Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2015 11:12:39 AM EDT
Dropped another boar this weekend. Arrived to camp at 1am, woke up at 645, glassed up pickery at 730, pig down at 745.... Quick hunt

How is everyone elses hunts going? Any Archery deer or archery and HAM hunter success this yr?

Posted this pic cause the one of me holding the javalina up was really big for some reason
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with a friend yesterday on a whim. Didn't have a tag, but was happy to get out of the house. We spotted pigs at first shooting light 200 yards from the truck, but my friend couldn't get a shot off. We spent a while chasing them unsuccessfully.

Nice pig Jered. I might need to hit you up for some intel on future hunts...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What unit did you guys hit?
I hunted 20c for two whole days and didn't see one. We hit it hard too. And before you tell me to glass more, my eyes are still tired from glassing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hunted 20c for two whole days and didn't see one. We hit it hard too. And before you tell me to glass more, my eyes are still tired from glassing.
View Quote

We were in northern 32
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glass more! ha

Yeah man, sometimes these stinky pigs can be a real bugger to spot. I have been really fortunate with my hunting life. I grew up hunting certain units and knowing a lot of people that hunt them also. We all keep tabs on populations of game in certain areas.

I did unit 23, last few times before this hunt I was hunting 19A. Took me 5 yrs to draw a Javalina 23 tag again.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I went with a friend yesterday on a whim. Didn't have a tag, but was happy to get out of the house. We spotted pigs at first shooting light 200 yards from the truck, but my friend couldn't get a shot off. We spent a while chasing them unsuccessfully.

Nice pig Jered. I might need to hit you up for some intel on future hunts...
View Quote

I love helping out hunters man. Ask anytime and I am willing to do my best to help out

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Whacked a couple foxes yesterday.  In a school undertaking and won't have time to commit to a draw hunt.  My wife put in on bull elk this year with her dad, all I can get out to is random mornings for predator hunts
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My son in law and daughter are in 17B. I was supposed to take him on his first big game hunt but I broke my ankle on my Dec. elk hunt last year and am still down. He did some research and I tld him some places to check out so hopefully they can come home with one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
No piggie for me this year.  Was up in 19a, forgot my good glass so did lots of hiking with no success.  Still had a good time and there was no shortage of beer at night around the fire.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No piggie for me this year.  Was up in 19a, forgot my good glass so did lots of hiking with no success.  Still had a good time and there was no shortage of beer at night around the fire.
View Quote

I've been hunting 19a last few yrs and I really liked that unit. Scored my biggest boar there (60lbs).
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Was thinking of a left over tag but the only units were by NM...

Last time I did that I spent all day driving around and only found one place to get out and walk around.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top