Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2015 12:46:40 AM EDT
Is there any areas that you can BBQ along the salt? Was thinking of maybe getting together with a few other families on Sunday and do a very non traditional Easter.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some campground and picnic areas between power/McDowell and saguaro lake.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Water is running real low right now (@15cfs).
If you want to just do a BBQ I think the area just past the Salt River bridge/Bluepoint is open.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, going to go scout it later. Don't need much water, just a change of scenery.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
33.51410265909657, -111.6821951979453

Just remember, most areas with any improvements require a Tonto Pass, although maybe they won't enforce that on Easter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to just do a BBQ I think the area just past the Salt River bridge/Bluepoint is open.
View Quote

Sounds like a good time this summer to sit in the water and fish while drinking beer that's going to be floating your way from coolers hitting low rocks and maybe some bikini bottoms ripping off as well
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds like a good time this summer to sit in the water and fish while drinking beer that's going to be floating your way from coolers hitting low rocks and maybe some bikini bottoms ripping off as well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Water flow will increase when they open the tube rental place. Blue Point area is open (just past the bridge) and if you get there early in the morning you may see the heard of wild horses.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Water flow will increase when they open the tube rental place. Blue Point area is open (just past the bridge) and if you get there early in the morning you may see the heard of wild horses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, now my daughter wants to get baptized this weekend as well, and the area south of the overpass by blue point seems like the only area deep enough to do it..... Not sure how full that small parking lot will get on a Sunday though?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Sounds like a plan to me!

and if you get there early in the morning you may see the heard of wild horses.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#10]
There should be plenty of water in the "hole" just downstream from the bridge for a Baptism. Bonus from low water is the current is almost nil. Things (parking spots) have been filling up pretty early. When I go by there at 7:30AM it's already 1/4 full on weekends.

The horses are cool, but they rule the roost out there on the road. I've seen three horses killed over the years and two cars totaled. Not to mention all the close calls from the snowbirds slamming on their brakes when they spot the herd just off the road.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:36:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There should be plenty of water in the "hole" just downstream from the bridge for a Baptism. Bonus from low water is the current is almost nil. Things (parking spots) have been filling up pretty early. When I go by there at 7:30AM it's already 1/4 full on weekends.

The horses are cool, but they rule the roost out there on the road. I've seen three horses killed over the years and two cars totaled. Not to mention all the close calls from the snowbirds slamming on their brakes when they spot the herd just off the road.
View Quote

If that's the hole I know, my youngest brother nearly drown there - he wasn't used to swimming in a current, grew tired and went under.  My next younger brother and I pulled him up and over to the south bank -

I don't want to be a downer, but be safe OP
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I love hanging out on the river, but it's a shame to hear about people drowning each year.

Wife said river is too low & not enough open parking. Party moved to the park by the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top