Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 2:51:17 PM EDT
And not by choice either. My wife got a pretty big promotion in Dec. Her company's main office is in Tucson. Since Dec, she's gone down there every other week for 3-4 days at a time. Her company wants to make it to where if she doesn't get down there soon, she'll be gone for the whole week. So...to make things easier, its just best for us to move down there. I just got my National and State EMT certs this week, so I'll be looking for an EMT job. I'm looking to be a Fire Fighter in the near future.

We just got approved to rent a house on Blue Brick Drive, off the Continental Reserve Loop. Looks like the kids will be going to Rattlesnake Ridge Elementary. The NW looks like a nice area. Lots of hiking by the house. Lots of coyotes off near there? I may get a predator license and take my kids out.

Well, I'm looking forward to new opportunities.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
General Hunting license covers coyotes, if you want a Mt. Lion or Bear, you need to get a specific tag in combination with the license.

You got a lot of areas out of Oracle and the back side of Mt. Lemon to have fun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Look on the bright side, you're still in AZ and Tucson is surrounded by some beautiful areas.
Best of luck!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to.Marana, You choose wisly doing NW side, lucky you. The school district is much much better than TUSD, also cheak out NW fire department.  

We will be neibors, I am just over the freeway off twin peaks.  My 9 year olds last day of school was today and we will be shooting 2 times a week about 15 mins from our houses, most likely weekday mornings while its cool and not 115.  After you guys get settled, IM me if you and kiddos would like to join my daughter and I one morning.

Best of luck regardless.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Good choice in location, I almost bought in Continental Reserve before I bought in an area a couple exits north. Tons of local outdoors spots within a very short drive. The trails around and on Dove Mountain and the Ritz-Carlton are gorgeous and very kid friendly as well. The new outlet mall off of Twin Peaks should be open by then end of the summer.

I hear coyotes from my bedroom window each and every single night.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
General Hunting license covers coyotes, if you want a Mt. Lion or Bear, you need to get a specific tag in combination with the license.

You got a lot of areas out of Oracle and the back side of Mt. Lemon to have fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The boss says she will only hunt deer.  I'll hunt anything just to get outside.

Quoted:
Welcome to.Marana, You choose wisly doing NW side, lucky you. The school district is much much better than TUSD, also cheak out NW fire department.  

We will be neibors, I am just over the freeway off twin peaks.  My 9 year olds last day of school was today and we will be shooting 2 times a week about 15 mins from our houses, most likely weekday mornings while its cool and not 115.  After you guys get settled, IM me if you and kiddos would like to join my daughter and I one morning.

Best of luck regardless.

I did see that NW is right down the road a bit. So is a Rural/Metro station. Prob sign up with them until I can get into an academy.

Sounds good about the shooting. I have a 12, 10, 6 and 5 year old. My 5 year old daughter isn't into shooting  yet, but my 3 boys are.

Quoted:
Good choice in location, I almost bought in Continental Reserve before I bought in an area a couple exits north. Tons of local outdoors spots within a very short drive. The trails around and on Dove Mountain and the Ritz-Carlton are gorgeous and very kid friendly as well. The new outlet mall off of Twin Peaks should be open by then end of the summer.

I hear coyotes from my bedroom window each and every single night.

Welcome!

Awesome. I have 2 boys that love hiking and being outdoors. Trying to get my daughter into it, but she poops out after 1/2 a mile.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Look on the bright side, you're still in AZ and Tucson is surrounded by some beautiful areas.
Best of luck!
View Quote

I love it in Phoenix. Happy wife...happy life.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Howdy neighbor! I live in the same neighborhood and in fact, my wife is a teacher (4th grade) at that very school. Yès, lots of 'yotes and javelina around here. Often you'll have to stop to let them cross the road. I like it here really, you can get by just fine and not leave a 3 mile circle. Everything from a theater, hospital, restaurants, wal mart, couple grocery stores, library, parks...etc. there's a range not too far away. I know they run training classes and Appleseed events there. My son and I shoot Ruger rimfire challenge at another nearby range. Be warned, the heats coming. Supposed to bust a hundred this Saturday, first of this year. We'll have to meet once you get moved in. I guess you were a Weapons guy in the Air Force judging by your screen name, I'm a retired AF Crew Chief.
Fritz
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Howdy neighbor! I live in the same neighborhood and in fact, my wife is a teacher (4th grade) at that very school. Yès, lots of 'yotes and javelina around here. Often you'll have to stop to let them cross the road. I like it here really, you can get by just fine and not leave a 3 mile circle. Everything from a theater, hospital, restaurants, wal mart, couple grocery stores, library, parks...etc. there's a range not too far away. I know they run training classes and Appleseed events there. My son and I shoot Ruger rimfire challenge at another nearby range. Be warned, the heats coming. Supposed to bust a hundred this Saturday, first of this year. We'll have to meet once you get moved in. I guess you were a Weapons guy in the Air Force judging by your screen name, I'm a retired AF Crew Chief.
Fritz
View Quote

I have boys currently in 4th and 5th, so they won't have her...that sucks. Been looking at Google maps. Yeah, looks like tons of things within 5 miles of there. That's one of the first places I'll have to find is the nearest range...next would be the nearest (whatever)Rico's. I hear there's a ski resort at Mt. Lemmon? I snowboard from time to time. I've been at Luke for 11 years. I know all about the heat. I just retired after 23 years this Jan.

We can't hang out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top