Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 5:02:28 PM EDT
My g/f has been wanting to get her AR (bought all the parts and showed her how to install everything but she put it together) done like that "muddy girl" paint scheme so I thought I may do it for her Christmas present.  Does anyone know of a place on the westside that does this?  will they be able to even cerakote it or should I look into something more like a duracote paint with cerakote clear?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
For Cerakote jobs I use X-Werks in Phoenix and LRK Mechanical in Prescott, both are good at what they do, and not all Cerakote places are created equal.

Duracoat is just a paint job, Cerakote is a whole new finish.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think that muddy girl is  more of a "paint job"  but I dont want it to flake off over time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For Cerakote jobs I use X-Werks in Phoenix and LRK Mechanical in Prescott, both are good at what they do, and not all Cerakote places are created equal.

Duracoat is just a paint job, Cerakote is a whole new finish.
View Quote

They have done 2 handguns and two long guns for me.  Awesome people to work with.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I will check them out. thxs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top