Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2015 3:35:51 PM EDT
I'm trying to reinstall my A2 birdcage with a peel washer for mounting a can, and the instructions says to apply some Flexbar Rocksett to the threads. I can't seem to find any at Home Depot or Lowes. Does anyone know of a store that sells it in the Tucson area? I only need 1 application of it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not use Flexbar Rocksett on an A2 birdcage. It's not really necessary when used with a peel washer. Just apply some anti-sieze or oil, and snug it down.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would not use Flexbar Rocksett on an A2 birdcage. It's not really necessary when used with a peel washer. Just apply some anti-sieze or oil, and snug it down.
View Quote

The instructions on my HALO suppressor say it's required...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck finding it.  I ended up ordering online
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Gonna have to order it online. I haven't found any place that carries it.

Don't use anti-seize or oil on things that have a torque spec unless it specifically calls for it. They will not torque properly and you can end up damaging them. Flash hiders and silencer mounts call for degreasing and Rocksett application.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Tucson and have a bottle of it. PM me and you can bring your stuff over to my work where I keep it. I'm here M-F 7-3. I'm at Valencia and S. Wilmot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top