Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2015 6:10:23 PM EDT
Any Pima County folks know anything about him, specifically I'm wondering where he'll be on Class 3 stuff if/when he takes over for Dupnik and 41P goes into effect?  Glad Dupnik is going to be gone, I'm sure his liver will give out any time now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Class 3 stuff should be fine.  I will make an inquiry soon.

Dupnik may have stepped on his dick a few times in the media, but he is a good guy.  His liver is fine too.  I don't know where people get this shit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupnik has shown a pattern of opposing people's right to bear arms. He's blamed the victims of illegal immigration when they decided to fight back. He defended the actions of police officers who killed an innocent man in his own home and let him bleed out. He's equated political disagreement with Nazism. He's stepped on his own dick so many times that it must look like he left it laying in TImes Square, and that's set a pattern that goes well beyond an excusable gaff here and there. As for his liver, who knows, and who cares?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
13-3121. Firearm transfers; chief law enforcement officer certification; notification; definitions

A. If a chief law enforcement officer's certification is required by federal law or regulation for the transfer of a firearm, the chief law enforcement officer, within sixty days after receipt of a request for certification by an applicant, shall provide the certification if the applicant is not prohibited by law from receiving the firearm or is not the subject of a proceeding that could result in the applicant being prohibited by law from receiving the firearm. If the chief law enforcement officer is unable to provide a certification as required by this section, the chief law enforcement officer shall notify the applicant, in writing, of the denial and the reason for this determination.

B. The chief law enforcement officer of a law enforcement agency that has fifteen peace officers or fewer may refer an applicant who is requesting a certification pursuant to this section to the county sheriff. A county sheriff who receives a request for certification from a referred applicant shall provide the certification required by this section.

C. Section 12-820.02 applies to a chief law enforcement officer who provides a certification pursuant to this section.

D. This section does not apply to a county attorney or a tribal agency. This subsection does not prohibit a county attorney or a tribal agency from providing an applicant with a certification.

E. A chief law enforcement officer is not required to provide a certification pursuant to this section that the officer knows is untrue but may not refuse to provide a certification that is based on a generalized objection to private persons or entities making, possessing or receiving firearms or any certain type of firearm the possession of which is not prohibited by law.

F. For the purposes of this section:

1. "Certification" means the participation and assent that is required by federal law for the approval of an application to transfer or make a firearm.

2. "Chief law enforcement officer" means any official that the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives, or any successor agency, identifies by regulation or otherwise as eligible to provide any required certification to make or transfer a firearm.

3. "Firearm" has the same meaning prescribed in 26 United States Code section 5845(a).

4. "Proceeding" includes an ongoing criminal investigation that could result in the applicant being prohibited by law from receiving a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
The fact that, without legal precedence, Dupnik conditions his signing with the caveat that you need to provide an entire extra set of EVERYTHING (at your cost), as well as fill out his forms on top of the standard ATF forms, and doesn't offer this information up for public consumption in a reasonable manner makes me glad he's on his way out.

The idea that if you make the process annoyingly difficult then fewer people will go through said process is just a douchebag move. Fuck you Dupnik. Eat a dick and pound sand you fuckstick liberal douchecanoe.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad he's gone as well but I never had an issue with "him" signing off other than his department mailing the forms back to me instead of Tucson Guns who was doing all the paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm glad he's gone as well but I never had an issue with "him" signing off other than his department mailing the forms back to me instead of Tucson Guns who was doing all the paperwork.
View Quote

I've had enough issues with them, as well as enough friends and family having issues that I'm convinced that he's gone out of his way to make the process more difficult and time consuming, simply based on the idea that if it is a chore, fewer people will bother. Since he can't refuse to sign (well he could but that just leaves other options that he cannot control), he just makes it difficult.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Class 3 stuff should be fine.  I will make an inquiry soon.

Dupnik may have stepped on his dick a few times in the media, but he is a good guy.  His liver is fine too.  I don't know where people get this shit.
View Quote

I have heard from a couple people, one of whom is a TPD Sergeant, that Dupnik is a major drunk.  Based on some of the crap that has come out of his mouth I'd guess either that or he's an idiot, maybe both.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#8]
He made it enough of a hassle for me my first time, between extra cost and extra wait time, that I went trust for everything afterwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top