Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 10:08:21 PM EDT
Any tips on where to look? Bow OTC coming up. Busted out with guns. Could use a deer before year end.

Unit is from 60 split down to 77 by oracle. 79 west side 177 east side.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
We used to hunt the flats on the west side closer to Florence jct. we would creep along the tops of the washes and try and spot them in the bottoms. Ymmv good luck!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
east of Willow Springs Ranch/road....along the head of Camp Grant Wash.
west of Willow Springs Ranch.....along south end of Black Mtn's
Around Antelope Peak/Putnam Wash

Get a good BLM map, it shows land ownership well.

I edited to change Durham wash to Putnam wash.....Durham is east near 89, I mixed them up.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
east of Willow Springs Ranch/road....along the head of Camp Grant Wash.
west of Willow Springs Ranch.....along south end of Black Mtn's
Around Antelope Peak/Durham Wash

Get a good BLM map, it shows land ownership well.
View Quote

Got one. Thanks. Been google earthin' some spots to see what the layout is. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Since you have a map, I will add a few more spots............Cottonwood Wash south of the Grand prize Mine (access off gas line) , to include Circle S wash down to Cottonwood Hill area.

There is quite a bit of private ranch land in there, and i wasn't going to mention these spots if you didn't have maps showing ownership because they don't like trespassing.

I mixed up Durham (east by hwy 89) for Putnam Wash and edited it above.....look near Antelope Peak and PUTNAM Wash
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont hunt the roads. Get up on a some nice vantage points and glass around areas that are off the beat'n path. You will see deer. Just gotta go back a ways from the pressure and stick to it all day. Glass the East sides and flats in the morning and shaded areas during the late morning to late afternoon.

Ill be out there later in Dec with a friend most likely for the archery hunt. There or 37A. Not sure yet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Used to hunt archery season over by the 96 ranch area, pulled some nice ones out of that area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top