Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 1:50:44 AM EDT
I'm down here for the week with some friends and their son is turning 18. He wants to shoot there this week. Has anyone else been? I've never shot someplace I rent firearms and purchase ammo. I've been to plenty of ranges but it's usually clubs. Insights or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That is not too far from my house. It is very busy Friday nights (ladies night). Saturday/Sunday afternoon can get busy. Renting guns and buying their ammo is expensive. Other than that it is a nice place and have a pretty good selection of guns to rent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice range.  It's where I shoot.  Good to go.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]
AR pistols not allowed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Great! Thanks guys. I figured it would be expensive on the ammo side. I didn't plan ahead to bring range toys so I'll just have to pay up. Can you take your own ammo when renting a gun? I would think not.

I saw that about the AR pistol. It's interesting they don't even allow them on the rifle side.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great! Thanks guys. I figured it would be expensive on the ammo side. I didn't plan ahead to bring range toys so I'll just have to pay up. Can you take your own ammo when renting a gun? I would think not.

I saw that about the AR pistol. It's interesting they don't even allow them on the rifle side.
View Quote

You can not use your own ammo in a rented range gun!  

I have shot an AR pistol there before. Is that something new?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Guns must have a stock.  I'm not sure how they treat those gay ass Sig braces.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guns must have a stock.  I'm not sure how they treat those gay ass Sig braces.
View Quote

Glad I just sent in my pistol serial for sbr approval to avoid that. A friend had one and immediately regretted buying it. He's now waiting on the atf as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]
As long as the ammo you brought is fully encased by a jacket they will let you use it.
I got Winchester for this reason and they say I am GTG. That is the 27av one though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#10]
They also say no rapid fire.  I was pounding away pretty quickly a few months ago and an RO came running over, but made the wise decision to look at my target first.  Yeah, the group opened up, but everything was on an 8" Shoot N C at 7 or 10 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top