Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:15:39 PM EDT
Suggestions appreciated. Near the U of A preferred.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
To do:  Pima Air and Space Museum is not too far away, Desert Museum is about 25 minutes but is also interesting.  Titan Missle Museum and Karchner Caverns are a drive but well worth the windshield time.

To eat:  Cafe Poca Cosa in downtown is really good, El Charro, also downtown is not bad.  Try Bisonwiches for a sandwich or there is a decent Vietnamese whole in the wall east of campus.  There a few fun bars along University on the west side of campus for a beer or to watch the local talent.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
egee's!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
El Guero Canelo, good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for Guero Canelo.

What kind of chow are you looking for? Fine Dining? Casual? Local fast food places?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Which part of town?
1. Casa Molina on Speedway since 1936. Mexican, sit in round room in back under the poster of Matador Diego o Bolger and say Hey, he's a member of AR15.com
2. Pinnacle Peak on Tanque Verde. Western
3 Vivace on North Campbell  3-4 star and one of my snooty favorites.  The eggplant is superb . .
4. .Kazoku Japanese on Speedway.  
5. Fronimos Greek on Speedway.
6. Kingfisher- seafood, really excellent but on a slightly shitty part of town. (near my brothers house) Grant Road.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Downtown you must go to:

El Charo - A Tucson legend. Their carne seca is amazing

La Poca Cosa - Oaxacan food to die for. Has to be experienced to believe.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The Little One (formerly Little Café Poca Cosa), not snobby like the other one. The chipotle pork is the best. Only open M-F
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Eegees for fast food sandwiches, they are famous for their slushy thing called an eegee.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Mi Nidito, the barria taco's are fantastic.  Presidents plate is a lot of food and good
El Guero Canello for Sonoran dogs.  Anything wrapped with bacon is always good
Bisonwitches on 4th Avenue for good sandwiches
Mosaic Café has good food and a nice view of Tucson, especially at night
Pinnacle Peak on Tanque Verde
Oregano's on Speedway and on N. Oracle.  Personally like the Speedway location better but they are both good.
Eegee's, fast food, make sure you try an Eegee;s flavor of the month and the fries with ranch dressing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I must be the only person in Tucson that doesn't appreciate eegee's. Everyone is crazy about them. I tried 3 times, 3 locations and found I could get the same grub at any gas station in the country.

But to each their own!

Bisonwiches is great.

On the topic of sandwiches, The Sausage Shop (commonly mistake for Sausage Deli, which is great on it's own) on Prince and Columbia has some of the best sandwiches I've ever had in the country - and I'm a sandwich guy. I can't leave their little shop without spending $50+ dollars. Stop in for a sandwich, leave with a grocery bag of deli meats, cheese and sausages. I love the old school, bloody butcher's apron deli counter experience. Plus they process game.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I must be the only person in Tucson that doesn't appreciate eegee's. Everyone is crazy about them. I tried 3 times, 3 locations and found I could get the same grub at any gas station in the country.

But to each their own!

Bisonwiches is great.

On the topic of sandwiches, The Sausage Shop (commonly mistake for Sausage Deli, which is great on it's own) on Prince and Columbia has some of the best sandwiches I've ever had in the country - and I'm a sandwich guy. I can't leave their little shop without spending $50+ dollars. Stop in for a sandwich, leave with a grocery bag of deli meats, cheese and sausages. I love the old school, bloody butcher's apron deli counter experience. Plus they process game.

View Quote

I'm with you on eegees, extremely overrated and the eegees drink is just a slushy with fruit pieces in it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But to each their own!

Bisonwiches is great.

View Quote

Definitely have to agree with you on the Sausage Shop!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#14]
We shouldn't leave Lukes out for good 'witches'.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#15]

PS: If you feel your grease levels getting low, stop by Lucky Wishbone.  Amazing fried chicken.  

And breakfasts at Robert's are worth the trip.  Homemade cinnamon rolls with melted butter on the side.  Need I say more?

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:44:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Chuy's and Eegees.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#18]
The Meet Rack.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Rosa's!

All very good posts!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Meet Rack.
View Quote

LOLOLOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Bison Witches on 4th Ave.

Hi Fi on Congress has a killer pretzel (and beers).

Lots of new places on Congress worth checking out.  Park at Maloneys and grab a beer on 4th and start walking.  

Right in the center of the campus area is Gentle Bens Brewing and Frog and Firking.  Lots of other good places too for pub crawling and snacking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I just went to Bison Witches and it was awesome. Make sure you get the soup in bread bowl combo and salad combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top