Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 11:47:42 AM EDT
I dated Melanie Bernas in middle school.  She was killed along with AnAngela Brosso back in 1992.  They finally made an arrest last night.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Police-make-arrest-in-two-cold-case-murders-from-2-decades-ago-288498611.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Good for the police. I hope they nail the bastard.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Very sad!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, glad to hear they finally caught up to the guy. He probably thought he was in the clear!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good for the police. I hope they nail the bastard.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]

I was in her High School Math Class when she was murdered.  I sat right in front of her.

Glad they were able to find their killer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was in her High School Math Class when she was murdered.  I sat right in front of her.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where did you go to middle?  I was supposed to go to Arcadia (lilived right across the street behind the little medical center) but we moved when I was in 8th grade.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember those cases, I lived about 1/2 mile from where the 2nd body was found at the time
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
what the monkey fuck....at 18 I was NOT thinking about raping/decapitating people let alone doing it....WTF.
If this is they guy, I guarantee there are others. Sick fucks that go down this road do NOT just stop after the leap is made
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
It's gone National.
Was reported on Fox news by Shep Smith.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
what the monkey fuck....at 18 I was NOT thinking about raping/decapitating people let alone doing it....WTF.
If this is they guy, I guarantee there are others. Sick fucks that go down this road do NOT just stop after the leap is made
View Quote

I'm with you, I just can't see how you could do this twice and never again.  I figured he was dead or in prison since there never were any similar murders discovered.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, after the first two he got better at covering his tracks if this is him
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#12]
His facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/theduck13

His other FB page.  I bet lots of you have seen him cruising around town, I know I have.

https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaZombieHunter
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#13]
... wow, how horrific

Sorry you had to go through that in your life, but it's good they finally caught the cocksucker
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Double
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where did you go to middle?  I was supposed to go to Arcadia (lilived right across the street behind the little medical center) but we moved when I was in 8th grade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to Tavan for 5th and 6th and then Ingleside for middle school.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]
He definitely killed others, and I doubt the numbers are that low.  He stabbed a woman in 1989 at PV mall as a juvenile and was suspected of arson another time.  One sick fuck who started with heinous crimes very early in life.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Holy shit. Outstanding that he has been caught. It sucks that he had 20+ years of sunlight unfiltered by prison bars but at least he is fucked now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree, after the first two he got better at covering his tracks if this is him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is going to be many horrible details revealed on this guy!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Holy fuck that is horrible. Sorry for your loss. Damn glad they caught the guy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopi for me then ingleside.  I graduated hs in 1995.  Wonder if we knew each other at ingleside..
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hopi for me then ingleside.  I graduated hs in 1995.  Wonder if we knew each other at ingleside..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  I was 1 year behind (graduated in '96).
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#23]
How did they get his DNA?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have apparently had him on the radar since 1994, but couldn't make the connection.  They finally ran some kind of undercover sting to get his DNA.  I know some of the details of how they did it, but it's not public info, so....
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#25]
i think he MIGHT have meant off of the deceased?...
Found in a canal and all of that
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i think he MIGHT have meant off of the deceased?...
Found in a canal and all of that
View Quote

Quite possibly a biological deposit placed internally. External traces would be mostly washed away, according to all the best murder mystery novels. Length of immersion, depth/temp of water, etc all could play a factor in just how much evidence was dissipated.
Oh, and clothing might still retain some trace, again, depending on immersion time, etc... See "Monica's dress".
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
His facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/theduck13

His other FB page.  I bet lots of you have seen him cruising around town, I know I have.

https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaZombieHunter
View Quote

I drive by that house on my way to work.Cave Creek and Mountain View,I always looked at that car and laughed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
crazy story. never heard a word of it until today.  though I've only been around since 07
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:46:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I found it interesting that he even stabbed a woman in Washington at work, then claimed she was trying to rob him.  He was acquitted!!  The boss of that company even said it all seemed strange and unbelievable.  Soon as they let him out after trial he left back to AZ.  Real serial killer here.  I wonder how many they'll tie to him.  Probably never know for sure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They have apparently had him on the radar since 1994, but couldn't make the connection.  They finally ran some kind of undercover sting to get his DNA.  I know some of the details of how they did it, but it's not public info, so....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can wait, it is the interesting detail they keep leaving out of the story.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually really awesome.  I wish I could share.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#32]
LOL, you suck.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LOL, you suck.  
View Quote

Muwahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Another reason i bring my own cups everywhere and incinerate all my tissues.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#35]
If you ever get something in the mail that says you won something, ask yourself if you've committed a crime for which the police might be actively searching for you before you reply....
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you ever get something in the mail that says you won something, ask yourself if you've committed a crime for which the police might be actively searching for you before you reply....
View Quote

Fishing at its finest.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#37]
From the comments it appears that there have been other women disappear in the same area.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Any updates on how many women disappeared when this loon was living in different areas?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

So... the return envelope came with a stamp he had to lick?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's almost exactly It.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had to seal the envelope. Damn clever......

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#42]
That dude has a death fetish for sure.  His Zombie page really takes a sick turn when you view it in light of what he is suspected of doing.

And he has a ZERT patch.........fuckin' A.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#43]
It's creepy as hell driving by that house every morning.Looks like a landfill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top