Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2015 8:49:07 PM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=846207218749517&fref=nf

for better or worse.  I know most of the officers that responded
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The family that goes to jail together...
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
yep it is,ould've shot one more in my opinion
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That was WAY crazier than I ever imagined.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy shit, thats the craziest scene ever
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I was thinking.  Damn that was bizarre.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
lol, some of the comments in GD is full of keyboard fuck.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy clusterfuck. I couldn't help but cheer inside when the second group of officers arrived and just start kicking some ass.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow that guy in the grey shirt really helped out. I see at 8 minutes a cop has a tourniquet on his leg, was he stabbed or shot?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#10]
lucky more of em werent shot IMO.  fucking crazy idiots.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#11]
They are lucky any of them are still alive The officers showed great restraint, but maybe not great control of the situation. What is so difficult about following simple commands?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Back story on this?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit...what a scene.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Back story on this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Back story on this?

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/294313-christian-performers-arizona-walmart-get-brawl-cops-now-one-person-dead-reaching-gun/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

On Friday, Arizona’s Cottonwood Police Department released dash cam
footage of a brawl between a traveling family from Idaho and a group of
cops that quickly turned deadly.
The incident happened on March 21st, in parking lot of the Cottonwood
Walmart. Police were responding to a call about a Walmart employee
being assaulted as she entered the restroom.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow is right!  I hope all of the officers are going to be okay.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Crazy to watch
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
That went badly fast.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Multiple attackers VS trained individuals.... yup even then shit can go south quick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I see at 8 minutes a cop has a tourniquet on his leg, was he stabbed or shot?
View Quote

Shot. After the fucknuts tackled him they started trying to pull his gun out of his holster, so he ended up in a wrestling match with them trying to retain his gun. The gun discharged and he took one in the leg.

Here's a good video of the press conference where Cottonwood PD released the video to the media. The Chief of Police goes through the video in slow motion and explains everything that's happening blow by blow. It's a really good look at the incident and the Chief does a good job.

Good stuff starts at 18:16.

http://youtu.be/Ki-R0d7DIAE?t=1095
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:38:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Good lord I finally watched it.  You needed prison tactics to handle that.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Shot. After the fucknuts tackled him they started trying to pull his gun out of his holster, so he ended up in a wrestling match with them trying to retain his gun. The gun discharged and he took one in the leg.

Here's a good video of the press conference where Cottonwood PD released the video to the media. The Chief of Police goes through the video in slow motion and explains everything that's happening blow by blow. It's a really good look at the incident and the Chief does a good job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see at 8 minutes a cop has a tourniquet on his leg, was he stabbed or shot?

^This

The family made three huge mistakes. 1.) They didn't stop fighting once the cops arrived. 2.) Didn't stop fighting when the cops tried to break it up.  3.) Tried to steal a cop's firearm.

The cops could have handled breaking up the fighting better, but when in a situation like that, nothing usually goes as planned.

Problem is when you read comments about this incident. 90% of the comments are how the cops are Nazi's and how they "executed" the one guy for nothing.

Though that 90% of people have 1.) Never been a cop or security guard  and 2.) Do not know what they are talking about because the guy tried to take a cop's firearm.

This incident could have been much worse.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm the last person to think cops do no wrong but I think they showed great restraint not putting more bullets down the chamber. It was obvious these people weren't just resisting arrest but assaulting and possibly trying to shoot the cops. It was to many people going nuts for that few of cops to have it all under control. Prison riot tactics are exactly right to get control back. The real thing Id critique is they should of cuffed the ones on the ground the few times they got them there. They kept getting back in the fight once the cops would leave. I assume Cottonwood isn't even as big as Wickenburg or a Payson size town??
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#24]
The cops showed a lot of restraint .
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
If you didn't know any better while watching it, you'd think it was a bad TV show up until the shooting began.  

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Amazing, impressive self restraint on the officer's parts. They all deserve a raise.

