arrangements, and it doesn't burn everybody out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think quarterly may be in our best interests. It gives time for people to squirrel expensive match ammo, also gives time to make plans or work schedule arrangements, and it doesn't burn everybody out.
View Quote

I second this. I will make it as often as I can, but quarterly sure helps with things.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I agree with quarterly, and then those who want to can meet more often if they'd like (read: if you want to shoot more often, hit me up during the weekdays). I also agree with rotating through different areas, and yes I can set the group up with a good rate at Cowtown Range.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I agree with quarterly, and then those who want to can meet more often if they'd like (read: if you want to shoot more often, hit me up during the weekdays). I also agree with rotating through different areas, and yes I can set the group up with a good rate at Cowtown Range.
View Quote

Whatever works for the group, works for me! If anyone finds themselves in town and wants range time or sign out the targets, please feel free to IM me and I'll be happy to square you guys away.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top