Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking at my calendar and holy crap July is a mess! Okay...I'm free July 11th and can do the class if it still happens, then I'm out of state from the 18th until the 26th. That leaves August 8th as my next free Saturday as I'm having a BBQ on August 1st. I had no idea my schedule was so packed! Either way, if Rugerdog or someone is heading that way while I'm out of town, you guys are perfectly welcome to IM me for my address and swing by to use my steel. Any event I can make however, my offer still stands of a 3 wheeler with trailer for hauling said steel, a BBQ lunch, and the pleasure of my company.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some of the plates weigh close to 100lbs. I know my broke ass isn't helping with target placement, so there better be some healthy, willing individuals to do that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we may need a quad John Deer type or a Polaris for range duties such as carrying out the targets and for fire control. Anyone have one?

Just a Honda 3 wheeler, but I don't think that will cut it.

Some of the plates weigh close to 100lbs. I know my broke ass isn't helping with target placement, so there better be some healthy, willing individuals to do that
See, this is how I know you're talking about my plate when you mentioned the 100 pounds part
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
See, this is how I know you're talking about my plate when you mentioned the 100 pounds part
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we may need a quad John Deer type or a Polaris for range duties such as carrying out the targets and for fire control. Anyone have one?

Just a Honda 3 wheeler, but I don't think that will cut it.

Rizzo mentioned purchasing the full silhouette targets and the pop up they're planning on developing are going to be heavier than that. I'd never advertise unwilling the volunteering of your targets man.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Cowtown in Phoenix is the only range we can rent that will meet the criteria for long range. Most shoots will be in forest land or, if members are willing, private land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a bit confused. Are we obligated to pay $189 to shoot with this group if we decide to? I may be misunderstanding what is being planned here but I was under the impression we would be meeting up to shoot with like minded LR shooters and see who is having a good day. I think a beginners class is a good thing but it seems like a different topic to me. What am I missing?

The $189 is solely for those wanting to take the class. No one is obligated to attend. Members who show up to any regular shoot with no experience, nothing to contribute, and want to learn or be taught everything on the fly will be severely disappointed.

Ok. I get it. I misunderstood the options.

Are you guys planning to have a LR day at a regular range or out in the desert. Either way I want to attend and meet some of you guys.
I can bring some steel and some knowledge in any event. I will be following this thread as time allows. - Art

Cowtown in Phoenix is the only range we can rent that will meet the criteria for long range. Most shoots will be in forest land or, if members are willing, private land.

I have full access to a private range in SE Utah with about $80k worth of steel on the side of the mountain. I am heading up to shoot a 3-gun match in July(2nd weekend).
The distance is unlimited. I would be willing to set up a weekend where we could all head that way. We could shoot 3-gun on Sat and LR on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have full access to a private range in SE Utah with about $80k worth of steel on the side of the mountain. I am heading up to shoot a 3-gun match in July(2nd weekend).
The distance is unlimited. I would be willing to set up a weekend where we could all head that way. We could shoot 3-gun on Sat and LR on Sunday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a bit confused. Are we obligated to pay $189 to shoot with this group if we decide to? I may be misunderstanding what is being planned here but I was under the impression we would be meeting up to shoot with like minded LR shooters and see who is having a good day. I think a beginners class is a good thing but it seems like a different topic to me. What am I missing?

The $189 is solely for those wanting to take the class. No one is obligated to attend. Members who show up to any regular shoot with no experience, nothing to contribute, and want to learn or be taught everything on the fly will be severely disappointed.

Are you guys planning to have a LR day at a regular range or out in the desert. Either way I want to attend and meet some of you guys.
I can bring some steel and some knowledge in any event. I will be following this thread as time allows. - Art

Go on...

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Thats about the extent of it. It is in a really remote area with no neighbors for 70+ miles. There is a bunkhouse with kitchen and running h2o to sleep in. It is a fun place to shoot. I organized 3-gun matches there and they have continued since I left the area. There are some good shooters that train there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The full size torso that GSL has weighs around 75 lbs, that weight includes the base.

