Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2015 1:49:34 PM EDT
So here's a fun one. Maybe.

Arizona does not yet offer a "real id" compliant ID. So come next year, no TSA passage (I hate flying anyway.)

Already, however, federal buildings supposedly require a compliant ID to enter.

Just got a jury duty letter for US District Court.

Hmm.  Anyone happen to have any insight on how this would pan out?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I really doubt they'll deny you access.
Take the letter along, and IF for any reason they deny you, document names, reason of denial, date, and time.
Then contact clerk of the courts and advise them of what happened.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a passport. If so, that will get you in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is no Federally Mandated ID, then how the hell can they expect you to use one to enter a federal building. Don't fall for their BS.
A passport is necessary for re-entry into the US for a citizen, not to get into a federal courthouse or other building.
Saying they want something is one thing, cite the law that mandates a federal id to get into federal buildings that are for the general public.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, but you do have to submit a copy of your inadequate Arizona Driver's License to apply for a Passport. Figure that one out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top