Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
The last flying B-29 Is only  to be here two days in 2015. Today and tomorrow.
I should step in more often. I thought there would be a thread for it. Admission is 10$ and there are like five more planes.
Pricy but if you want to say you saw one. Hop into the car and go to Deer Vally airport. Go through the Cutter lobby.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool! I might just go check that out tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
It was in Tucson this past weekend - I got to have a look and even crawl around inside a bit.  For such a big plane its pretty cramped inside.  Very impressive
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought that I read that Fifi would be @ Williams through Sunday. Can anyone confirm?  My FIL and I are planning to try to see her...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
This bird is a truly impressive sight.  My office is next to Addison Airport where she was kept for a while a few years ago.   My wallpaper is a pic a co-worker snapped of her at the end of the runway prior to the takeoff roll.  I was at the office which is around halfway down the runway and got to see her lift off.  Also seen flying around our area quite a bit during that time.  I'm lucky I never got in a wreck while watching.  If you get a opportunity to check it out I highly recommend it.  If you get to board, I'm jealous.  A true piece of living history.

Jester
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought that I read that Fifi would be @ Williams through Sunday. Can anyone confirm?  My FIL and I are planning to try to see her...
View Quote

http://www.airpowersquadron.org/
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Saw her flying around, couldn't go see up close.

Heritage flight this weekend in Tucson, today is press day.  I saw a F35 fly in and a sweet P51.  There is at least one F-22 here also.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Saw her flying around, couldn't go see up close.

Heritage flight this weekend in Tucson, today is press day.  I saw a F35 fly in and a sweet P51.  There is at least one F-22 here also.

View Quote

High winds forecast for tomorrow, and rain Sunday - I have a feeling we wont see much flying this weekend dammit
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm planning on going down to Willie tomorrow.

3 of the 5 aircraft appear to actually be from the Arizona Wing, and the 4th (the C-45, AKA Beech 18) the Arizona wing has another one.

I'm sorta surprised they aren't bringing Sentimental Journey down to hang with FiFi, because I'm pretty sure she's here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I enjoy seeing her around DFW
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I enjoy seeing her around DFW
View Quote

I nearly drove off the road heading north on Addison Rd towards Keller Springs and saw her in the hangar.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
2 hours in line for the Cockpit tour today of FiFi today.

They also had a B-25 'Maid in the Shade' and the C-47 down from the Arizona Wing at Falcon. They both went home tonight.

We also had a nice visit from a pair of USMC Hornets and a T-38, so you had something to watch while you stood in line.

Fun day.

Pics later.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Flew right over my house at several hundred feet.

By the time I got my phone out for a pic it was too far away to get a good photo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I was at my grandson's soccer game just north of William's Field when she was coming in for a landing. Got a nice picture with the 400mm lens.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I did see that bad boy fly the other day, pretty cool. I wasn't sure at first but I knew it couldn't be anything else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top