Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 4:01:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a tree in my back yard that bees seem to like to swarm to every year.  I just go outside and throw a brick at them about once every couple hours and they usually pack up and leave the next morning at first light.  They don't like being bothered.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you found anyone yet?  I bet there is a forum(that is not composed of sissies afraid of bugs and snakes like arfcom) or group or number you can call that will get a beekeeper out there post haste.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yellow pages maybe?  I know a lot of the ranchers in Arivaca keep bees, some do it themselves and some have local bee keepers.  I know I've seen two or three company vehicles referencing bee keeping and removal services (yeah I know you don't want to pay for it, these aren't wrapped/pro commercial vehicles, more like POVs with cheap magnetic signs or stenciled on letters).  I can't for the life of me remember any of the names though.  Go find a feed store and ask around.  I see hives in white boxes almost everywhere I go in rural areas around Pima/Santa Cruz/Cochise.  There's gotta be a ton of folks who would come for a free hive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a swarm that decided to set up permanent residence in my yard.  As much as I would like to let them stay for my fruit trees and garden I don't want the bees around my dogs so they have to go.  I would like to have a bee keeper come get them so I don't have to exterminate the hive.  If anyone here keeps bees or knows someone that does and would like to capture a hive, please send me an IM so we can hash out the details.  I would really like to have to avoid killing them off.

Thanks in advance for any help.
View Quote

Pretty much in the same situation.  What did you end up doing?

Or does anyone have any more recommendations.  They are under a shed in my backyard.

I am in the North Scottsdale/PHX area

Quoted:
Not yet.  I was hoping we had an AZHTF member that was a bee keeper.  If I don't find anyone here I will probably make an ad on Craigslist.
View Quote

ETA- have checked on craigslist, but same as Corporal_Chaos and was hoping we had someone in the AZHTF
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok thanks for the reply
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top