So can we get a firm head count on which way everyone wants to go? I am still up for option A, but that sounds like it might not have as much interest now. We need to get it figured out soon so we can all make plans, especially for Rizzo. Maybe place a head count with each option in OP.

As far as steel goes. I personally do not care if any is bought from me or the steel is bought through someone else. Having a large group of targets at the groups disposal is essential. I would hate to have a day where I don't show up and provide steel for the group out of my own stash, and then nobody can shoot because there are only 2 targets at the firing line. I brought over 1000 lbs of steel to the AZHTF shoot, and I think only AZTrooper was the only other guy who set up a couple pieces of steel. Also for shooting long range it is nice to set up the steel so their are pieces every 50 yds or so out to the max range and people are not constantly wanting to move the steel around. It takes a fair amount of time to set up for all of this.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I will be attending the training/shoot on July 11.  I am not sure how many meetings I will be able to attend after July 11 just because of how busy I usually am and how far away I live from that area.

Count me in for the 11th!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Cory-P3DT, I sent an IM to you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about Desert Tech?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#11]
So is there going to be a small scaled down precision class on July 11th??? Has it been decided yet on what is happening?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Not Desert Tech.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So is there going to be a small scaled down precision class on July 11th??? Has it been decided yet on what is happening?
View Quote

Curious on this as well. Rizzo do you know the interest and if there is enough interest to make it worth your while?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

No word from Glen on this yet; I'll ask if he'll kindly reply.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got an update: We need, at the minimum, at least 5 shooters for the course... there is currently on 2.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd love to get in on this class.  It wouldn't be for a few months though.  I'm going to the doctor to see about having a hernia repaired this week.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd love to get in on this class.  It wouldn't be for a few months though.  I'm going to the doctor to see about having a hernia repaired this week.
View Quote

The 1 day class is a special offering, but Rizzo has a precision rifle course scheduled for Peoria; you may want to look into that when you recover.

Guys, deadline for the 1 day course will be 1 week before the class. If we can't get the minimum of 5 people, we won't be able to run the class.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The 1 day class is a special offering, but Rizzo has a precision rifle course scheduled for Peoria; you may want to look into that when you recover.

Guys, deadline for the 1 day course will be 1 week before the class. If we can't get the minimum of 5 people, we won't be able to run the class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully he's counting me as one of the two, I emailed him....
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you are one of the two. I've been out of the office a lot lately and trying to get caught up with emails and such.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an invoice for the class, but I have not paid it yet.  I would hate to pay only to have the class cancelled due to lack of participation.

If the class is a go, I am a go.  I am looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
FYI, the High Power folks at Rio Salado Sportsman's Club in Mesa run several precision tactical rifle matches a year... might be of interest to many here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FYI, the High Power folks at Rio Salado Sportsman's Club in Mesa run several precision tactical rifle matches a year... might be of interest to many here.
View Quote
Appreciate the look out sir, but I believe many here interested would prefer doing something more casual and informal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have an invoice for the class, but I have not paid it yet.  I would hate to pay only to have the class cancelled due to lack of participation.

View Quote

Class is a go for sure.

Even if it were cancelled, refunds would be issued.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Class is a go for sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class is a go for sure.

Good news!  Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Class is a go for sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class is a go for sure.

Awesome. I'll pay the full invoice Friday. I'm looking forward to the class.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Class is a go for sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class is a go for sure.

Are others able to meet up after the course and shoot? I'd like to show up for support as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I have to meet Cory there to pick up and purchase some stuff, so I can bring out a cooler and have some ice from locally if anyone wants to cool off some water.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have to meet Cory there to pick up and purchase some stuff, so I can bring out a cooler and have some ice from locally if anyone wants to cool off some water.
View Quote

A lot of you guys are coming from out of town, so as a kind gesture, I'll meet with GSL and bring water. Monsoons look like they'll be early this year but either way - water during the instruction and possibly beer after.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Appreciate the look out sir, but I believe many here interested would prefer doing something more casual and informal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you, but in this case the event is new and VERY casual and informal. It is on a range though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm interested in doing Scenario A.  Is there a link to go to register?

