Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2015 10:36:04 PM EDT
Looking for someone that can do a simple lift on a Tacoma, say like 1 1/2 to 2 inches.  Checked into the local places and they don't leave me with a very good feeling. Thanks -
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
lukeduke and I put an old man emu kit (3", IIRC) on his Tundra a while back.  It was pretty easy, with just hand tools.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lukeduke and I put an old man emu kit (3", IIRC) on his Tundra a while back.  It was pretty easy, with just hand tools.
View Quote

It seems like its not that hard for what I want - I've been doing a ton of research on it. Problem is me, it seems most days all my joints and muscles are killing me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Phoenix 4 wheel supply did some work for us on fleet trucks and cut me a deal on new shocks.

Give them a call.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/

Broadway and the 101 area
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/

Broadway and the 101 area
View Quote

That's probably where I would take a Tacoma.

Most of the other places I know are pretty Jeep-heavy, and thus don't play a lot with independent suspensions.

4Wheelers on Washington/34th, for instance. Jeeps out the wazzoo, but not sure they'd know what to do with a Taco.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#6]
XTC Motorsports in Mesa / Gilbert area. He is a good guy and does solid work. Then there is always 4Wheel Parts in Phoenix or Mesa. If you want to do it yourself check out Toytec. Avoid spacer lifts at all cost. Bilstien adjustable coil overs have a great ride and will do what you want. OME stuff is amazing!! However in most cases will give you more lift than you are asking about. Did I mention avoiding spacer lifts?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Please make sure you do something to prevent slinging rocks at windshields. Ex. Mudflaps or something
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Talked with the folks at Sierra Expeditions and had a few more off line recommendations for them. Thanks! Gonna hit them up next week. Oh, and no spacers here -
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top