Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2015 5:38:03 PM EDT
Keeping with an annual tradition, we'll have the Fun Squad again this year. We're limited to 15 shooters, so here we go.

5/12: Squad is full. If you're on this list be sure that you want to be, otherwise let me know so that someone else can jump in.

rizzo1318
BombGuy
Tim_McBride
JeredMD
2gACM
Matt D.
Ian
westernrumor
Jen
notgrownupyetSBR556
atram6
John Y.
asu174
Mason M.
Berd

UPDATE with PRACTICE DATE INFO:

If you can make it, there will be a practice day at Cowtown Range on Monday June 29 from 1p-5p to confirm zero and test POI out to 500m on steel targets under the lovely covered platform, as well as work on trigger speed on closer targets. Russell Phagan (sinistralrifleman) will also be there from KE Arms to give a 30 minute intro to competition shooting for those of you who have never shot a match before, or just may not shoot many of them.

Range fee will be $25. You must let me know if you plan to attend by emailing me: [email protected]

If you have other rifles you want to shoot during that time, you're welcome to bring them. Steel targets go out to 1000m.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Please add Ian/Forgotten Weapons to the group, he's with me.  :)
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Por que?  What is the fun squad?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
In

Woot
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Can i play on the fun squad? Would like to shoot trooper this time around.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Por que?  What is the fun squad?
View Quote

The fun squad is a group of shooters that like to have a great time, not take themselves too seriously, show up to win but enjoy the day if they don't. At these matches you typically shoot for only about 5 minutes but you're there for like 7 hours so it's nice to have good company.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Please add me.  I can't shoot with the serious crowd.  I will lose my shit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Me + 3/4
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
It finally registered. Lol. Independence day match.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Squad is full with 15 shooters.

If you're on the squad list in the OP, be sure that you want to be and will show up so that we have a full squad!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Super excited for this!!!! Love shooting this match with this group of guys! Super excited that Tim is making it down for it
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Soooooooooooo
Food/drink afterwards? Crash Shawn's shop?

I realized I haven't shot this match since 2012  

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Soooooooooooo
Food/drink afterwards? Crash Shawn's shop?

I realized I haven't shot this match since 2012  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RClSdJRIUNI
View Quote

Yes - crash Shawn's shop and shower him with empty brass cases.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait wait - are you coming? I thought you would be working.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

You guys are too fast. I go offline for a few days to deal with real life shit and totally miss the boat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be working. Well hopefully I'll be sleeping while the match is going on. But you get the point.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Plane ticket have been bought, car rental done.
It'll be fun flying through Denver with an SBR.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Getting ready, got a case of Hornady 123gr SST for the match and the new Primary Arms 4x ACSS w/ 7.62x39 BDC
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://i59.tinypic.com/11wfwog.jpg

Getting ready, got a case of Hornady 123gr SST for the match and the new Primary Arms 4x ACSS w/ 7.62x39 BDC
View Quote

Well done sir! I want to remind everyone else that ammo with steel-containing projectiles (most Wolf, Tula, even M80 ball) is FORBIDDEN... please check your ammo before the match.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Update in the OP with Practice Date info.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Update in the OP with more info about the Practice Day on June 29.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#23]
For those who haven't shot a match before...

The intro class done by S-R will be worth your time to attend.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Last chance to get in on the practice day next Monday! Let me know ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#25]
For my fun squad mates.  Last year I brought an easy up shade canopy with me and we deployed it on the last stage while waiting for the squad in front of us to finish and get out of our way.

This year, if some of you are willing to help. I will bring two 15'x15' shade canopies that we can set up, and then move around to each stage.  If you all are willing to help me set up and pack em up, I will bring em out for all to enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For my fun squad mates.  Last year I brought an easy up shade canopy with me and we deployed it on the last stage while waiting for the squad in front of us to finish and get out of our way.

This year, if some of you are willing to help. I will bring two 15'x15' shade canopies that we can set up, and then move around to each stage.  If you all are willing to help me set up and pack em up, I will bring em out for all to enjoy.
View Quote

That sun shade saved our butts on that last stage. I will help pack it around, no problem.

We'll also need to make sure we do the Pay It Forward awards again - that was a good time! I'll post up more info on Monday after the practice day.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#27]
4 people per sun shade to move em around works very well.  Unless it is really windy, then we will break em down to move.

Pay it forward was a great idea and well done.  I'm in!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That sun shade saved our butts on that last stage. I will help pack it around, no problem.

We'll also need to make sure we do the Pay It Forward awards again - that was a good time! I'll post up more info on Monday after the practice day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to see we are doing the awards again! That was a good time!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Our Practice Day went very well today. A huge thanks to Russell Phagan from KE Arms for coming out and running us all through a few drills. If you missed out today, make sure you check your zero and know your point of impact and holdovers from 0m-400m.

I will be at the match around 6a to snag a roster and start getting everyone signed in. Look for me by the front check-in area to make sure your name gets on the roster – I will likely be wearing a green and tan Independence Training ballcap.

As we have in years past, we will be doing a Pay It Forward event at the end of the match, just for our squad. You are NOT REQUIRED to participate, but it is a lot of fun. Bring any piece of gear or equipment that is shooting related, and still functional, that you don’t use anymore but feel that someone else could put to work. Items will be selected first with a few ‘special’ categories, after which everyone will have a chance to trade gear from the table. If you want to bring multiple things, that’s fine, too. We will be doing the Pay It Forward event after the match, so don’t worry about carrying it around with you all day.

Don’t forget to bring lots of water and snacks! Also make sure to review the email sent by Rio Salado for all important match info.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Good practice today, even though it was brutally hot out.

See you guys on Saturday!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks guys for the practice day yesterday! It was a great time and learned a good bit, even though it was hot as hell out. But isn't that how trooper division like it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm likely switching squads to shoot with some guys that didn't make this one in time.  I will be with the KE crew.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I have assigned you guys to Squad 5. You will start on Stage 4. Stage CRO is notgrownupyetSBR556. When you arrive at the range, come to registration first (Practical Pistol Bays) to collect your score sheet, sign up for the squad, and attend the shooter meeting at 6:45am.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have assigned you guys to Squad 5. You will start on Stage 4. Stage CRO is notgrownupyetSBR556. When you arrive at the range, come to registration first (Practical Pistol Bays) to collect your score sheet, sign up for the squad, and attend the shooter meeting at 6:45am.
View Quote

Many thanks! See you tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top