Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 1:28:51 AM EDT
Heard the doors were closed and they aren't answering the phones. Went in last week and a lot of guns were missing from the walls and it just looked empty in there.Any word?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, but if Tom Rompel is out of business, I can't imagine anyone is upset about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno, but if Tom Rompel is out of business, I can't imagine anyone is upset about it.
View Quote

Not one tear shed by me.

ETA:  their Twitter says that they closed their retail store.  Their website isn't great and doesn't seem to be frequently maintained so I'm assuming they are going to be "Done".
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only been there once and it was obvious I was interrupting their conversation about guns in The Matrix so I left.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've only been there once and it was obvious I was interrupting their conversation about guns in The Matrix so I left.
View Quote

I had the same experience.

Sorry to interrupt you, but I have this wad of cash I'd like to trade you for that hunk of metal. Oh, you're not interested?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The place had the worst BBB rating possible and tons of people got robbed and cheated. Most of his staff left prior to this and it was his family running it.  His whole business model was wrong and his shop closing was going to happen sooner rather than later.  A shop called "Black Weapons Armory" had almost no parts and gear for AR15s at all.  No mags, no ammo no nothing. Instead he had about a dozen modified ARs that cost between $800 and $1500 to build that he was asking $2-4k for.  Anyone that knew better would never shop there. He mainly took money, placed orders and never delivered.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:18:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I drive past there the other day they got a sign up a few folks were reading. I almost stopped... But didn't care. I had only been to the old shop. Never stepped foot in the new location. But agree on the assessment above. I've picked up a few pmags from them back in the day but that was about it. They did have some nice looking 9mm dedicated lowers up on the walls but for way too much dinero.

After they mangled a a dudes gun a while back and put the wrong sites on another guys pistol. They became a joke as far as any to trust with your guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Dirt bags. Glad I never wasted my time there. I think all I ever bought from them was a few pmags out of a bin...
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I went in once looking for a new bolt gun. Out of the back comes a new rifle that just came back from testing. It was a mostly stock Remington 700.  They tried to sell me an "tuned" Remington 700 for $4500. It came with their "custom job",  which was cerakote and a gunsmith inspection. I said not for me and never came back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top