One thing that I noticed about the video, is the fact that the officer's weapon was malfunctioning, and the he can be seen with his back on the ground, after being shot, racking the slide due to a malfunction.

Just goes to show that malfunctions can and will happen at the absolute worst time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:09:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised to find that those malfunctions were the result of the slide's range of motion being blocked while they were wrestling around.  That's one argument in favor of a revolver for a backup gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazing, impressive self restraint on the officer's parts. They all deserve a raise.

One thing that I noticed about the video, is the fact that the officer's weapon was malfunctioning, and the he can be seen with his back on the ground, after being shot, racking the slide due to a malfunction.

Just goes to show that malfunctions can and will happen at the absolute worst time.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that those malfunctions were the result of the slide's range of motion being blocked while they were wrestling around.  That's one argument in favor of a revolver for a backup gun.

Came to the same conclusion, or the mag release being mashed and the mag not being seated. Both?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Am I the only one who's amazed that a group of individuals as lawless and assaultive as the "family" in this video wasn't armed? I mean, it's Arizona, we allow private sales of firearms, so they wouldn't have had to pass a background, why WOULDN'T they have guns?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who's amazed that a group of individuals as lawless and assaultive as the "family" in this video wasn't armed? I mean, it's Arizona, we allow private sales of firearms, so they wouldn't have had to pass a background, why WOULDN'T they have guns?
View Quote

What's the law in Idaho? Rumor is they were from there, were on the road 4 days.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Their laws look similar, except they have some kind of a funny rule about not being allowed to conceal a weapon inside of a car within city limits unless it's disassembled, but from the looks of the action on that video I don't think they were big fans of law and order anyhow. Imagine how much worse it could've been if they'd been armed. Freaks. They must've been on their way to Kingman...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#33]
This video/situation is insane. I fully support the police here, they did everything they could and somehow only killed 1 person. That was some serious restraint. Sadly a officer was hit and I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#34]
WTF was that shitshow and amateur hour?

And did I see two of the inbred retards punching each other during the brawl? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cop. Then the one was wandering around with I don't know how many guns on him and he wouldn't comply.

Just all sorts of WTF there.

lol Cottonwood. Good game.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

And did I see two of the inbred retards punching each other during the brawl? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cop. Then the one was wandering around with I don't know how many guns on him and he wouldn't comply.

View Quote

The one on the side of the LEOs punching away was a Walmart loss prevention employee.  He was throwing haymakers like a boss.  Yeah, that was quite a melee.  Sorting it out is a real mess.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The one on the side of the LEOs punching away was a Walmart loss prevention employee.  He was throwing haymakers like a boss.  Yeah, that was quite a melee.  Sorting it out is a real mess.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that one but I'm pretty sure two of the family were fighting each other
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Private sales are expensive and require the internet. That family had no access to either. Bullets are also VERY EXPENSIVE. They also require that you not look creepy when you meet the seller or he/she will just drive away from you, would you sell a gun to this family? I know I wouldn't just based on looks alone.

Even the shittiest malfunctioning Smith and Wesson Sigma goes for 350.00 to 450.00 in a private sale.

No I am not surprised they did not have guns. I am surprised no one has said anything about your thinly veiled anti private sales comment though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Private sales are expensive and require the internet. That family had no access to either. Bullets are also VERY EXPENSIVE. They also require that you not look creepy when you meet the seller or he/she will just drive away from you, would you sell a gun to this family? I know I wouldn't just based on looks alone.

Even the shittiest malfunctioning Smith and Wesson Sigma goes for 350.00 to 450.00 in a private sale.

No I am not surprised they did not have guns. I am surprised no one has said anything about your thinly veiled anti private sales comment though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think everything I own with the exception of an old Mossy 500 is private sale, and I prefer it that way. I can see where you're coming from, I guess it could've been taken as anti-private sale, but really I was just thinking aloud about how bad it could've been when you have a bunch of cops wading right into the middle of a group of people with absolutely no qualms about being violent at them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top