Second, I don't really have a precision rifle.  Is a 223/556 AR will that be sufficient for the class?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Second, I don't really have a precision rifle.  Is a 223/556 AR will that be sufficient for the class?
View Quote

Glen's info is in the top right box to register.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
If Independence doesn't have a spare, I can lend you a .308 AR 20" for DM duties or an SPRish 16" White Oak barrel .223 Wylde. Ammo is on you though
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as you pay for the course in full, I'll lend my rifle and the 50 rounds of ammo required. Can't think of a better deal than that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

For these distances, 5.56 will be fine, though .243 and above would be preferred. As long as your have an optic that has MIL or MOA reticle, you'll be good to go. Can lend an appropriate scope if needed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As long as you pay for the course in full, I'll lend my rifle and the 50 rounds of ammo required. Can't think of a better deal than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, I called Glen just now and signed up/paid for the course so I'm going!  I will take you up on your offer.  If your rifle is 308, I've got some Federal 168gr Gold Medal Match I can use.  I'll give you a box for letting me use it.  Yes I have the ammo but no rifle to us it in
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#37]
It's still not late to get more people in on the course. GSL has offered to volunteer his rifle and I still have a very precise ACR. I will bring it out regardless and allow you guys to fire it and dispel all the negative connotations associated with it. No, it won't be for sale.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I will be heading up north to shoot 3-gun on the 11th but will make it to the next meet up. I want to meet some AZ folks. Also if there is anyone that wants to go shoot 3-gun we can carpool up. It is at the same range I previously mentioned in this thread. -Art
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Tuition paid this morning. I've been thinking: since this is a legit class, and I want to help in some way without taking up precious class time-what do you guys think about me bringing some home smoked pastrami and sandwich fixings? I figure there's probably going to be a lunch break, and this won't cut into our time like my tri tip would. All I would need is a final headcount so I know how much stuff to bring.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tuition paid this morning. I've been thinking: since this is a legit class, and I want to help in some way without taking up precious class time-what do you guys think about me bringing some home smoked pastrami and sandwich fixings? I figure there's probably going to be a lunch break, and this won't cut into our time like my tri tip would. All I would need is a final headcount so I know how much stuff to bring.
View Quote

Pastrami I won't be able to get an accurate headcount, as Rizzo has the roster. Lunch in the field and it's NOT an M.R.E.? It's gonna be a good day!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Pastrami is good with me. I'll bring a table and a few chairs just in case we need it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is very generous of you.  Coming from out of town on Friday I was wondering what I was going to go for lunch during class besides snack.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow that is really nice of you! I will be heading up from Yuma Friday afternoon. I need to find a place to crash up there. Probably just camp out somewhere. Idk if anyone else is going to be doing the same or not.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wow that is really nice of you! I will be heading up from Yuma Friday afternoon. I need to find a place to crash up there. Probably just camp out somewhere. Idk if anyone else is going to be doing the same or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want a hotel/motel, we have a lot of those. If you just need a place to sleep and shower, I have a sofa bed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you want a hotel/motel, we have a lot of those. If you just need a place to sleep and shower, I have a sofa bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't really matter to me. I am use to sleeping out in the sticks all the time. I can pick up some food on the way up and fill my cooler and then sleep at the shooting location so I am ready to go in the morning!

I will be sure to shower before I head up tho Thanks for the offer tho! Really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It doesn't really matter to me. I am use to sleeping out in the sticks all the time. I can pick up some food on the way up and fill my cooler and then sleep at the shooting location so I am ready to go in the morning!

I will be sure to shower before I head up tho Thanks for the offer tho! Really appreciate it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you're saying is up here is like the arctic tundra compared to Yuma down south, eh?

Easy-peasy?

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I bought a second corned beef just in case, and I'll bring plenty of sandwich stuff. I'll have a Coleman stove to heat up the pastrami for those that like 'em warm like I do.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#48]
There are still a couple of slots in this class.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I bought a second corned beef just in case, and I'll bring plenty of sandwich stuff. I'll have a Coleman stove to heat up the pastrami for those that like 'em warm like I do.
View Quote

If someone has a large cooler w/ ice i'll bring soda's and chips.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several posts above, I'll have a 52 quart cooler with ice already that I am bringing
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top